“Good Value for Price and Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Macquarie Boutique Hotel

Macquarie Boutique Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sydney
Macquarie Boutique Hotel
You added Macquarie Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Wentworth Avenue, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #106 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Australia
“Good Value for Price and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I stayed here during a recent trip to Sydney to watch the rugby, had I the ability to predict the outcome of the game I would have stayed in Melbourne.

The staff I encountered were very freindly and helpfull and whilst I did not eat there, I noticed upon my arrival that the restuarant and bar downstairs were full which is a good indication I guess.

The room itself was very small however the bed was very comfortable and my room was not situated on the outer sides of the building. This provided a quiet nights sleep with no street noise however there was absolutely no view to speak, something that I hardly regard as important.

The price was just under $80 a night and due to the fact it was over the weekend and that the hotels location is central and within walking distance to many points of interest, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not fussed by basic but clean amenities.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

We chose this hotel for its excellent location, just off Hyde Park and a great start to explore both the north parts of the CBD and the Surry Hills and Darlinghurst areas. The room itself is small but acceptable as long as you're not staying too long. Its location above a bar isn't the best on a weekend as it was quite loud until late. And true to form, the ultrasensitive smoke alarm went off at 1:00 am. It's a decent price for the location, but don't stay if you're sensitive to noise, especially on a weekend.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Broome, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

I stayed here for a week on a course, the room was clean, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom, aircon and t&c facilities. the room was really small, but fine for just me.
I loved the live entertainment every night and Alice's Thia upstairs.
It was noisy outside -sirens etc but not noisy in the hotel.
$70pn inc a breakky you get what you pay for!

• Liked — The Vibe
  • Disliked — small room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

DON'T STAY HERE!! Worst place to stay in Australia! Not only are the rooms nasty, and infested with cockaroaches, but we were robbed, by someone who has a key to the rooms. After a day in the city we come back to our room ripped apart our luggage all over the place and all our money and valubles gone!! We lost about $6000.00 Dollars. We filed a police report and after they were done investigating the hotel managment were very rude and in a hurry to get rid of us. I strongly suspect the manager Amanda J for being responsible. So tell everyone you know not to stay here, It's best for a crooked business like this to go down!!!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Noosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

Here you get the 3 C's. Clean, comfortable and convenient. A 3 minute walk will get you to Museum Station and a 15 minute walk to Chinatown and the city centre. There is plenty of hot water and good shower pressure. Breakfast-in-a-box was more than adequate and tea & coffee in the room was good. The bed was very cozy and the plasma T.V. worked fine,although it took a while to find where channels were located on the remote-no big deal, but a bit frustrating when you just want to veg out. The lift had to be unlocked by the staff to use it, but it wasn't too much of a hardship to use the stairs although it would be, I'd imagine, for those whose fitness is a bit below par. The staff was helpful and friendly and I was upgraded for my 2 day stay. At $80 a night I was more than happy. Over the years I have paid a lot more for a lot less. I will stay again next time I am in Sydney.

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort & convenience.
  • Disliked — The lift ....& the carpet!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
reading
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Well, what to say about this hotel...

On a positive note, its cheap, good central location and staff were friendly, what you'd expect.

Now the negatives. We viewed this hotel on the internet and thought it looked nice so we booked. We arrived on a bank holiday and found the place all locked up with nobody in sight, we actually thought the place had closed down! Reception not obvious at all.

When we actually got in, our room we were given was more like a cupboard....no windows, dark, shabby ceiling and incredibly inhospitable. We asked for a room change and were duly given one. The pictures DO NOT resemble the hotel in our view.

The new room was satisfactory, with the exception of cockroaches which visited us in the night. We were on first floor, so had to use the stairwell to from the premises and found further dead cockroaches here.

In summary, if you are on a budget, we'd recommend the place, if not splash the cash and find somewhere else.

Stayed March 2008
Aussie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

I stayed here for a week last year and paid a very reasonable price - about $70 per night from memory, via a last minute rates site. Great value! The room was clean, quite spacious, with a TV, kettle, and mini fridge. The bathroom was lovely - very new, tiled, clean. Towels got changed daily, and were fluffy, white, and huge!

While the inlcuded breakfast was simple - toast, cereal, fruit, coffee - the coffee was *real* coffee. Having a latte every morning was a real treat!

Management were very friendly, and helped me in arranging transfers. Watch out if you have a lot of bags though - sometimes it's hard to snag the elevator.

Great value, great location - Oxford St is around the corner, the CBD is literally up the road! I'd stay there again!

Stayed April 2006

Been to Macquarie Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!