“Great noodles” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Australia
“Great noodles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great noodles - super-tasty broth and lots of noodles. We more regularly visit (what I think is) their sister restaurant on George St (next to the 85* cake shop) due to proximity but Menya Noodle Bar is superior for their broth and quantity of noodles.

Visited December 2013

“Whenever I get the chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I've tried many ramen restaurants in Sydney and this one is by far the best. Give me an opportunity, and I'll head to Quay Street at pace to enjoy the full flavoured, garlicky/porky flavours of my favourite soup. The only comparable ramen I've had is in Japan. A small restaurant in Kanazawa comes to mind or the late nighter in Nozowa Onsen.

Visited January 2014
Pasig City
“Ramen time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Menya has added branches to their list, but we still love the one at Quay St. Haymarket, near Chinatown...the other branches' are just not quite the same...

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Staff was a bit rude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The noodle bar was getting ready for the lunch time crowd. I was there slightly earlier and waiting for a friend. Thought I could sit down at one of the tables to look at the menu but was told off by the staff - can't do that, you need to queue. Yes, I said. I will queue but am waiting for a friend. She was really determined to push me off the chair - if she could.

It left a real bad taste but this was balanced off by my Dragon Jya Jya men which was good and so, it took away some of the bad taste.

Good place for noodles but hope they won't get this get into their heads and push the customers out with their rudeness!

Visited April 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“want RAMEN now this is where to head for as well as other yummy Tokyo food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love Japanese food and Japanese style restaurants that just deliver the food without fuss
fresh ready made and well priced.
MENYA is the place you must try I have had my monday night Ramen gyoza and sapporo at least 20 times.
its time they were appreciated easy to order just like being in a tokyo good noodle bar the staff are excellent the food is hearty tasty fresh and you dont haVE TO WAIT a long time
the owner is there cooking often
between 6 to 8 pm most nights the kirin saporro is happy hour price at $5 WOW
it is not visible from market street it it right on ground floor at the back of thr BT building i think it is still called that it is no in the building though a nice groovy place to eat with friens

• Visited March 2013