“Good Food, Not so Welcoming Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 5,105 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Gainesville, Georgia
“Good Food, Not so Welcoming Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I ate here twice in two days. The first time the burgers looked so good (I was not so hungry and did not order my own) and the seasoned fries were excellent. The place was very crowded on a Sunday afternoon but the wait was not long and the beer was cold! The next day we went back so I could have a burger of my own. We arrived promptly at 11:30 in the poring rain with a one year old strapped to my front. The door was still locked but a man opened it from the inside to say they were closed. I asked what time they opened and as the door slid closed on us - still standing in the pouring rain- he answered 11:30 and I asked what time it was. He slowly glanced at his watch, pronounced it 11:30, and grudgingly let us in. After ordering drinks, we inquired about food. They do not take food orders til noon...tho website lists hours as 11:30 a.m. Til 11 p.m. We did wait around and had good burgers! The sweet potato fries were OK... A little underdone but not at all greasy. The $10 price on the burgers is good- they are not huge but just the right size for my appetite. The location is beautiful... Right on the wharf looking out at the ocean and ferries as they arrive in Manly.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cessnock, Australia
“Best Cheeseburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Came here with friends last weekend for a late lunch. The place has a great vibe and really nails it with the decor. Great selection of burgers and drinks. I opted for the cheeseburger and salted caramel milkshake. Both were absolutely amazing! My only critque would be the cleanliness of the cutlery cannisters on the tables - possibly a better way to do this? Aside from that - I'll be back on my next trip to Sydney for sure!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“These burgers are amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stumbled upon this place situated near our hotel and thankful that we did. With an amazing atmosphere and pumping music our Chur Burger experience was awesome. The burgers are out of this world and a must.

Visited July 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Sydney's burger gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I don't know where to start....Churr burger is the full package for a small burger bar, before I ate here I heard many great reviews so obviously had high hopes for the place, and Churr burger delivered! Decently priced good value for money. The sweet potato fries where great. Went for the original burger which is one of the best burgers I've ever had. Sydney's hipster burger bar is a must, will 100% return!

Visited May 2014
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Went to Albion street store- visiting from Melbourne. Was a quite busy Friday but we were seated straight away. Ordered the pulled pork and the lamb burger OMG. Pulled pork perfect. Not too dry with a good mix of flavours. I was sceptical about the lamb as it says on their website that they cook their patties medium rare by default, however once tasting it I can't believe I have never had a medium rare burger before. So much more tender and juicy. The other fillings on the burgers were great too. When we left there were crowds out the door but we found the service to be super quick considering how busy it was. Would be back every week if I lived in Sydney!!