“central hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney

You added Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney to your Saves list
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Jamison Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“central hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a great hotel for our first few nights in Australia. Stay on a higer floor to minimize the road noise as this hotel is in the middle of the CBD (central business district). We stayed in 2205 and it was perfect. The bellmen were accomodating and prompt, the front desk personnel were gracious. It was spotlessly clean, modern and, most importantly, comfortable. The hotel is well situated - a few blocks from The Rocks, the opera house, many restaurants and bars, parks, and the city rail system. One thing to keep in mind is that hotels and restaurants are staggeringly expensive compared to many places in the US (think Manhattan prices). We looked around at other hotels and seemed to think that for our needs this was a very good choice and we will stay here again at the end of our trip. It's a business hotel so the internet is excellent and it's quiet.

We did not try the 2 hotel restaurants and did not have the opportunity to try the other facilities.

We flew into Sydney and went directly from the international terminal to the train which is well marked in the airport. The Wynyard station stop is directly below the hotel. On the way up to street level you pass many shops and cafes so you can get a snack before showering and hitting all the tourist spots in beautiful Sydney. BTW, if you arrive during rush hour, the city rail system/subway is much faster than the bus. It costs approximately $15 from the international terminal to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights on business.

Pros:
Amazing location right in the heart of the city with great access and travel options.
Lovely pool and spa pool which was always deserted.
Attentive friendly service.
Very clean.
Spacious room and lovely bathroom.
I ate in the restaurant twice and the food was good.

Cons:
Single bed which wasn't overly comfortable.
Very loud minibar which I had to unplug to be able to sleep.
Awful tv picture

• Stayed March 2013
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent two nights at the Amora Jamison for our 20th wedding anniversary in March. Check in was great, thanks to the friendly and experienced staff. The executive suite we booked was well presented, it included access to the Jamison Club for breakfast, for drinks and
canapes from 5.30pm till 7.30pm, staff in the JC were excellent. Special thanks to Jun Park at reception. This was our third visit to the Amora and we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: King deluxe corner suites have a better view of the harbour
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I can't speak for the beds or the food, but I can certainly speak for the service! This supposed to be a 5 star hotel, they must be self-rated I think! My daughter and her boyfriend became engaged last night which was a surprise to us when they called us last night. As they were staying at the hotel I thought it would be lovely to order a bottle of French champagne to be sent to their room for when they got back from the restaurant. I rang the hotel and asked if they could do that for me if I gave my credit card details. After speaking to 3 different people I was told by the concierge they could send up a bottle of Moet but only if I filled out a form, copied my credit card and emailed it all over to them but it wouldn't be til the morning. That was a shame but nevertheless I thought it would be a nice surprise for when they got back from breakfast. So I filled in the form send my credit card details both by fax and email and asked them to send up the champagne in the morning. They rang me at 3pm to say they couldn't do it as they don't stock French champagne! wonder why its on their bar menu then??? This is such a simple request and any other 5 star hotel I know of would have had no problems doing this. Needless to say if they can't get this right what would it be like to stay there?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed here several times. Rooms are clean Pillows are super, staff are friendly. Use the shower in the Gym/ pool area. Its a great experience. It is a great central location. It is close to the city circle rail system. We have never had a bad experience. Parking is about $35/night

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The things that impressed me most was the quality of the service which was first class, extremely professional restaurant and bar staff. The food was exquisite and the quality of the bed and pillows made for an amazing sleep. I found the gym somewhat cramped and typical of the pin machine type set ups, though having it was better than nothing. Overall more than impressed and I will be returning.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked this hotel as a mystery deal from an accommodation website. Thinking we were safe booking a 5 star hotel. We arrived at just before 2pm to check in to find a massive que which we lined up in for about 25minutes only to be informed that our room was not quite ready and to go grab a drink in the bar and they will inform us when it is. 1hr 15min later still nothing and still a massive line. I refused to line up and asked the service desk to garb a manager for me. The manager was great and offered a free room upgrade and buffet breakfast for the inconvenience. We go up to the room and the key doesn't work so after waiting 15minutes a staff member makes his way up and after me telling him the key is for us he hands it over and goes to jump back in the elevator without seeing if it works... Thankfully it did!!!! There is no way the room was an upgrade.. No way!!!! Rooms were ok but maintenance is an issue. My friend whom travelled with me cut her leg after sitting on a chair with a large piece of metal hanging out. Buffet breakfast was nothing special and there is no way i would have paid $37 for it! $15 maybe. Staff were rude only helpful staff were the ones running to grab us a taxi and lifting our bags into the car everyone else need to smile and look like they enjoy their job. Very disappointed and would not waist my money on this place again

Room Tip: The beds were comfy however we did have it set up as a twin room so the beds were not pushed togethe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney? Share your experiences!