I stayed here in a two bedroom two bathroom apartment in Nov 2012 with 3 friends.
Everything went smothly with the booking. We requested two car parks - no problem, we requested both bedrooms had two single beds in them - no problem. The check-in staff were very nice and helpful when needed.
Our room was amazing. On the 64th floor and a corner apartment. Amazing views and huge room. We were very very happy with this room. We were spending a couple of days in Sydney and actually ended up spending a lot of time hanging out in our room as it was so comfortable. It never felt crowded with 4 adults.
The pool was on the 61st floor. This was also very nice.
My only problems with this hotel were a couple of minor things.
When the cleaners serviced the apartment, they didn't replenish all the towels and shampoos/soaps. They took all the towels, but didn't replace them. This was annoying because we wanted to use the pool, so the spare towels we had on the first day were much needed. Also much needed was the extra soap etc. Sharing soap with friends isn't really cool.
Also, one of the bathrooms was leaking into the carpet just outside the door of the bathroom. What started out as a small wet mark, over the couple of days ended up a massive puddle. The cleaners didn't report this. Neither did we because we figured the only solution would be to move us to a different room and we didn't want to do that. So we just jumped the puddle each time we used the bathroom.
Also, the door to the bedroom i was sleeping it, locked you in from the inside. Luckily when i found this out, all of the people i was staying with were in the apartment and could release me!
When we checked out I told the front desk person looking after us about the puddle and the door. Another woman working the front desk overheard and butted in rudely. Barking at me about whether or not I had informed house keeping. I said 'No, I'm telling you now.' I can't exactly remember what she said in reponse but she was very rude. I was quite shocked and it wasn't a very nice way to end our otherwise awesome stay.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower Hotel
- Meriton World Hotel
- World Tower Sydney
- Meriton World Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower offers exceptional high-rise accommodation in Sydney’s tallest residential building. With 115 oversized apartments designed for living in two and three bedroom configurations this property positions you right in the heart of the city. Towering over the city all apartments start from the 61st floor and have sweeping panoramic views guaranteed to impress from the floor to ceiling windows. Below the building is the World Square Shopping Centre with a Coles Supermarket, Liquorland, Gloria Jeans, JB HI-FI, Priceline, Nandos and many other specialty and fashion stores, food outlets and ATMs. An energectic walk leads you to Darling Harbour and The Star casino. Or you can walk to Town Hall Station, Chinatown, Haymarket, Hyde Park, Pitt Street Mall, Capitol Theatre and Queen Victoria Building (QVB). All multi-million dollar apartments have a full sized European kitchen and a separate laundry, which includes clothes washer, dryer, iron and ironing board. Apartments are fully air-conditioned for your comfort. All apartments were re-furbished during November 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Meriton, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments World Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.