“Great place to stay with Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street

Save Saved
You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   329 Pitt Street | Corner Pitt and Bathurst Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi*
Ranked #12 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Singapore
“Great place to stay with Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We chose these apartments based on availability and the desire to accommodate our family of 6 in one dwelling. We were very pleased with this choice. We came to appreicate this location as it was very centralized. We could walk to the Sydney Harbor ferries in about 15 minutes or to the central train station in about 15 minutes. Darling Harbor was an approximate 10 minute walk. There was incredible shopping nearby and a multitude of restaurants. This location is really right in the middle of everything.

Our apartment was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath. The kitchen was fully equipped but truly not utilized by us as we were always out and about. Everything was very clean. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MSAPittStreet, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Michelle L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments, Pitt Street.

I was pleased to read your comments and appreciate your time. Our array of apartment types allow all types of guests, whether you are on business or holiday, traveling alone or in groups to stay within our Meriton Serviced Apartments.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

990 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The last review said the corridor smelt musty. I know why! We were on the 23rd floor when there was a fire on the 39th floor. apparently a woman was heating a bottle for a baby and fell asleep! This doesnt make any sense as surely you would boil the kettle and also surely the baby would be crying waiting to be fed! Anyway, the sprinklers went off and water poured down the stairs and our corridor was inches deep in water! I was awoken by a fireman shouting "fire brigade" and banging on doors but was never contacted by staff to tell me whether I should still be in the building! We left in the morning.

Dear Susan T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at MSA Pitt Street.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, as a result of the fire which took place in a guests apartment during the period of your stay.

The information previously provided is correct and fortunately neither mother, child nor other family members were injured.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly at tripadvisor@meriton.net.au and I will be happy to discuss any concerns further.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We arrived late after enormous traffic jams and were greeted by Kahled and Katie who were magnificent. I asked if they could give us a high room so that we had a good view, and so they did: 50th floor. Verandahs wrapped the serviced apartment. Televisions in the main living room as well as each bedroom. A Nespresso machine to polish things off. And, location, location, location. We had a fabulous time and of course will look forward to our next stay, especially after being checked out so efficiently by newbie Jenny.
This is a hotel that doesn't skimp on staff. And they all greet you and wish you a good day. It was just perfect; not a fault.

Room Tip: Ask for high. But all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear ACLambert,

Thank you for your lovely words.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback from our guests. Our team is continually striving to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is clear that on this occasion they have provided exemplary customer service standards. I was pleased to see that you were allocated on of our sub penthouse apartments with the Nespresso machine and the TV’s in each bedroom.

Thank you once again for your kind review and we look forward to serving you again.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Location with a pub across the road is great. Check in is seamless. 1-brm apartment I stayed in smelled a bit musky. The corridor with its motion sensors and white fluorescent lamps... now that is an experience I'd rather live without.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear julesnotatworkSG,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments.

As you have kindly mentioned our location is very central, with access to restaurants, cafes, shopping and transport options. I have taken your comments on board and hope it did not affect your stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the near future. Thank you for your feedback.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were lucky enough to score a room here for $109 for one night.

We asked for a studio (because that's the cheapest) but instead we got a one-room apartment. The apartment is just like every other Meriton; very spacious and has everything you need. Except this time we actually bought food to cook - I was surprised that there was no oven. I do believe recalling that the other Meritons had one. But whatever, that wasn't a huge dealbreaker!

What made the experience amazing was the fact that they gave us a balcony. And I'm not talking about some normal small balcony that hotels usually give. They gave us a WHOLE F****KIN' TERRACE! I was so gobsmacked! You should've seen the terrace - it was double the size of the whole apartment itself - you could throw a party right there!!!

I couldn't believe how lucky we were! I looked around and NO ONE had the same balcony space as us. NO ONE! And we didn't even pay full price!!!

Very happy about this place! Oh, and the spa was great!

My only critique (besides the oven) is that the structure of the floors are pretty weird. Some rooms share the same main door; when you open up the main door, you're at a crossroads of two more doors in which you have to swipe your card again to open your door. It makes things a bit uncomfortable/awkward cause you kinda feel like you're living with other people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MSAPittStreet, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear JonoAroundTheWorld,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street.

