“Great place to stay in Sydney CBD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street

Save Saved
You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   329 Pitt Street | Corner Pitt and Bathurst Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi*
Ranked #15 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Great place to stay in Sydney CBD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom apartment. Well maintained and a very safe place to stay. Close to great shopping malls and even attractions like Darling Harbor and Sydney Opera House are not too far. Lots of restaurants and bars in the vicinity too. The only drawback is the check-out time of 10 am. Probably this can be increased to 12 pm since check-in does not start before 2pm. I would probably chose this place again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Pinaki P
Thank you for your lovely review.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and have made note of your comments. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

881 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having stayed previously at very impressive Meriton World Tower, I thought I'd give the Pitt St location a try- big mistake.
The apartment was tiny, not at all like the photos on the website, the lifts bizarre (you have to go to the ground floor every time you get in) the curtains didn't block out the light so I was awake at 5.30am, and the balcony was locked due to "objects being thrown".
All up, definitely not worth the price paid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear MLBMelbourne,
Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback regarding your most recent stay.
I apologise that you were disappointed with various aspects of your stay and have taken your comments on board. Please be advised that our lifts are on secure system and therefore an access card is required at all times to access floors. Without this access card the only accessible floor is the ground floor, to enhance guest security where possible. I would like to also advise you that we have recently been able to allow balcony access, I apologise if this made a negative impact on your stay.
I do hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future and would like to thank you once again for your feedback.
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, Management
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Thinking that is would to a great experience we booked the penthouse, for two nights.How wrong we were. We had to get the cleaners back 3 times to clean the balconies, one beadroom. The tv and Internet did not work. The only good point I would say was the views. When we checked out I told the reception how dirty the apartment was. The answer was that there had been a party there. I thought that there was a no policy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear JWLAustralia,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you reported. I note that you stayed with us in November 2011 (over a year ago) and can see that our staff reimbursed you for the reported issues during your stay. Over the last year we have been focusing heavily on the services we provide to ensure occurrences as such do not arise. We appreciate all feedback as it continually allows us to develop and grow as a leading accommodation provider. You are most certainly correct in saying that we have a No Party and Excessive Noise Policy, however as this experience was over a year ago it is difficult for me to investigate this matter further.

JWLAustralia, I was sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your stay; however should you choose to return to the area in future, I do hope you will give Meriton Serviced Apartments another chance to make the positive impression that we are well recognised for.

We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.

Kind Regards,
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in a 3-bedroom apartment for 4 nights. The space was adequate, completely-equipped, clean and tastefully furnished. Front desk staff were crisp and busy. The night guard was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for its location which is walking distance to shopping, sights and transport. I also found the bed very comfortable and slept very well each night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Armagutz,
I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street. As you have mentioned our location is within a hop, skip and a jump to shopping, sites and transport, not to mention all the beautiful sites our city has to offer. After a long day exploring Sydney a comfortable bed is always a plus. Great to read that you slept well. Please be advised that your comments in regards to our front desk team and security officer have been passed on and they were appreciative of your kind words.
Thank you once again for your time and we hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The apartments were easy to find. I took a short metro ride to the Town Hall Station. I checked-in around 2PM and the room was not ready yet. They said they'd store my luggage and will call me once the room is available. That was probably the only complain I have because I did not get that call. I came back an hour and a half later after walking around the park and the shopping areas.

I booked a one bedroom apartment and was surprised how roomy and comfy the unit was. I was in the 37th floor and had a nice view of the city. The washer and dryer came in handy. It has a huge LCD TV with pretty decent channel selection. The kitchen was well equipped and I hoped I could have stayed ;longer as I wasn't able to utilize the kitchen much.

Overall, this place is well recommended especially to you folks planning on long stays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear borzman,
Thank you for taking your time in providing your experiences with fellow travellers.
I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and made use of our over-sized and well equipped apartments. Please accept my apologies that your apartment was not ready by 2pm. Please kindly note that as a result of your feedback I have personally spoken to my front desk team to ensure all guests are called where possible when waiting for their apartments.
Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the near future.
Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We arrived back from Hawaii and had to spend one night in Sydney so I had booked the Meriton apartments 3 bedroom suites so that we could have a nices sleep ready for the trip home -- We got to the apartment and tryed to give our 4 year old grandaughter a bath and have a cupper well that was not on the cards was it NO HOT WATER so we had to pack up everthing and move this has now taken 40min to do moved to new apartment Spa button jams had to wait for some one to come and fix it so whilist waiting I thought have a cupper wrong no suger no milk and limited tea so I went and brought so Earl grey tea to have my long awaited cup of tea this was after two trips to the front desk to get suger and milk and then it was only a cupple of packets of both for 4 adults and 1 child ??? what can you say the services was goodish the apartment was great so if you do stay here you will enjoy the view and if your lucky you may have hot water and suger and milk but all in all ti was not to bad I would proberly stay here again if the change there bond polcies as they will hold a very large amount for up to 10 days and there is nothing you can do about this as they stated !!!! I don't agree as we havw stayed at other places around Australia and other countries and they release the bond straight away so that is there lazy way of not doing the right thig by the customer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Allen M,
I would like to thank you for your time and feedback.
Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you reported during your stay. I must say it is very rare that an apartment is without hot water, I have been assured that this issue was isolated to one apartment only and it was swiftly rectified the following day. I can understand your frustration after a long haul flight and the urgency of getting a tired child to bed. Again, please accept my apologies.
I was disappointed to read your comments in regards to the lack of tea, milk and sugar. This comment has been passed onto our Housekeeping Manager to ensure this is corrected immediately to avoid re-occurrences as such.
Allen M I have noted that your reservation was made directly via our website, therefore confirmation regarding our bond policy would have been sent to you via email. Please note that a pre-authorisation or cash bond is required upon check in. The bank holds the pre-authorised amount for a period of seven to ten working days depending on the credit card issuer. Please note that a “Pre-Authorisation” is not a charge so you will not incur interest from the held funds it simply places a temporary freeze on your funds to cover for incidentals. Most large hotel chains have a similar procedure in place.
I would like to thank you for your feedback once again. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to grow and develop. Without such information it does not allow us to rectify issues and tighten procedures. I do hope to see you back one day and wish you and your family a safe and prosperous Christmas & New Year.

Cobble Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived late by train from Kiama to Central Station and after a short cab ride we arrived to find everything ready and enjoyed all the comforts of home especially the washer & dryer which we made immediate use of. They even supply the soap for the washer. The staff was very helpful and efficient. The room was very clean and extremely roomy with a separate bedroom. Very quiet and within walking distance to Circular Quay. We stayed two nights and the morning we were to leave we had arranged the shuttle to the airport but it didn't arrive so the hotel refunded the shuttle money and called and paid for a cab for us. Which was pretty great. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pitt Street M, Front Office Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Kilipi,

Five star review from a senior contributor – now that’s something to be proud of, thanks! Arriving to the hotel late and having a swift and easy check in definitely makes things easier after a long travel. I’m pleased to see that you made full use of the washer and dryer in the apartment, it’s just one of the many perks of staying in a Meriton Serviced Apartment!

I’m sorry to hear that there was a delay with the Airport shuttle, unfortunately due to heavy traffic in the city, the shuttle can sometimes get delayed however I’m pleased to see that the staff booked and paid for a taxi for you to avoid any further delays.

Thanks for the positive comments about the service you received, the staff at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street strive to provide the highest level of service possible and its fantastic to see that you were happy with the service provided.

Again, Thank you very much for your review, I hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street soon!

Kind Regards,
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street Management

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street? Share your experiences!