“Retro hotel in a great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of QT Sydney

Save Saved
You added QT Sydney to your Saves list
QT Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Market Street | Cnr Market and George Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #14 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Retro hotel in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked this for a celebration birthday weekend for my husband and we were very impressed! The rooms were amazing - the decor, bathroom and all the finishes touches. The restaurant is very good, couldn't fault the food and good service and all staff very friendly and helpful. All in all couldn't fault anything and we enjoyed our 4 night stay and we'll be back again!

Room Tip: Could't faul the rooms, we were on the 11th floor, had great views and very quiet as well.

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked the QT Life package for our friends birthday celebration. Check in was a breeze-Our deluxe room in the Gowings part of the building was huge with big slipper bath and views over the QVB building.
We loved the little touches like the cocktail to mix up, free wifi, free morning newspaper.
We elected to have the breakfast included as part of our package and it was awesome. The restaurant was always very quiet in the morning- we couldn't work out where all the other guests were considering it is a 200 room hotel and it was fully booked during our stay. The hotel itself never felt busy or overcrowded.. it was quiet and intimate.
The music in the lifts was great fun and there were many times that our friends and us boogied on down in the lifts!

We ate at the restaurant for dinner one night and again this was delicious, attentive service and a great fun atmosphere.

Sadly we did not have time to try the spa but I hear it is very good.

I would give this hotel a 5 star rating but two things let it down. The lighting in the room while it
is designer and mellow it is not bright enough to put make up on! Suggest a brighter lighting system in the bathroom as this was a common complaint amongst all the females in our group of 4 couples!
Secondly a gym/swimming pool complex would make this hotel an unbeatable accommodation option in Sydney.

We would efintiley come back to this hotel for its primo shopping location, funky spacious rooms and fantastic restaurant.

P.S The coffee and food on offer at the cafe on the ground floor is also of a very high standard.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the QT Sydney for my birthday night as well as booking a large group in @Gowings for the evening. I had read the previous TripAdvisor comments & also I work in hotels myself so I came here with a certain expectation of what I was going to expect both good & bad. Everything everyone has said so far was right.. I was totally impressed by the quirkiness & style oozing from every possible area & when I went snap-happy I was just taking photos of everything; even the corridors. I won't go into great details because everyone seems to kind of understand what this hotel looks like now but you can obviously tell that they have meticulously planned every tiny detail from the ground-up to ensure that everything works in perfect harmony.. here's some examples:

1. The room has zoned lighting but when you are ready to go to bed, you can zone-out all the lights but the final one by the bedside is adjustable so you can dim it down as you relax in front of the TV before you turn it off. In addition to this, the bedhead itself has folding lights on each side which are bright but focused so one party could easily read or something whilst the other is sleeping.

2. The bathroom is absolutely genius! There is a sliding door on one side and a sliding mirror in the other side. Utilizing this, the large living space by the door, and the adjustable TV, you can pretty much tailor any living arrangement you please such as.. watching a movie while taking a bath.. or still actively taking part in a conversation while you are sitting on the toilet (if that is your thing) XD

3. QT have totally re-designed the concept of a minibar. The rooms themselves are pretty much a one-stop shop. It is well-designed and decorated with various ornaments and furniture items and pretty much everything there is then for sale. You like the statue sitting on the side of the bathtub? Well most likely if you check the items list it will have a price-tag on it. There are also some "interesting" party-games & gadgets you can pick up to make your night that little more interesting.

4. The "QT Concierge" app is amazing & is a must-have if you want to enjoy the complete QT experience. No need to call up and get transferred here & there to multiple areas to get your questions answered & the things you need delivered. Now you can just message concierge via the app and they will get back to you with an answer.. or with someone knocking on your door with what you need! Wow it's like a mobile butler service!

