We stayed with Canberra Wanderer 74 the night before the City 2 Surf fun run. Our room was the standard single bunk over a double bed but I was interested to see this property didn't have the modular capsule type bathrooms. I found this gave you more room in the shower and no problem with things getting wet if you use the closed toilet seat. Lovely breakfast room overlooking William Street with an outdoor area as well. Fascinating people watching as the thousands of participants stream past for hours. My brother was back from Bondi before the final entrants had entered the tunnel. Easy walk to Kings Cross station for transport to City and walking distance to Hyde Park. There are also numerous car and campervan rental locations nearby. We paid less than the advertised price of $229 for a Saturday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes from the Sydney CBD in the cosmopolitan East Sydney, Formule 1 Sydney East is the ideal inner city budget accommodation. The lively area boasts a huge range of restaurants, bars and clubs; and is within walking distance to the city, Sydney shopping, museums, art galleries, Hyde Park and the colourful Oxford Street.From the close by train station, Bondi Junction, Circular Quay and many more attractions are only a few stops away. Rooms feature a queen size bed with single or double bunk, twin beds or quad share rooms and all have a private en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and LCD TV's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and ACCOR so you can book your Hotel ibis budget Sydney East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Formule 1 Sydney East Hotel Sydney
- Formule 1 Kings Cross Sydney