“not what it once was” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Spa Chakra Sydney

Spa Chakra Sydney
6 Cowper Wharf Road | Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2004, Australia (City East)
(02) 9368 0888
Improve this listing
Ranked #319 of 416 Activities in Sydney
sydney
“not what it once was”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

After recently visiting Spa Chakra for a massage I was disappointed in my experience and how the spa has gone downhill.

Over two years ago I used to frequent the spa to recieve deep tissue massages from Brad and/or Robbie who delivered excellent massages. I had chronic shoulder and next tension which was eliminated by the good work of these therapists.

On returning to the spa recently, the massage I received was sub standard in terms of the therapists skill and their interest In ones job. The individual did not seem to engage in understanding or treating my tension areas that I explained. The massage was medium in pressure and did not address the problems that I outlined. The room was also dirty in corners and under the treatment table.

This was a pity as with decent staff, this treatment centre/spa has potential to deliver an experience aswell as keeping regular clients. The nuts and bolts of any business are the staff and obviously this is why Spa Chakra has moved downhill.

drummoyne
“not so relaxed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

Hi I was greeted with a 'no smile' policy, so it felt like I was a problem. I didnt mean to feel like that, however when we went inside the rooms, the therapist smiled and explained what to do.

After the massage, I felt like it wasnt the hour that I paid for and in the end like i was required to leave.

Like excuse me, can I get dressed first...

That was the last time I went to spa chakra.

I know ring bodybliss beauty and massage mobile therapies. The therapist comes to you and gave me the best massage. They have facials too and spa packages. I found these guys under a google search.

Anyway I have just booked them in recently (my third time) and told them it s for my birthday... they told me they will give me a bottle of bubly for joining bodybliss beauty... these guys are great!!!! Bye bye spa chakra!

Debbie

5 attraction reviews
“Stressing, disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

I went to Spa Chakra for a swedish massage just one week before my wedding day. I would have loved to relax but exactly the opposite happened.

My massouse, Ellen, was terrible. I would like to note that I have been to 5 star-spa's, such as Four Seasons' Spa for Hot Stone massage, which was a great experience every time I went there.

I was tickled and also hurt by Ellen's rough neck massage techniques, however I asked her before the massage not to use deep, too much pressure.

I told her during the swedish massage that she is tickling me and also hurting me at the same time. She couldn't care less.

Also I felt rushed at the end of the massage, I was not offered to lounge around at all but meet the massouses outside, which was a little bit disappointing for a place like Spa Chakra.

I would not go back again, because instead of relaxing, I stressed myself out even more.

I think the management of Spa Chakra should be more clear to the staff about what customers expect from this big reputation place.

“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

My partner booked me into Spa Chakra for a massage as a special gift at a time when I was rather stressed out. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a relaxing, luxurious experience was quite the opposite.

My partner had requested an aromatherapy massage, but when I arrived at reception I was advised that I was booked in for a remedial. I thought that my partner must have decided this would be better so I didn't question it, but after talking to him later, this wasn't the case.

My massage therapist was ok in that I think she was technically quite good, but she was not at all gentle. Similar to the previous review, she was quite careless, impersonal and almost a bit rough. She massaged my neck so aggressively that it was quite sore the next day as a result.

I was also surprised to see the state of the towels - some of the towels on my massage table were worn and frayed at the edges, and one of the towels was stained with what looked like fake tan. Not what you would expect at a Spa of this calibre.

Upon leaving, I wasn't offered tea or water as is the case with other spas I've had the pleasure of visiting (eg The Observatory), so there is no time to gather yourself together before heading out into the 'real world' again. I wasn't sure if this was an oversight, or if they just don't offer this normally.

Overall, a disappointing experience and definitely not worth the premium price.

“Not so serene”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2007

I pretty much agree with the last review. I felt very rushed here. While my husband was very happy with his massage (by Cyril) I wasn't as pleased with mine. The girl who gave me my massage (Ellen) just wasn't very careful with me. When she massaged my legs she sat on the massage bed and actually sat on my foot to begin with. I've never had a masseuse sit on my massage bed before. She also hurt my ears and pulled all my hair when massaged my neck and scalp and at the end of the massage when she washed her hands she accidently flicked the water from her hands on my face. Not a very relaxing end to a massage. Obviously she wasn't meaning any of this on purpose but I expect more professionalism. I just didn't feel she was taking very good care of me. I think our massages were cut short too. I turned my mobile off before our footbath at 12.58pm and our footbaths and 90 min massages were over at 2.30pm. Also I haven't been to a day spa where the massage has finished and immediately the lights were turned on and you're asked to dress and meet the masseuse outside. Usually (and I am talking Espa in Palm Cove and Yindi Day Spa) you're given an eye pillow and some time to gather yourself and then served tea afterwards. It was a bit here's your hat, where's your hurry. The massage wasn't terrible but I wouldn't return here. I was expecting more not only for the money but the reputation which is why I chose Spa Chakra. I'm not meaning to sound like I'm whinging unnecessarily but I spent a lot of time researching the best spa in Sydney to go and I was disappointed with my experience here. That said my husband did enjoy his massage.