“My new favourite Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1888 Hotel

You added 1888 Hotel to your Saves list
1888 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 Murray Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Townsville, Australia
“My new favourite Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

1888 exceeded my expectations on every level. The attention to detail in everything from the archticture, amenities and art work right down to the boutique drinks menu gave the impression that a lot of thought and personality had gone into the decision making. I'll be back again for sure!

• Stayed October 2013
Hotel1888, General Manager at 1888 Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear eat_drinkMI,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at 1888 Hotel.

We are delighted to read you love our design and deco. The renovation is a labour of love and we were passionate about keeping all the original features and making sure that our service, our amenities and our menu were a true reflection of the essence of 1888.

The team and I can't wait to welcome you again soon.

The 1888 Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Highly recommended as a quality accommodation option in the Darling Harbour area. Friendly and competent staff were always willing to assist. The free WiFi is definitely an added bonus! The brunch was of an exceptionally high standard, and included a variety of cold and hot options.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel1888, General Manager at 1888 Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Ken B,

Thank you for sharing your experience at 1888 Hotel with us.

We are working on introducing more menu options in our fantastic Eatery&Bar and we can't wait to welcome you again soon to show you all the new additions.

Have you booked your next stay yet?

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

A special weekend with the family to climb the bridge. The staff were amazing, the rooms were beautiful. Complimentary toiletries were gorgeous. A world class hotel at a great price. We had 2 rooms one for 2 teenage boys, and they were happy to split beds into singles. Very comfy beds as a king, no telltale middle join.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nina J,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at 1888 Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your experience with us and we hope you had fun on the bridge climb.

The team and I can't wait to welcome you again soon.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We needed a hotel close to Darling Harbour because we were invited to a wedding on a boat leaving from there. One of the family said they were staying at the 1888 so we just booked without checking. All I would say is it was a good decision as we stay in a lot of hotels and this ranks right up there as the best for location, service, fantastic staff, cleanliness and atmosphere. The rooms arent huge but they are ok and the beds are probably the most comfortable ive experienced in all my years of travel. I would almost categorise this hotel as boutique but can only say it is now our hotel of choice and so handy to any part of central sydney - good on the 1888 team.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for sharing your experience at 1888 Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and it is flattering to read the title of your review: "Best of the best".

We are happy we had the chance to look after you and can't wait to welcome you again soon.
We are so lucky to have some of the most comfortable beds in the world and the best team in town!

Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here after a long business trip for a break and to take some time to look around Sydney with my girlfriend who was over from the UK. So I wanted a hotel that had many great reviews and looked interesting.

1888 was simply fantastic, the room that I stayed in was a loft room with the bed up on a mezzanine which gave a nice seating area with desk and sofa on the lower level.

Finish and decor in the room, and indeed the hotel was fantastic. I have stayed in many hotels this year for business and none have come close to how cool this place actually is!

Now, the real winner for me was THE BED! It was quite simply the best bed I have slept in for as long as I can remember, its actually dangerous because you won't want to get out in the morning, which may lead to you missing out on the sights and sounds of Sydney!

I actually done some research and I will be purchasing the mattress topper and pillows used in this hotel for my own bed!

Breakfast was lovely, with excellent coffee and juices, and the poached egg on toast was amazing!

Staff were helpful, friendly, dressed fantastically and really make this place as good as it can be, thanks again guys!!

I will return!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a loft room which was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for the amazing review of you recent stay at 1888 Hotel.

We are over the moon to read that you have truly enjoyed your experience with us.
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the gorgeous décor, the super comfortable bed, the lovely breakfast and the service.

We are investing in the right team, the right fittings and the right food and our desire is to deliver an excellent experience to all our guests.

The team and I can't wait to welcome you again soon!

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Every time I entered the hotel, no matter what time, I was greeted by friendly staff willing to go to any length to improve my stay.

The breakfast there was just outstanding, I would have happily eaten there every meal of the day if possible. The mini bar in the room was full of organic healthier options that I have never seen in a hotel. Absolutely awesome and guilt free.

My room was called a 'Shoebox', but it barely felt like that. It was clean and cleverly laid out, with plenty of room for my baggage. The bed and pillows were impressively comfortable, I had amazing sleeps there after long days at a convention.

Plus the complimentary wi-fi was a bonus.

I had a blast and will definitely be back. Thank you 1888!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hotel1888, General Manager at 1888 Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Kate K,

Thank you for sharing your experience and write a wonderful review of your stay at 1888 Hotel.

The team and I are delighted to read that you loved your experience with us.
We love our locally sourced food and our organic mini bar product.

We are so happy to know that you had a blast and can't wait to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a true gem of a hotel. Incredible service on all fronts, fantastic accommodation, stunning decor. From start to finish I felt better catered for and serviced than in many of the top luxury chains (Morgans Group etc). Thanks to Michael and all who helped fish my keys out of the elevator shaft - you are legends! Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear RichKeen,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at 1888 Hotel.

We are so excited to read that you felt well looked after: that's why we are here!
The team and I can't wait to welcome you again soon. Have you booked your next trip yet?

The 1888 Hotel Team

Been to 1888 Hotel? Share your experiences!