“Convenient and Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street

You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   329 Pitt Street | Corner Pitt and Bathurst Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #11 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Manila
“Convenient and Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The apartments were easy to find. I took a short metro ride to the Town Hall Station. I checked-in around 2PM and the room was not ready yet. They said they'd store my luggage and will call me once the room is available. That was probably the only complain I have because I did not get that call. I came back an hour and a half later after walking around the park and the shopping areas.

I booked a one bedroom apartment and was surprised how roomy and comfy the unit was. I was in the 37th floor and had a nice view of the city. The washer and dryer came in handy. It has a huge LCD TV with pretty decent channel selection. The kitchen was well equipped and I hoped I could have stayed ;longer as I wasn't able to utilize the kitchen much.

Overall, this place is well recommended especially to you folks planning on long stays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear borzman,
Thank you for taking your time in providing your experiences with fellow travellers.
I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and made use of our over-sized and well equipped apartments. Please accept my apologies that your apartment was not ready by 2pm. Please kindly note that as a result of your feedback I have personally spoken to my front desk team to ensure all guests are called where possible when waiting for their apartments.
Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the near future.
Kind Regards
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We arrived back from Hawaii and had to spend one night in Sydney so I had booked the Meriton apartments 3 bedroom suites so that we could have a nices sleep ready for the trip home -- We got to the apartment and tryed to give our 4 year old grandaughter a bath and have a cupper well that was not on the cards was it NO HOT WATER so we had to pack up everthing and move this has now taken 40min to do moved to new apartment Spa button jams had to wait for some one to come and fix it so whilist waiting I thought have a cupper wrong no suger no milk and limited tea so I went and brought so Earl grey tea to have my long awaited cup of tea this was after two trips to the front desk to get suger and milk and then it was only a cupple of packets of both for 4 adults and 1 child ??? what can you say the services was goodish the apartment was great so if you do stay here you will enjoy the view and if your lucky you may have hot water and suger and milk but all in all ti was not to bad I would proberly stay here again if the change there bond polcies as they will hold a very large amount for up to 10 days and there is nothing you can do about this as they stated !!!! I don't agree as we havw stayed at other places around Australia and other countries and they release the bond straight away so that is there lazy way of not doing the right thig by the customer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Allen M,
I would like to thank you for your time and feedback.
Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you reported during your stay. I must say it is very rare that an apartment is without hot water, I have been assured that this issue was isolated to one apartment only and it was swiftly rectified the following day. I can understand your frustration after a long haul flight and the urgency of getting a tired child to bed. Again, please accept my apologies.
I was disappointed to read your comments in regards to the lack of tea, milk and sugar. This comment has been passed onto our Housekeeping Manager to ensure this is corrected immediately to avoid re-occurrences as such.
Allen M I have noted that your reservation was made directly via our website, therefore confirmation regarding our bond policy would have been sent to you via email. Please note that a pre-authorisation or cash bond is required upon check in. The bank holds the pre-authorised amount for a period of seven to ten working days depending on the credit card issuer. Please note that a “Pre-Authorisation” is not a charge so you will not incur interest from the held funds it simply places a temporary freeze on your funds to cover for incidentals. Most large hotel chains have a similar procedure in place.
I would like to thank you for your feedback once again. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to grow and develop. Without such information it does not allow us to rectify issues and tighten procedures. I do hope to see you back one day and wish you and your family a safe and prosperous Christmas & New Year.

Kind Regards
Cobble Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived late by train from Kiama to Central Station and after a short cab ride we arrived to find everything ready and enjoyed all the comforts of home especially the washer & dryer which we made immediate use of. They even supply the soap for the washer. The staff was very helpful and efficient. The room was very clean and extremely roomy with a separate bedroom. Very quiet and within walking distance to Circular Quay. We stayed two nights and the morning we were to leave we had arranged the shuttle to the airport but it didn't arrive so the hotel refunded the shuttle money and called and paid for a cab for us. Which was pretty great. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pitt Street M, Front Office Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Kilipi,

Five star review from a senior contributor – now that’s something to be proud of, thanks! Arriving to the hotel late and having a swift and easy check in definitely makes things easier after a long travel. I’m pleased to see that you made full use of the washer and dryer in the apartment, it’s just one of the many perks of staying in a Meriton Serviced Apartment!

