“No ice cream” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries
Sydney, Australia
“No ice cream”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I don't understand how any cake store in sydney can serve a cake without offering ice cream or cream on the side. It's a crime against humanity

“Tiramisu?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Paid $15 for a conservative slice of what they called Tiramisu, however there was no espresso nor ladyfinger biscuit to be found. It was a $15 mound of cream and some chocolate dusting. Shall not be returning.

Sydney, Australia
“nothing like it around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My friend introduced me to this place about a year ago, since then they have opened up in Surry Hills and Crows Nest. I love the idea that you can choose the size of slice you want, big or small. Last time I went I got 5 different small slices of cake, and all were very tasty. The staff are very friendly and because there are so many different variety of cake they put up some samples if you are feeling a bit indecisive. I have been to all 3 stores and they provide the same level of friendly service and consistency with their cakes. Nice place, will continue to come back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Kurtosh Surry Hills - Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place is unbelievable. On busy crown street, it isn't an obvious place to go. However once you step inside it is calm and tranquil and smells amazing! The old wooden floor and little tables and chairs make it a lovely place to relax, and the little teapots you get are so sweet! The teas there are delicious and then there are the cakes!!! We have been a number of times and always find it hard to choose as there are so many on offer. I can definitely recommend the Tiramisu and teh Strawberry Sponge Cake - both of which are now firm favourites. We've also tried the chocolate orange cake, the raspberry cheesecake and the oreo cheesecake and all are equally as yummy! Definitely a place to keep going back to!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tampa, FL
“Kurtosh Randwick! YUMMMMM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

So one day I woke up bleary eyed from night duty, and my boyfriend magically presented a box of 10 miniature slices of delicious! I don't think the people behind the bakery counter typically get a request for "10 of your favorite samples in bite size portions", but she was happy to oblige and we were so happy with the variety of delicious cakes in this box! The pastries are sliced and served and you pay by the weight of each one. After trying ten of them, the tiramisu, the passion fruit and the raspberry cream one were my favorites, but really we ate them all and relished every tasty different bite. My boyfriend has a Hungarian mother, but she didn't bake anything so we can't comment on the accuracy of the pastries related to what you might find in Hungary. However, you cannot go wrong with any of their selections and you too should try as many tasty bites as you can. As for the coffee, I can't comment as we only had dessert and in a take away box at that. ENJOY!

• Visited December 2012