“Wonderful service and a beautiful meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dalmeny, Australia
“Wonderful service and a beautiful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We dined relatively late (10pm) on a Saturday night and had a wonderful meal. Started with the bruschetta which was absolutely devine and then followed by the steak for main. Everything was perfect and couldn't fault a single thing! Friendly and hospitable staff and reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear mareekelly76,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining evening with us at Oxford Social and that you you found Our service friendly and great. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Wallan, Vic
“Good Gastronomy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Walked last Saturday about 2 km for lunch from the rock. Saturday lunch closed, to bad.
Went Sunday evening,and i did not regret. Needed to wait till 9pm, No reservation. Simple bistro style place, Manager /Owner ,I guess, very friendly. Ordered my favorite cocktail" dry manhattan "
Not on the menu, however he served a really good one. The recommendation by the manager , from grilled scallops to Pernod flavored prawns and others have been really good.
We could sense in the kitchen is a committed chef. We absolutely recommend Oxford Social for a gastronomic dinner ( Lunch)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Peterson63,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining evening with us at Oxford Social and that you you found it All to be A nice spot for a good Meal and your favourite cocktail that our barman was able to make for you. Thank you for sharing your review, and your recommendation. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Sydney, Australia
“+ oh yeah!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice hide out there, beautifull pleace and nice overall, to much people at times, we got the prawns and they were well done, beer is a beer and will go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Richard Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad to hear you found our restaurant to be a beautiful place and enjoyed your evening with us at Oxford Social! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team about food and beer. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy Joint, Fun Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went to Oxford Social with 3 other friends. It's a small, discrete place, with a small sign which you could well miss if you were not looking carefully (that's what happened to us -- we zipped past the place before we realised that we had done so).

For starters, we decided to share and ordered the trio-dips with toasted bread, and fish fingers (see pic). Both were excellent. The fish fingers were juicy and tasty. The dips were great, especially the roasted beetroot. We were also glad that we shared because it left space for the mains!

For the mains, we had the roasted pork belly, grilled salmon, Genoan seafood curry and steak sandwich (see pics). The pork belly was heavenly -- I suspect cooked sous vide before roasting to make the crackling skin. The salmon was properly done, not overcooked. The watermelon chunks with wasabi was out of this world! The seafood curry was a tad heavy with the salt on its own but was pretty balanced when taken with rice. The steak sandwich was ok.

Overall, a most satisfying meal in a cosy setting. Will definitely be making a return visit!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Food_Art_Junkie,

Thank you for sharing your concise and well written review, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and am pleased to hear you received the high standard of service for which we always aim.
We believe in excellent service but with that personal touch. I am so glad you enjoyed your meals the Pork Belly is certainly popular and the Salmon has become a favourite too.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
“Awesome drinks and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

First the drinks- zero carbs big head beer was good for health but has a surprisingly good floral after taste. The malbec-Kaiken fr agentina was also very good & easy drinking.

Starters-scallops and the prawns with garlic cream. The prawns were done so fabulously!

Main course- crab ravioli was really special and delicious. The beef fillet was also done beautifully.

Service-excellent

Price- reasonable with beef fillet at 30aud

Dear mayccube,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad to hear you had good evening with us at Oxford Social! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the chef about the ravioli and the beautifully done beef. Secretly the Prawns are my favorite, and I love when they come onto the menu.
I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.