“Glad we chose this one!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Newcastle, Australia
“Glad we chose this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had dinner here early on a Sunday evening, and initially had the place all to ourselves. The staff were professional, polished, and very friendly. The restaurant itself had a very clean look; was nicely decorated, and as others have mentioned, there looked to be plenty of room between tables. We thought the food was very good, with my wife finding the starting salad to be one of the better salads she has had in quite some time.

Thanks again for a good meal. We will definitely consider returning, and will try to save some room for dessert next time!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Mruk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad to hear you a good evening with us at Oxford Social! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team about their friendly professionalism and the good food.
I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Dalmeny, Australia
“Wonderful service and a beautiful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We dined relatively late (10pm) on a Saturday night and had a wonderful meal. Started with the bruschetta which was absolutely devine and then followed by the steak for main. Everything was perfect and couldn't fault a single thing! Friendly and hospitable staff and reasonably priced.

Dear mareekelly76,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining evening with us at Oxford Social and that you you found Our service friendly and great. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Wallan, Vic
“Good Gastronomy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Walked last Saturday about 2 km for lunch from the rock. Saturday lunch closed, to bad.
Went Sunday evening,and i did not regret. Needed to wait till 9pm, No reservation. Simple bistro style place, Manager /Owner ,I guess, very friendly. Ordered my favorite cocktail" dry manhattan "
Not on the menu, however he served a really good one. The recommendation by the manager , from grilled scallops to Pernod flavored prawns and others have been really good.
We could sense in the kitchen is a committed chef. We absolutely recommend Oxford Social for a gastronomic dinner ( Lunch)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Peterson63,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining evening with us at Oxford Social and that you you found it All to be A nice spot for a good Meal and your favourite cocktail that our barman was able to make for you. Thank you for sharing your review, and your recommendation. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“+ oh yeah!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice hide out there, beautifull pleace and nice overall, to much people at times, we got the prawns and they were well done, beer is a beer and will go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Richard Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad to hear you found our restaurant to be a beautiful place and enjoyed your evening with us at Oxford Social! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team about food and beer. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy Joint, Fun Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went to Oxford Social with 3 other friends. It's a small, discrete place, with a small sign which you could well miss if you were not looking carefully (that's what happened to us -- we zipped past the place before we realised that we had done so).

For starters, we decided to share and ordered the trio-dips with toasted bread, and fish fingers (see pic). Both were excellent. The fish fingers were juicy and tasty. The dips were great, especially the roasted beetroot. We were also glad that we shared because it left space for the mains!

For the mains, we had the roasted pork belly, grilled salmon, Genoan seafood curry and steak sandwich (see pics). The pork belly was heavenly -- I suspect cooked sous vide before roasting to make the crackling skin. The salmon was properly done, not overcooked. The watermelon chunks with wasabi was out of this world! The seafood curry was a tad heavy with the salt on its own but was pretty balanced when taken with rice. The steak sandwich was ok.

Overall, a most satisfying meal in a cosy setting. Will definitely be making a return visit!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Food_Art_Junkie,

Thank you for sharing your concise and well written review, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and am pleased to hear you received the high standard of service for which we always aim.
We believe in excellent service but with that personal touch. I am so glad you enjoyed your meals the Pork Belly is certainly popular and the Salmon has become a favourite too.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.