I was delighted to read your comments and pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Please note that our studio apartments are equipped with conventional ovens and kitchenettes only. Our apartments on level 18 have terraces surrounding the building and are often popular with our ‘long stay guests’.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had high expectations and was really looking forward to finally having an apartment with a kitchen to stay in after several days in a 5-star hotel. Let me break it down:
Check-in: Friendly but slow. With a 3-year-old in tow, the wait was not fun.
We had booked a 1-bedroom apartment and when we got to it, there was a huge stain on the sofa, which looked like milk chuck. We asked immediately to be moved. They told us to wait in the apartment and they would come and get us with keys to another apartment. Another 20 minute wait. By this time, we were dealing with a very cranky and restless child! Finally, my husband went downstairs to get it done himself. He came back up within 5 mins (and we waited 20 mins for them?), then we moved to another apartment ourselves.
To our surprise, they had given us a two-bedroom apartment. But within 1 minute of moving in, they called to say they were going to going to send someone up to lock up the other bedroom and bathroom. Talk about magnamity! We had recently stayed at the Emporium Suites in Bangkok, and when we had requested a room next to our extended family (who had a 3-bedder), the gave us a 2-bedder without extra charge, nor did they even lock up any rooms/bathrooms. Anyway, different country, different culture, I'd imagine.

The apartment: It was neat, tidy, without any personality. Nothing to write home about. The kitchen was equipped, but the knives in the knife block were all unuseable. Not only were they all blunt, they were blunt and bent at the tips. Made chopping and cutting very precarious and scary!

Hospitality: Our first night, not only were we disturbed by the troubles at check up and person coming to lock up the rooms, within two hours, just as my son was finally nodding off, this hedious fire alarm goes off. We rang the reception and were told it was a 'false' alarm. Then a horrendously loud announcement came on and told us to evacuate. Again, we rang and they told us it was a false alarm. Within minutes, the fire trucks had pulled up downstairs. After ten minutes of this commotion, we were told that it was one of the residents who was cooking and had smoked out the apartment so the alarm went off. When we asked how long it'd be before the alarms will be reset, they didn't know.

At this point, I about had it and were ready to check out. We rang reception but as expected, they 1) didn't know how to resolve it; 2) did not accede to our request to find another room at a different Meriton apartment.
After what seemed like eternity, the alarms were finally switched off. And the first announcement went something like this: "Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to inform you that it was a false alarm and are sorry if it caused any inconvenience." How about an apology first before being pleased that it's a false alarm?

Housekeeping: We didn't expect much, but we didn't expect that little either. We had requested for a cot - but just the mattress for our child. When they brought it, they didn't have a pillow for my child. Luckily I brought his little pillow in my suitcase! On top of that, there was no blanket for my child. They basically gave him a King-size flatsheet, folded several times over. But with the room temp set and fixed at 22C, this makeshift blanket just wasn't enough. My child was cold all night and wasn't able to sleep - this after the fiasco of the fire alarms and rocky check-in.

The next day, after our day out visiting sites, we returned to our apartment. To my surprise (horror), my son's 'blanket was dumped on our bed like a heap of trash!!! A card was left on the bed, stating that if we wanted additional housekeeping, apart from just making the beds, that we had to make prior arrangements at Reception. Gosh, I mean, not like housekeeping had to wash up our dishes or anything! They basically had to just fold up the makeshift blanket and straighten out the cot sheets. That's IT! Frankly, i'm shocked and disappointed.

Location: Obviously being on Pitt Street is very convenient. But anyone who knows Sydney, knows that the Bathurst/Pitt intersection is the demarkation line of nice and grotty! So expect the smell of urine around the corners of the building!!! And Friday night is just really noisy. Seems everyone is in the city partying. Sirens are everywhere. Honking is rampant. The screeching of tyres, people shouting... Just a typical Friday night in that area!

What did I like about this place? The security. The lifts are secured and there's no way anyone in the building has access to your floor, unless they live there.

Will I be back? No.

Dear Luxebabe,

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your experiece and for providing feedback.

I was most disappointed and very surprised to read your comments. As you can see, our guest Trip Advisor ratings for service, accommodation and location are usually very high.

However, clearly on this occasion we did not meet your expectations on a number of levels.

I would be very pleased if you would contact me on 'tripadvisor@meriton.net.au', as I would very much like to speak with you and to restore your faith in our service.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Fab view from the 35th floor. Lifts took their time but on the whole it was fine and didn't have to wait a long time. A clean and large apartment that had all the usual facilities and all of them were in working order. Although Pitt St is a bit of a walk from the Opera house/Circular Quay it is well served by public transport and the apartments are in close proximity to good eateries and coffee shops. As this was the second time we had stayed we knew where it was, but as usual the taxi driver from the airport did not know and had to look it up in his map book. So one thing that could be better is a more prominent display of the Meriton sign along Pitt Street.

Dear Hooxy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments. Your business is valuable and we appreciate your loyalty.

I was pleased to read your comments and note you enjoyed the view from your apartment on the 35th floor. As you have kindly mentioned our location is in close proximity to the wonderful sites, shops, restaurants and galleries that Sydney has to offer.

Thank you once again for your review and we do look forward to welcoming you back one day!

Hotel Manager

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street? Share your experiences!