“location location location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney

Save Saved
You added Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney to your Saves list
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Jamison Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Rydges Jamison Sydney)   |
Ranked #57 of 183 hotels in Sydney
Ballarat, Australia
“location location location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Amora Jamison Street is perfectly situated of the visitor. Within walking distance of pretty much everything. Being only a couple of blocks from the Rocks, Circular Quay, Cockle Wharf it is a great spot to position yourself for a few days in Sydney. A good stroll gets you to Darling Harbour. Perfect position! Staff are extremely courteous and helpful. Rooms vary with your budget. I strongly recommend getting as high up as possible, not only for the views but to escape the city street noise. (being from a very very rural home the noise can be a problem). Room was spacious, comfortable arm chairs, and a spacious bathroom wiht a decent size bath that has a view! That was a nice luxury after a day wandering the streets.

Room Tip: take an upgrade if offered, worth it and seek a higher floor if you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Stephen F, General Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear ClockmakersWife,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel.

We are delighted you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your very kind comments regarding our extremely courteous and helpful staff is greatly appreciated and has been shared with the entire Amora team.

We truly look forward in welcoming you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel in the near future for another enjoyable Amora experience.

1,410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Redcliffe, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Starting to show its age. I usually stay here a few times a year. Friendly staff. Good location within walking distance to Circulay Quay and The Rocks. Rooms need a refresh. Menu also needs a update. All rooms are always clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stephen F, General Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Mr_Hyperactive,

Thank you very much for reviewing your most recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel.

Your very constructive comments regarding our rooms is well received and has been shared with the Executive Team for review. We strive to give all our valued guests the friendliest and the most comfortable experience when staying with us and it is a pleasure to know this was shown to you during your recent stay.

We truly look forward in welcoming you back once again to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very polite reception. Got upgraded to suite for an extra $50 instead of $100. Room was nice and spacious. Not a bad view of the park but from our angle the sun very rarely shone into our room. Nice bathroom, big shower and bath. Would definitely recommend to everyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen F, General Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Juddy_AU,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel.

It is a pleasure to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your very nice and comfortable room during your stay. Your very kind comments regarding our polite reception staff is greatly appreciated and has been shared with the Rooms Division Manager and his team.

We look forward to your return to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is one of Sydney's best Hotels,

My wife and I stayed here back in January of 2013 and we both thought that this hotel was the best hotel that we stayed in Sydney (We had to stay at a few this trip).

The staff were friendly and professional, whilst the other hotels we stayed at were professional some of the hotel were very stand offish as with the Amora nothing was a problem.

One sign of a great hotel is to see flight crews from airlines like United Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Emirates, Thai Airways, Delta, Singapore Airlines, Qantas and Malaysian Airways using this hotel as a crewing hotel as these airlines only pick the best hotels for their flight crews to stay at in the cities that they flying into under contract with the hotel owners.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mcajimbo,

We are delighted you and your wife thoroughly enjoy staying with us when on your trips. We strive to give all our valued guests the highest quality service possible and it is a pleasure to know that this was given to you and your wife during your stay with us. Your very kind comments regarding our professional and friendly staff is greatly appreciated and has been shared with the entire Amora team.

We truly look forward in welcoming you and your wife back to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed a number of times at the Amora Hotel Jamison when I'm in Sydney on business. I was initially drawn to the property because of its proximity to my Sydney office, but they have kep my business by maintaining a good quality business with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are usually bigger and brighter with windows on two sides.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stephen F, General Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Rod R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel.

We are delighted you thoroughly enjoy your stay with us and it's proximity to your office. Your very kind comments regarding our good quality business and friendly staff is greatly appreciated and has been shared with the entire Amora team.

We truly look forward to continuing welcoming you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel for years to come.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

When arriving at this hotel last Friday we were greeted professionally by a young fellow who was efficient but without any personality at all. Arriving at our room the disappointment was evident amongst myself and my colleague. From the tiny room, 2 king single beds, old red bedspreads and blinds that were falling apart we were not happy. The only thing going for it was that we got the room cheap on a wotif mystery deal. Location is good but NOT 5 Star at all. The breakfast was average and service pompous. Not coming back at all and cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: No good rooms, avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen F, General Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Claire I,

Your very constructive feedback regarding our accommodation rooms and Gallery Restaurant breakfast is well received and has been shared with the Rooms Division Manager and also the Food and Beverage Manager for review.

We look forward in hopefully being able to welcome you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel in the future for a better Amora experience.

Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked a room at the Amora Jamison online through a "mystery" deal.
Arrived at reception before noon to drop off luggage and was pleased to find my room was ready. (The staff photocopied my driver's licence - hopefully this is standard otherwise I must have looked dodgy.)
I had booked a king room but because it was just me, I mentioned in the booking I would be happy with a twin if it meant a high floor.
I was given a twin room on the 28th floor which I was more than happy with. There was a glimpse of the Opera House between buildings and the room overlooked George Street below, which gave me a bird's eye view of the navy parade on October 9.
The office building so close next door made me laugh, those poor people must have a few stories to tell. ;) I'm not sure if the Amora's windows are tinted because I could see myself reflected in the next building's windows when I looked out of mine.
There was a cool view of the AWA building and a park in the other direction.
The free wi-fi was very convenient and the TV was great. Unlike a lot of hotels, the remote control actually worked.
LOVED the bathroom. The bath was very decadent and I even dared to leave the blinds open to gaze at the city lights during a late-night soak (with champagne and chocolate). The toiletries were nice quality.
The hotel is very convenient to Wynyard station. You can get to the hotel from the station very easily through the MetCentre shopping arcade without having to go to George Street, unless it's after about 7pm.
The staff in the lobby were very attentive and it was quite special to have the door opened for me every single time. October 10 was particularly hot and they had bottled water in a basket near the door, which was a nice touch.
The bed was super comfortable and the blockout blinds were very effective.
It took me a little time to figure out the light switches because the labels were hard to read but I really liked the master on-off switches and the "welcome" light option at the door.
Unfortunately I was unwell at the time of my visit to Sydney so I spent much of the night coughing. It's a safe bet the rooms are soundproof but if not, hopefully I was next door to the "flaming" reviewer below. Just joking, of course. ;)

Room Tip: Be prepared to compromise on bedding configuration to improve your chance of a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sneetch,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel.

We are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you have gotten better from your cough and are feeling 100% now. Your concern regarding the request for your photo I.D. on check-in is understandable and we would like to assure you this procedure is a requirement from wotif.com and this is printed on all guest e-confirmation correspondence, which is why the Hotel has requested on your arrival. We thank you for your kind comments regarding our attentive Amora staff members which has been shared with the entire team.

We truly hope to welcome you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney Hotel in the near future for another great experience.

Stephen Floyd

Been to Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney? Share your experiences!