“Quality stuff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 Ice Cream in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Famous for all natural ingredients, freshness, purity and intense flavours, RivaReno contains no hydrogenated fat, preservatives, colours or flavours. Gelato is made in small batches several times a day to ensure ultra-freshness in the in-store lab. Gelato is stored in traditional Italian pozzetti (cylindrical containers) deep inside the counter, avoiding exposure to air for better conservation.
“Quality stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I'm glad there is now some quality authentic gelato in town. I first came in with my wife and kids, and whilst I had seen something similar in Italy, my kids were a but confused. But the friendly girl serving us let them try the gelato, and they loved it too. I used to eat gelato 2-3 times a day when I was traveling, and I can say this is really good. It's so creamy and soft. I had been going to Messina until this opened, and whilst Messina is ok, this isn't so sweet. You can really taste the intense flavours, not just sugar. Definitely give it a try. AND don't be shy to ask for tasters- they are happy to let you try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It's just gelato , not bad , not exceptional, but coming from someone who loves gelato I would eat everyday no probs .

But I feel obliged to write a review because of the first few obviously biased and mention they were better to Messina . I urged you try both but since they were making comparisons I will provide mine. It's reasonable gelato but no where as good as Messina , which is fine , I have had gelato all over Australia , and not many places compare .

Also I don't believe there milk is from high altitude , as I order the Shake and clearly sighted the attendant using reverina milk , it's australian milk , no problem , but just don't like stories about special milk in the Italian apps.

The service was ok , some Italian backpacker was there had a cute accent. Overall it was ok

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Much better in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having tried lots of gelato/ice cream throughout every city in different parts of the world we have visited i had high hopes for here. Upon arriving it was quiet with only 1 girl working and no customers at all. This had me thinking it may not be as good as reviews here suggest.
Tried a few flavours with Bacio prob my favourite. In saying this it was nothing amazing. Sorry but just cant see how here rates so highly.
Shame as i did really want to like it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This Gelato is to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am crazy about gelato, and finally a friend told me about Rivareno. Never had I had such incredible gelato. The texture is so smooth and velvety, each flavour tastes exactly how it should (because they use real ingredients, no fake flavourings or colours or gimmicks).
Definitely worth a try, but warning: it is impossible to stop at one scoop!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“This is the best you will ever try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My friend had been talking about this place for ages so I tried it for the first time last week! Now I understand why she's been going on about it! The ricotta and fig flavour which i think is this month's special was amazing. I also tried two other flavours - the New York-New York which has pecans in it and Baci, which tastes like Nutella only better. I am now totally converted and can never go back to Messina. Sorry Messina.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere