“Exciting, trendy drinking spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 252 Nightlife in Sydney
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Exciting, trendy drinking spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

When I first walked in to Eau De Vie, I thought I walked in the wrong door and instead entered the reception area of a hotel. But no, surely enough behind the staff member at the front desk was a brimming 'Eau De Vie' sign. I proceeded to enter the elaborate establishment and found a calm, quiet sitting area with a bar in the middle of it. My first thoughts were that this place is very low key, maybe a great place to go if you want to actually have a conversation with someone in an establishment in Kings Cross (or near it). The barman then asked if I was taking a break from the excitement in the next room - his query surprised me, was there even more to this place that I haven't seen? So I followed the signage to the main bar area - it was filled with trendy, well dressed waiters, waitresses and patrons alike. The Jazz music wasn't too loud, perfect volume to enjoy the background music while still having a conversation about how well dressed everyone is. The sitting area was magnificent, spacious and lively. The only thing that could top the sitting area's magnificence was the exciting array of cocktails that were all over the room. From what I tried, they were strong tasting and delicious. More than enough to choose from and enjoy, I'll definitely be returning to this hot spot.

Visited February 2014

Sydney
4 attraction reviews
“Our fave spot for drinks in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We are Sydney siders and regular visitors to Eau De Vie.
Love this place for the atmosphere, friendly staff and amazing cocktails!
We tend to go early for a drink before dinner to beat the crowds and get a good spot. We have taken a lot of friends when they have been visiting from out of town and they have always loved it.
We had some trouble finding this speak easy at the back of The Kirketon hotel but it was definitely worth it!

Visited March 2013