“Hidden gem. Great food ambience and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Bar, Brasserie, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Sydney, Australia
“Hidden gem. Great food ambience and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had two different cuts of pork. Delicious. No potato only light veges with huge tastes. Nice wine. Great deserts. A bit on the pricey side but worth it

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

For a detailed review and pics of Rabbit Hole, see the following link: http://foodmab.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/rabbit-hole-bar-and-dining-17-april-2013.html

Rabbit Hole is an excellent bar that does very good and reasonably priced food and cocktails. I have had great experiences here during lunch, dinner and after-work drinks. This makes Rabbit Hole one of my favourite bars in Sydney to catch up with friends or have a meal.

The wagyu burger and hand cut fat chips are just awesome and my favourite in Sydney! The burger is HUGE! It was too big to be eaten with hands, so I used knife and fork. The brioche bun I really enjoyed. It was fluffy and nicely toasted. The best part of the burger should of course always be the patty and in this case, it definitely delivers. The wagyu beef used in the patty seems to be of very good quality and had amazing flavour. It was tender, juicy and cooked to perfection. The cheese used in this burger is brie and was it delicious! I had no idea that melted brie would taste this good and work so well in a burger. Just yum! I love the hand cut fat chips! Crispy on the outside and soft, fluffy potato on the inside. The homemade tomato relish was also great. It was sweet and tangy and went really well with the chips.

• Visited April 2013
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great little restuarant/bar.
The food was exceptional, atmosphere was great.
Quirky cocktail list with melecular components.
So many things you must try here

Visited January 2013
Sydney
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went here on a Saturday afternoon and when we arrived at 4.30 we had the place to ourselves. The restaurant has a nice cozy feel about it. My fiance and I started with cocktails. He had the Opium Orange cocktail and it was outstanding. My Geisha cocktail was nice enough but I wouldn't order it again. Our other dinner guest drank wine which we later shared. The wine was lovely but we thought it a bit odd that the list did not include the years the wines were made. My fiance and I enjoyed the Wagyu Tartare for entree. We agreed that it could possibly be the best tartare we had ever eaten. My fiance and friend had the steak for main. My fiance thought his was delicious. Neither my fiance or friend were asked how they would like their steak cooked though which was unusual. I had the pork and thought it was wonderful. All in all, the experience was excellent and would happily dine there again.

• Visited February 2013
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“Dive down here for delightfully imaginative dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went here for a pre-theatre meal and told staff this on arrival. We were made very welcome & the great personal service from all staff ensured our meal was perfectly timed for our show at the nearby Theatre Royal. The seared scallops in our entree were grilled to melt in the mouth perfection & the lemon puree with the tender Kurobuta pork loin made this a wonderful main course. All dishes were artistically & beautifully presented but we were most impressed by the original and uncommon combinations of flavours & contrasting textures of the food. Our choice of a St Hallet wine from a good selection on the wine list made this a terrific meal. We used a Living Social voucher which was great value deal, & we certainly had a great Rabbit Hole dining experience! We’ll be diving down that Rabbit Hole again, deal or no deal!

• Visited January 2013