This is the hardest review I have ever had to write. One one hand my stay at Meriton World Tower was without a doubt the worst experience I have had when paying for accommodation - on the other hand the Meriton management team went the extra mile to try and rectify my lasting impression of their service. I applaud them for their compassion as well.
Many things went wrong for me but the shocker was getting out of the shower at 7:30am one day and find housekeeping stripping the bed! my door was locked, do not disturb sign on and I am assured housekeeping had to go away and get a key to unlock the door. My stuff was clearly everywhere and the shower was running yet they insisted I had checked out - I was clearly still there and was staying a further 2 nights (see advice below).
The reception staff were terrible and rude when this and other things like my keycards not working happened. However, the hotel and Meriton management have since apologied for reception and housekeeping and been polite and understanding and refunded that nights accommodation. I am confident they will work to improve as a result.
Facility wise - very large apartments, amazing view, good kitchen facilities, pool and spa (a lot of chlorine in the pool) with an amazing view, well located with restaurants, mall, supermarket etc underneath. Very reasonably priced parking and free wifi included in apartment rates.
6205 was my 2 bedroom apartment, comfy master bed and good ensuite but the 2nd bathroom smells really bad.
Advice - my issues seemed to all stem from making a group booking (I was paying for 10 separate apartments for my staff that week) and adding an extra night for me to that group booking. Don't do this. Their systems can't cope with anything unusual.
Remember it's not a hotel when random stuff happens like your rubbish bin left in the middle of the room or a toilet roll left on the side of the sink, or your key card stops working, or there is no remote for your TV. The level of service wouldn't be acceptable in a hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower Hotel
- Meriton World Hotel
- World Tower Sydney
- Meriton World Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower offers exceptional high-rise accommodation in Sydney’s tallest residential building. With 115 oversized apartments designed for living in two and three bedroom configurations this property positions you right in the heart of the city. Towering over the city all apartments start from the 61st floor and have sweeping panoramic views guaranteed to impress from the floor to ceiling windows. Below the building is the World Square Shopping Centre with a Coles Supermarket, Liquorland, Gloria Jeans, JB HI-FI, Priceline, Nandos and many other specialty and fashion stores, food outlets and ATMs. An energectic walk leads you to Darling Harbour and The Star casino. Or you can walk to Town Hall Station, Chinatown, Haymarket, Hyde Park, Pitt Street Mall, Capitol Theatre and Queen Victoria Building (QVB). All multi-million dollar apartments have a full sized European kitchen and a separate laundry, which includes clothes washer, dryer, iron and ironing board. Apartments are fully air-conditioned for your comfort. All apartments were re-furbished during November 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Meriton, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.