For me the biggest winner was definitely the service though & i think it's easy to forget that when you are so taken aback by the comfort & design elements but perhaps that was their intention because at the end of the day, you walk away happy chappy even if you forget that the staff have contributed to that even in the most subtle of ways. Service is top-notch & it's clear that HR here have very carefully screened & selected their staff because they all share the same young, charismatic, intelligent, professional yet down-to-earth attitude. As a 20-something year-old staying the night, I felt like i really belonged and that I was being served by others who understood me & although these guys don't wear name badges I did get to know some of them! From "Renee" & "Nicole" in RES who helped me book the room & assisted with all my special requests, to "James" at the front desk who had greatly assisted from check-in until pretty much the moment he went home.. to "David" who had no problem helping us after-hours and had even gone out of his way to help us organize my birthday cake on the stroke of midnight to make things that little more special. No request here seems to be too much for anyone!

This review is my way of saying thanks to you guys (@QT) & I really hope that all other travelers will be able to enjoy the same hospitality that I did.. I will definitely stay again if the occasion arises!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Junior Suite (805) which had a fantastic view over the rooftops of the QVB and being o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

QT Sydney delivers. From the 1st welcome greeting at the unique entrance to the flawless cleanliness and layout of the room, the QT Sydney kicks a world class goal.

Offering an eclectic, unique style and decor, the QT Sydney nails it when it comes to customer service and staff friendliness. There is a real genuiness to staff friendliness and attitudes across all areas of the hotel. From reception to housekeeping, to the restaurants and bars the connection and desire to pleasing the guest is there.

Gowings Restaurant offers a very good selection of dishes, varied styles and plenty to choose from. Food was excellent for flavour, taste and presentation. Service was flawless!

This hotel offers a unique and personal feeling of welcome comfort. It's not a cookie cut, glass, marble and steel commercial space. It's a dreamy hospitality retreat in the very centre of Sydney's CBD.

Well done QT!

• Stayed August 2013
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked a two night 'Experience QT Life" package to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was a perfect weekender for us. Our deluxe king room was spacious and we loved the large floor area with the tub. The room could have been improved with brighter lighting and more ventilation in the bathroom.
Movies are free on demand and this is an excellent touch.
Our package included a three course dinner with two sides at Gowings. Gowings is slick with professional staff. Thoroughly recommend the enormous profiteroles filled with vanilla ice cream, these were the best we have had. The QT package is worth the dollars spent.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with almost every aspect of my stay at QT in Sydney. I was in town for a two day workshop and initially was booked into the Urban in St Leonard's ( an awful experience the last time I was there) so I asked for something in the city and was given Darling Harbour HI but it filled up and the second choice(corporate travels choice based on price not mine) was QT. I had heard it was very chic and funky but I was not prepared for the incredible attention to detail, the richness of the texture and design coupled with genuinely proud employees- they love working there and it shows, very professional, but friendly, warm and willing to be human, attentive but also up for a chat and joke, this creates a very comfortable atmosphere. the design and layout of the public areas, lounges, Gowings bar and grill, the cafe on the ground floor are all out of the top drawer of stylish retro 50 ish design. The room was superb with amazing touches and well thought out design, layout and amenities. The little touches of humour and quirky approach to the minibar to include things like condoms and emergency bow ties, jacks and pickup sticks. I really liked the bathroom layout and the smart arrangement with the mirrors to allow air flow and privacy.
Due to my schedule I wasn't able to sample the food or the bars apart from a quick 20 minute meeting - I would really like to explore the food and beverage aspects of this very special property
I was sad to leave - it felt very comfortable - undoubtedly a triumph of effective comfortable design and attention to detail. I would return without hesitation. Looking forward to the opening of a Melbourne property

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very cool, great location, Awesome service! Restaurant is fantastic as are the cocktails!! They have all the small things taken care of too. I left my hair straightener behind and they even had one to lend me for the duration of my stay! I was in town on business so it was great using the WIFi and the concierge always grabbed me a taxi to save me waiting in the cold! No parking so not advisable if you drive otherwise you must come! Right opposite Zara for all you shoppers out there! The coffee bar downstairs was great for breaki too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to QT Sydney? Share your experiences!