“Dont leave Sydney without trying this restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Dont leave Sydney without trying this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We literally hunted for this restaurant given the excellent trip advisor comments. And boy we were really satisfied! I strongly recommend the scallops for Entree! I had the beef fillet and it was amazing! My husband had the chicken and we both polished our plates!
Very cosy and romantic dining. Very different from the noisy atmosphere outside. Price was just right. The staff was very good in helping us make our choices. They really focused on the quality of the food! Will dine again when we come back to Sydney!=)

Perth, Australia
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We decided to walk there in anticipation of working off some of the calories to come. We climbed several steep hills and I have to say it was well worth it.

We received a very warm welcome and although we were early we were seated promptly. I don't know why but I was expecting a pub-type establishment. I was pleasantly surprised to find a smallish, intimate restaurant with impeccable service.

The whiting fillets for entrée and chicken roulade for main were delicious. A great wine selection and Crème Brule for dessert really topped off a great night.

Well worth a visit.

Canberra, Australia
“Unpretentious Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Lovely, warm, friendly staff and matching decor. I visited last week with my two nephews (who have remarkably sophisticated taste for 20-somethings).
Entrees were divine, delicate, subtle flavours. So divine in fact that I'm afraid the main course (I had pork belly) was a little disappointing. It was still good, just not great (a little cold and a little bland). I suppose that is the curse of hitting such a high, there is only one way to go.
Dessert (creme brulee') was good although my nephews cheese platter was a little scantily populated.
On that subject, portions were otherwise generous and we left more than content. Prices were also quite reasonable.
While I think OS has been over-hyped here (setting expectations too high) I would go back again in a heartbeat and I'd consider it a treat. If I lived locally I'd eat there often.
Bottom line: Good food, well priced, generous portions in a great atmosphere served by lovely, attentive people.
Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Don't hesitate, reserve now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

While delicious food and good service as a set usually cost a bit much, you'll see that this restaurant covers them affordably, with a great ambience as an extra. It may be extremely packed sometimes, thats why prior reservation might be a good idea. The place is perfect for romantic dinner, and their mains are to die for.

Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Nice food, persistant waiters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited Oxford Social after reading reviews on TA. The food was very good, however one thing which annoyed us slightly was continuosly being asked if everything was OK. Whilst this is usually nice, when it happens every few minutes it can be an annoyance.

Visited February 2013