“Spot On” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
San Diego, California
“Spot On”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have gone to this restaurant at least half a dozen times. Why do I keep going back? Because the food is terrific - fresh and creative - and the prices are reasonable. And the location? Well, what can I say - it's opposite the good old Clovelly Pub and a short walk from the beach. This restaurant is well worth a visit - just give the hot chips a miss - I don't know why they can't get the chips right - they're always sort of soggy. But I forgive them - everything else is great, the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, the outdoor seating is fun, and the service is always with a smile!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“A little out of the way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Deviate is a hidden gem. Just opposite the entrance to the Clovelly Hotel right down the bottom of the Clovelly Road. Really friendly service, the best Soy Latte I have had in a long time, and absolutely gorgeous and beautifully presented food. Parking can be an issue, but it is a lovely area so a bit of a park and walk is no problem. We have always been lucky though. I want to support this little gem because it is restaurants like this that I want to stay open. I would definitely take friends there for a night out also as I would be proud to suggest such a "find".

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had just done a really long walk and was pretty hungry and needed wifi as I had no idea where I was.
Then I came across this lovely restaurant where I had a delicious salmon sandwich and a beer. Wifi came too so hence I was able to make this review. if we were staying locally to here I would love to try their breakfast.

Visited July 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth Deviating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

What a great eating experience. Beautifully tucked away it provides great coffee and food at a standard that stands out above the rest in the area. I've enjoyed many delicious breakfasts there and am quite a fan! Friendly and helpful staff and a great environment, what else could you ask for?!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice atmosphere, ordinary dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a romantic dinner here and the atmosphere and presentation of the restaurant was very nice. However the food was pretty ordinary. Everything lacked flavour other than the deserts which are clearly the chef's strong suite. It was a shame. I am sure breakfast is probably better, but yet to try.