Our group of six (younger end of "seniors") booked three executive apartments for our stay in Sydney after a cruise. Location was great, even though the street looks a bit iffy at first. It is only a block long street on the edge of China town and across a pedestrian bridge to Darling Harbor. At night all the little restaurants are in full swing, as is Darling Harbor area. Our apartment was clean and very large, a great value for the price. Kitchenette was well stocked for cooking/eating and had a microwave, frig and hot plate. Complementary coffee and tea are provided. There is beer and wine and a packaged breakfast in the kitchenette with price lists posted. Very nice sized bathroom, well stocked with amenities. Soap bar was tiny, but that seems to be becoming par for many hotels.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Sam was the man with whom we dealt the most. Great guy! Quest is an executive apartment set-up so the desk is not staffed from 8pm to 7am. If you are checking in late or out early, arrangements can be made. We were leaving before 7am, so we were able to settle our bill the evening before and drop our keys in the box by the desk. The staff can make arrangements for airport shuttle pickup for you or book a cab. That was great for having to leave for the airport at 6:30am.
Hotel is just two blocks from a convenience store if you want to buy something for your in-room meals. We only bought Tim-Tams there, but it is stocked with more. :) To get to this store, turn right out of the hotel, turn right at the corner and go up Liverpool Street for two blocks. Cannot miss it. This is where you buy the pre-paid bus tickets. And it has an ATM.
For the Darling Harbor area, expo center, convention center and all that, turn right out of the hotel, turn left to go over the pedestrian bridge, and you are there! So convenient!
Our room and balcony faced Dixon Street. Only time we noticed noise was Saturday night. The area is really busy and popular then. Weather was perfect so many were out on the streets. Noise was not bad, just a bit noticeable.
If we get back to Sydney, we will be back to the Quest on Dixon.
- Also Known As:
- Quest On Dixon Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Quest On Dixon Darling Harbour Hotel
- Quest On Dixon Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to APX APARTMENTS Darling Harbour Serviced Apartments. This is inner city living. With Darling Harbour as your neighbourhood, Cockle Bay as your kitchen, Chinatown your dining room and public transport arriving on your doorstep, make APX APARTMENTS Darling Harbour your choice of Sydney CBD accommodation. Most of the spacious and modern studio and one bedroom Darling Harbour serviced apartments feature large private balconies. Sydney's most sought after living location and only a two-minute walk from Sydney's Exhibition and Convention Centres! The perfect Darling Harbour apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your APX Apartments Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.