“Great stay in Sydney with the family in a serviced apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower

You added Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 Liverpool Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Algarve
“Great stay in Sydney with the family in a serviced apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Meriton World Tower was really a great place to stay with a large family. We stayed last Christmas time for around 12 nights. We were in two 2-bedroom apartments with 4 adults adn 4 children - and it was perfect. The apartments were modern, well-equipped and clean.

Like everything else in Sydney, it was quite expensive to stay in, probably also because it was a peak time but all well-worth it.

Bathrooms were good - and well-cleaned everyday.

Housekeeping was efficient and good but erratic a couple of times with cleaning the kitchen.

The views were simply amazing as the apartments start only from floor 50 or something similar... hence the chances of getting an apartment with a good view is always guaranteed!

The location was superb - right at the heart with easy access to everything in central Sydney. The supermarket was in the underground shopping centre just below - be prepared to walk a little with your shopping as the access is not direct to the underground shopping mall with the lift.

Concierge services were not that great.

Reception was efficient enough for such a stay.

Kitchens are well equipped - and there is salt, pepper, sugar, dishwasher tablets provided.

Washer and dryer in a separate area and worked fine. Washing detergent left in little packets everyday.

No restaurants attached but there are simply so many restaurants including Western, Japanese, Korean, Chinese all within minutes. There is a row of foodcourt type restaurants including Indian and Malaysian food.... Takeaway is very easy to do. Chinatown is fairly closeby.

The pool area was the only area I would complain about. There is a pool and a hot-tub plus a sauna room - but none of it was great. The area lacks atmosphere and was not being kept very clean.

Despite the last comment, I would definitely go back as everything else outweighed any negatives.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MSAWorldTower, Senior Manager on Duty at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear crath2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Serviced Apartment and for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel’s vibrant surroundings and indulged in the Meriton experience.

Meriton World Tower does boast an enviable location situated in the heart of Sydney CBD.

The standard of housekeeping you experienced is of concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our housekeeping standards – we invest a lot of time in training and hiring to ensure we have the most capable team.

Nevertheless I have addressed your concerns with our House Keeping department and will follow up personally to understand what we can do better as a property.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that concierge service was not up to your expectations.

We are sorry to hear that our Leisure facilities in particular the pool was not up the standards that you expect from Meriton Serviced Apartments crath2013 and I do apologies for any inconvenienced caused.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Senior Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

MUST ask for a room with a view, or you are really missing out! We stayed on the 68th floor, 2 adults with 2 teenagers in a 2 bedroom apartment which was enormous compared to most central city apartments. Fittings are reasonably modern, well equipped and very comfortable, especially the beds. As an early riser, I would sit at the table overlooking Darling Harbour and watch the traffic snake into the city, an incredible view! Location above Coles and many takeaway establishments very convenient, easy access to transport, easy walking distance to Darling Harbour and many other attractions. Slight annoyance that housekeeping charged a fee to split the king size bed in two for the kids, but maybe we should have paid a little more attention when booking. This is a great choice for a city break in Sydney!

Room Tip: As high as possible, with clear view of Darling Harbour. Not sure whether other rooms can see Sydne...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MSAWorldTower, Senior Manager on Duty at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear StevosAbroad,

I firstly wish to thank you for your valuable time in reviewing your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had generally enjoyed your stay with Meriton World Tower.

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have gone out of their way to accommodate you and your family.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing and serving you in the near future.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is not a luxury hotel, and my 5* rating has been given with this in mind. However, the two bed apartment we stayed in was well equipped, stylishly furnished and spotlessly clean. The apartment was serviced daily.

We had stayed at the Shangri-la a week or so previously, and I was secretly wishing we had re-booked there, but it was much more expensive. Once I had seen the apartment, I was more than happy that I hadn't changed our booking.

We paid a little over £500 for three nights, which I thought was good value for money in Sydney.

We were given a super apartment with views across Darling Harbour. The gym and swimming pool were good and the reception staff were very helpful. The only downside was the fact that the lifts were very busy.

Although I preferred staying closer to Circular Quay, I would happily stay in these apartments again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MSAWorldTower, Senior Manager on Duty at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear fairjay

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your time and providing us with your fantastic and highly encouraging feedback on your recent stay at the Meriton World Tower.

I have appreciated reading your comments about a few minor factors raised in your feedback and wish to inform you that we always welcome comments from all our guests in order to further improve our services and facilities.

It is always encouraging to read reviews such as yours and be able to pass the feedback onto our staff and shows us that we are on the right track when it comes to ensuring a memorable stay is enjoyed by all our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Such a beautiful view when we walked in, but hit with a feeling of being in the sauna!, the apartment curtains were all open and "too sunny", fortunately, the air conditioned works quickly, 10 minutes in, we all feel really comfortable. Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 76 floor with my 3 months old and 3 year old. We were keen on this place as it has so many good reviews. I shall give my feedback based on my experience with my young family.

