I booked World Tower with some trepidation from the reviews I'd read. I know Sydney well and would normally stay elsewhere however I had friends & family staying with us so we needed an apartment centrally located. The apartment itself is stunning with fantastic views. We opted for the view over the eastern suburbs which was wonderful. Service was great, elevators were fine - none of us had any issues with them which I'd expected due to the previous comments.
The only negative I would say is the maintenance on the room needs improvement. There was a toilet that would constantly run and they came to fix it, couldn't so just left it as it was. It wasn't that big of a deal but there was no offer to move rooms. Also, the walls are quite thin - there was a hens party on one night so we got woken up at 4am in the morning by some party goers. Again, not a big deal as it only happened one night during our 8 night stay. All in all, I can definitely recommend World Tower. It is slightly overpriced but I think the view and the apartment is worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower Hotel
- Meriton World Hotel
- World Tower Sydney
- Meriton World Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower offers exceptional high-rise accommodation in a famous landmark Sydney skyscraper. Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower offers exceptional high-rise accommodation in Sydney’s tallest residential building. With 115 oversized apartments designed for living in two and three bedroom configurations this property positions you right in the heart of the city. Towering over the city all apartments start from the 62nd floor and have sweeping panoramic views guaranteed to impress from the floor to ceiling windows. Below the building is the World Square Shopping Centre with a Coles Supermarket, Liquorland, Gloria Jeans, JB HI-FI, Priceline, Nandos and many other specialty and fashion stores, food outlets and ATMs. Also on site is the World Square Monorail Station that will take you to Darling Harbour and Star City Casino. Or you can walk to Town Hall Station, Chinatown, Haymarket, Hyde Park, Pitt Street Mall, Capitol Theatre and Queen Victoria Building (QVB). All multi-million dollar apartments have a full sized European kitchen and a separate laundry, which includes clothes washer, dryer, iron and ironing board. Apartments are fully air-conditioned for your comfort. All apartments were re-furbished during November 2010 - with all new furniture and now boast a 50 inch plasma Samsung TV in the living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Stentorian NV, Meriton and HotelsClick so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.