“WOW, want a wonderful studio. Something for everyone !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 85 Shopping in Sydney
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Studio 20/17 exists within the 2 Danks St complex, an exciting arts hub with a number of galleries offering Australian and international contemporary art, shops and a cafe. The gallery is composed of a retail area showcasing work by over 30 Australian and international contemporary jewellery artists and a separate exhibition space.Bridget Kennedy and Melanie Ihnen both work in the studio, creating multiples, commissions and exhibition work. Visitors to the space are able to see the artists at work at their bench for a behind the scenes view of jewellery being made in the workshop.
“WOW, want a wonderful studio. Something for everyone !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

While checking out Dank St, I found this wonderful gallery "Studio 20/17" and loved it ! It has an exhibition space that is continually changing with exhibitions from Australian and international contemporary jewellers.
Then there is the retail space which I love there is such a variety of work silver, gold, plastic's, wood every median you could think of. I found at least 10 things I wanted for myself and also a few birthday presents for friends. There was a good range if prices so that was good for my wallet :)
The girls there were so helpful, knew everything about the work and as working jewellers themselves in the studio, they were making some beautiful pieces which I was really interested in watch and was able to chat to them about their work.
A really lovely place to visit as there is always something new to see, some yummy cafe's there too. So a lovely day out !

Sydney, Australia
“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you love art and contemporary jewellery designs, it's worth a visit. I was looking for Christmas gifts for my staff and a colleague told me that i should have a look at Studio 20/17.

While we were there one of the designers were there actually making some works. We were able to buy some beautiful and very unique gifts for our staff and the folks. The only annoying thing was that the complex isn’t open on Sundays or Mondays, so we had to plan around that.

Visited December 2012
Eraring, New South Wales, Australia
“Special Gifts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visited this lovely little gallery/store on my last trip to Sydney. I was looking for a special gift for a friend and while this place is a bit difficult to find (it's hidden down the end of a corridor in an art gallery complex), once you get there it's like a treasure chest of beautiful and interesting contemporary jewels, mainly made by Australian artists although they do have work by some overseas artists as well (we were looking for something Australian made but a bit classier than the usual holiday trinkets). We caught the m20 bus from the back of QVB which was really convenient, took about 20 minutes and dropped us off just around the corner. The service was great, and it's worth asking if they have any other options, as not all the work is on display. It was a nice trip out there as the shop is in a complex of about 8 art galleries and there are lots of cafes and other interesting interior design and home decorating shops in the area.

Visited March 2013
Sydney
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Personally, I think Studio 20/17 is a must see for all those who are into contemporary jewellery and other related objects. The staff are super helpful and some of the pieces on display are just stunning.

Visited December 2012