“The aromas hit you the moment you walk in” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,185 of 5,322 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: African
“The aromas hit you the moment you walk in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

If you like your food with plenty of natural flavour when cooked in natural spices - try this place. The meats were beautifully cooked and tender, the vegetables tasty and the service attentive but not in your face.

One of our party had food allergies and it was no trouble to find plenty on the menu that suited (and till tasted great). The chef even came out to make recommendations.

We'll be back.

Visited August 2013

“Banquet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

A group of four visited last night. First visit . We were informed we would get a taste of
" everything " if we had the Banquet The entree's were good however the main courses were disappointing we were given three mains a fish dish a prawn dish and a lamb dish between four . Both fish dishes were very similar. It would have been nice to taste some other dishes. We were still hungry after mains.
Suggest you choose your own dishes and forget the Banquet it was $30 per head.
Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing fresh food... Service a bit slow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The food at Lat-Dior is amazing!!! It is fresh and tasty and healthy. The Ndambe lamb and Yassa chicken are wonderful! We have been here quite often and have found that the service can be quite slow sometimes, but the food more than makes up for the variable service. The food is very cheap as well. Definitely worth it!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Always fresh and never fails to satsify.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant is such a pleasant surprise. I've eaten there half a dozen times and I love it every time. The food is extremely fresh and tasty as well as being healthy. I wonder why other restaurants can't produce such simple but delicious food at such a great price. Highly recommended. I also recommend the ginger drink and the flat bread. The watercress salad is good too!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney
“Something different! Tasty and great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I hadn't eaten African food before I went here. I returned a second time. Lots of taste variety in the main dishes. For two people you need about 3 dishes. The African breads really nice, but order one each. The salad is delicious as are the broccoli and bean sides. Service is fire d,y. The first time I visited the service was quick, the second time it was REALLY slow and I had to ask twice for the drink, and then 45 minutes after ordering with still no food, not even the bread I had to plead for something to eat. They seem to have a very busy take away business a well. Anyway when we eventually got the food it wa so delicious. I'd probably go back, but not for a while so I can forget how slow the service was the second time around. It.s great value.

• Visited July 2012