I booked this hotel sometime in the summer of 06, while it was changing ownership. I called them a few weeks before the start of my trip and was told that they didn't have my reservation. My travel agent was able to work it out but I suspect they just re-booked me again. I was lucky that a room was still available. So somehow they had lost my reservation. This is unusual, even when changing hands.
One or two days before betting there I checked their website for directions and noticed that they had amazing special. So my agent re-booked me again. From about 270$ we were paying about 180-190$.
- Convenient location
- Good value at the discounted rate. Overpriced for the full rate
- Very nice bathroom
- I had a nice non obstructed view. But no waterfront views at this hotels.
- Very quiet hotel. This was the main reason I didn’t go for the establishment, located almost next door.
- Lots of eating options around. Good breakfast place next door (to right of the hotel)
- Comfortable beds
- I feel that the website does too much on the Marketing. Somehow the hotel and rooms don't looks as amazing in real life, I felt that the lobby and common area were on the small size, and fell very...empty. No life.
- Decent inside pool. However they put so much chlorine that you can't really use it unless you wear swimming glasses.
- Not reliable reservation experience.
Above all: nothing is really exceptional about this hotel, especially if you get it at regular price. But good value if discounted.
If I return to Sydney I might look into alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at our 5 Star luxury hotel in Sydney, you’ll experience the Amora difference.This award winning 5 Star hotel in Sydney combines space, style and warmth to provide the ultimate ambience for business travel or holiday pleasure.There are 415 stylish guest rooms, two restaurants and two bars offering exceptional wining and dining facilities, seven meetings and conference rooms and a dedicated relaxation zone incorporating Amora Day Spa, a heated indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and gym.Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney is located next to Wynyard Train Station just a 10-minute walk from Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and The Rocks. The city’s best shopping, dining and nightlife are on the hotel’s doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.