The 2 rooms were set up perfectly for us, with a cot in our room. We had to pay $35 for the cot, which I will never do ever again. A bit annoyed given we already paid so much for the apartment, I dont think $35 is necessary charge. On top of it, I didnt like the cot, I will bring my own portacot in future.

The living space was so spacious and comfortable, my 3 year old enjoy counting the planes taking off from the sydney airport. The kitchen was setup nicely and safe for the kids as well. My feedback will be, ("a nice to have")- some mini sachets for salt n pepper and bottle of oil would be much appreciated. It's such a waste to stay for such a short period and having to throw all the food / condiments away. I am surprised it doesnt include a recycle bin, given Meriton encourage customers to save energy with the air con/heating and green with the towel wash. Please Meriton, I think you can afford to put a $2 bin in each apartment. The laundry uses some laundry liquid that looks a bit weird, but I think that's personal preference, we bought new laundry powder.

The ONLY thing I dont like is the air condition/ heating, which is powered on for 4 hours and will automatically shut off. It's super inconvenient in the middle of the night. But, it's the standard "energy saving" scheme for Meriton World Tower. Luckily, I still have to get up to feed my daughter, so, I can turn it on again.

During our stay for 4 days 3 nights, the first night, we can hear people talking and giggling loudly, presumely, from above our floor. We asked the front desk and they said it's the FIRST time they ever heard of such a thing. On the second day, they were doing some renovations in the floor above us, the maintainance guy came into the apartment to change the dvd player unit to a newer one, touchless, without remote control. we were a bit puzzle because it means we had to keep going to the new dvd player to choose a new episode each time (not sure how that's better). When I asked if the knocking noise is some serious reno going upstairs, the guy said it's probably some kid playing with the toys. I was like, I dont think "the kids" will use hammer or drill. We called to ask the front desk again, as I said I wanted to move to another apt if this continues, after several calls, and assuring me that they've stopped, but it continued on till about 3-4pm. The last night, of course, a new "family" must have moved in, constant noise/ footsteps/ banging till about midnight.

Having said all that, I think it wasnt as pleasant but they are all minor stuff and we will definitely give it another go, the location was so good, close to Chinatown, Coles, close to the park.
Oh, we stayed in the 76th floor corner room, but I wouldnt stay so high up again, the view are sooo beautiful, but if you have to constantly deal with the ears popping with the 3 months old, I'd rather go for the lower floors. :)

Dear JJ_Price2013

Thank you for sharing your great and informative review of your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spacious apartments and the service from our friendly team along with the spectacular views our centrally located Apartments provide. Our apartments begin from Level 62 all the way up to level 77 ensuring all our guests have the opportunity to see the hustle and bustle of Sydney in the comfort of their rooms.

I would like to apologize for any discomfort you may have had with the Air-conditioning, as you noted they are on a 4 hour timer and this is in place to reduce carbon emissions into the environment.

As an accommodation provider we do have a strict “No Noise and Party” policy which is strictly enforced by our team and any maintenance that is carried out in the property is done so during business hours to minimize any disturbance to our guests.

JJ_Price2031 Thank you once again for your review and the team and I at MSA World Tower look forward to extending you a warm welcome for your next stay.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed on 72nd floor, 3 bedroom apartment, 1 family of 3 adult women 2 teenage girls. Apartment suited us perfectly. Views outstanding, beds very comfortable not hard like most hotels, service very good. Only thing I would state is read instructions on how to get down to parking as we did not read properly and we got confused. Our fault instructions are clear enough but just warning you. Highly recommend and we would go back. Kerri T fm Canberra.

Room Tip: We had views looking over Sydney Cricket Ground/Airport which were great next time we would pay the...

Dear Kerri T

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Meriton World Tower. I am very pleased to read that you were happy with the level of customer service and facilities that our hotel has provided, I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable and you would highly consider us for your next stay at Meriton World Tower.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton World Tower in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful views, friendly service and excellent location all rolled in to one. This is my second visit and I was not disappointed. Fabulous place to stay and I will visit again. It is pricey but a 3 bedroom apartment becomes quite affordable sharing with friends. Well worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MSAWorldTower, Senior Manager on Duty at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear LeanneMoulds

Thank you for sharing your fantastic review of your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious apartments as well as the spectacular views that our floor to ceiling windows provide.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to MSA World Tower next time your in Sydney.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Only a short business trip and we (3 parties) stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 63rd floor. Spectacular views, very clean, good amenities and a very spacious living room. Far better than a hotel room. Great restaurants/pubs nearby and we would definitely go back again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steve W

Thank you for sharing your great review of your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and recommend our property on Trip Advisor. As you noted the World Tower is centrally located in the city with some great restaurants located right at your door step as well as a Coles Supermarket which is located below the tower in the World Square shopping centre.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to MSA World Tower for your next stay.

Senior Manager on Duty

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower? Share your experiences!