I’m sorry to hear that there was a delay with the Airport shuttle, unfortunately due to heavy traffic in the city, the shuttle can sometimes get delayed however I’m pleased to see that the staff booked and paid for a taxi for you to avoid any further delays.

Thanks for the positive comments about the service you received, the staff at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street strive to provide the highest level of service possible and its fantastic to see that you were happy with the service provided.

Again, Thank you very much for your review, I hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street soon!

Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great location, great apartment, very spacious, great view, lifts very fast (we were on the 49th floor), only complaint is the amount of traffic noise and sirens heard during the night, we heard them clearly even though we were on the top floor, and even though I am a heavy sleeper they woke me up. Otherwise it was a great stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Staceyswan83,

Thank you for great feedback about your recent stay at Meriton serviced Apartments Pitt Street. Great location, over sized apartments and great views definitely make us stand out amongst our competitors in Sydney. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and you were pleased with the modern, spacious serviced apartment. In regards to your comment about traffic noise, unfortunately as we are located right at the heart of CBD and nestled among other tall buildings, some noise still can be heard from the apartments. I apologize if this affected your sleep.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Sydney!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived early and we were able to check in early. The staff was very friendly. We checked in to a 2 bedroom sky view apartment, 48F. Great view from our balcony - very happy to see from the room. The location itself is situated near a monorail station and Town Hall railway station which was very easy for us to get around the city.

The spa was dirty, the pool wasn't heated. The king size bed was actually 2 singles zipped together which resulted in an uncomfortable seam. - other than that, cannot complain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear SherryWHO,

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay! The staff at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street are very passionate about delivering exceptional service to guests and it’s great to read that you were happy with the service provided! I’m pleased to read that we were able to check you in early to the apartments; it definitely makes the day a lot easier, especially after traveling a long distance! As you noted we are located in a very central area of Sydney city which makes it very easy to access public transport like the monorail, trains and buses.

Our standard temperature for the swimming pool is 27 degrees, we have found that this is the best intermediate temperature for both types of swimmers, those that wish to do laps and those that use the pool for entertaining purposes. Since receiving recent feedback about the pool being too cold, we have had specialized technicians out to conduct tests on the temperature of the pool and we have discovered that there was a problem with the pool heater. We are now getting this rectified and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please accept my apologies if you found the bed uncomfortable however due to high customer demands and due to this being the most common bedding configuration, all of Meriton Serviced Apartments with the exception of studios use single beds together to make a king bed. I'm glad to see that this didn’t have a negative impact on your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt St on your next return to Sydney!

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the Meriton on Pitt Street. Very modern, spacious apartment. Close to a lot of shopping, restaurants. Easy to get to all the sites in Sydney. Good view of Darling Harbor from our balcony. Nice to have a washer and dryer right in the apartment. Used the pool which is very nice but pretty cool water. Overall a very good place to stay in Sydney.

Room Tip: If possible get a higher floor to lessen the street noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pitt Street M, Front Office Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear travelinggirl90,

Beautiful apartments and great location – Thanks! I’m delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were able to experience our modern, spacious apartments. Its certainly convenient staying at Meriton Serviced apartments Pitt Street as we have the perfect central city location! Our indoor 20 meter swimming pool and spa are checked daily to ensure they are always at the standard temperature of 27 degrees. We have found this is the best intermediate temperature for both types of swimmers, those that can do laps as well as those who use the pool for entertaining purposes.

Travelinggirl90 thank you for providing us and other travelers with your great feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street on your next return to Sydney!

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Great location, great suite and dry roomy. 3 BR on level 41...awesome views and central location...parking under apartments and no requirement to have car parked elsewhere...parking $35 per night....only downside was the noise from the CBD traffic

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear 4017spiro,

Thanks for your great review! I'm thrilled to read that you had a fantastic stay with us! As you noted, Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street offers over sized apartments in a convenient, central city location. Car parking prices in the city can be extremely high however Meriton Serviced Apartments offers competitive, if not lower parking rates compared to other hotels in the city. In relation to your comments about the CBD noise, unfortunately as we are located in the heart of the city, at times some outside noise can be herd from the apartments. I'm glad to see that this didn't affect you and you still had a "fantastic" stay with us!

Again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street on your next return to Sydney!

Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street Management

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street? Share your experiences!