“So hip it hurts (so good!)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of QT Sydney

You added QT Sydney to your Saves list
QT Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Market Street | Cnr Market and George Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #9 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“So hip it hurts (so good!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Was in town for only 2 days and the QT was just the perfect location to get 2 days worth of fun in....including a sleep ins!!!

Dined at the Gowings bar and grill and to my surprise was in the same company of TV celebrity chef Manu Fieldel also enjoying the atmosphere and fantastic food just 2 tables away. Our waitress was very friendly and certainly guided us to delicious items on the menu. We needed help too, as how do you choose from so many mouth watering options?

The room was well appointed and I loved the bathroom. Little surprises everywhere from a martini set up near the door to sliding partitions in the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. Make sure that the martini set up has the little bottles of alcohol on the display though (mine didn't) as I was charged for the espresso martini cocktail despite not drinking coffee and not touching any items in the mini bar. This was rectified by the hotel though but my credit card was charged without discussion with me. Thank goodness I had taken a photo of the display when I was admiring the décor of the room on check in.

Just the perfect hint of neon outside my window in the QT deluxe king room to give that urban city feel and I loved the Hitchcock "Rear Window" feel with the windows from the room opening to reveal workers going about their jobs and meetings in the building next door. Keep the shades drawn though till you're decent unless you are an exhibitionist. Oh and the view of centrepoint.....stunning.

Negatives - An email in which I asked about the difference between a Japanese bath and freestanding bath went unanswered, no parking out the front to drop off (there was a laneway but I'm not sure if you can turn into it to get out of a car), really soft mattress (some might like this but a personal negative for me) and 3 unexpected charges on my credit card - $304.50, $809.97 and $24.36. When I enquired on the phone I was informed the $24.36 was for the espresso martini from the mini bar (I didn't have one - the display had not been refreshed from the previous occupant) and in relation to the larger amounts the email stated "I have spoken to my colleague and I have been informed that the amounts showing on your bill are authorisation amounts taken by the hotel."

The amounts were all eventually returned to my credit card and the actual, expected costs I authorised were charged to my card with the final amount refunded 6 days after my checkout.

Overall it was a great stay with a fun vibe, central location, funky atmosphere, delicious food and friendly, personable staff. Shame about the unexpected charges on my credit card that was a really sour note after a fantastic 2 days away at the QT. Hasta La Vista Baby!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear gorgeous QT Sydney guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

A surprise gift for my birthday was a one night stay in a deluxe room at Sydney's newest most stylish hotel.
I was blown away by the thought and expense that must have gone into kitting the place out. Our room was huge and as a property stylish myself it was fun to see the many various styling pieces in the room.

Staff at the hotel are all gorgeous to look at and their service gorgeous as well.

We had drinks and snacks in the bar before the theatre - all fab. And breakfast the next morning one of the best if not the best and most original breaky menus in Australia.

Re: value - we received a great corporate rate for the hotel and were amazed at what we received roomwise for the money

• Stayed May 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The QT is a happening, fun and funky hotel. One of the most interesting hotels I have ever stayed in! Great location, about 2 kms. from the harbor and right in the heart of the city. VERY cool rooms and the bar and restaurant are great. Service is still a bit haphazard for the prices and the staff need some training.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear QT Sydney guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have been at the QT Gold Coast for 2 times and loved the funky style, the freshness and friendly staff. Living in Sydney we thought to try the QT in Sydney, so we booked a night there celebrating our wedding anniversary last weekend. The location is very central, they offered valet parking for $69, so I thought I get a much better price for overnight parking via the ParkMate App (Wilson) – was able to park a block away for $20 overnight. When we entered the reception area, we could see it was much smaller than the Gold Coast location but it was very nice and cosy and stylish. Our room was on the 9th floor and it looked different to the pictures we have seen on the webpage. It was very nice but somehow we expected it to be a bit “warmer” in terms of cosiness. We loved the wooden floor but it seemed a bit “cold” for the bedroom… The bathroom was great and the bed was cool as well, a bit too soft for our liking but comfy. I liked that they had complimentary coffee (nespresso pods) and also complimentary movies. The room was very clean and neat.
The Breakfast down in the restaurant was very nice but only a la carte (compared with buffet at QT Gold Coast). The little bar/café downstairs at the entrance was nice as well and the coffee was great there and upstairs as well… All in all it was a great night out but I definitely prefer the QT GC compared to this one…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I walked into the QT to plan a surprise anniversary holiday for my wife, and was greeted by the friendliest man James T. He was so genuine, and took me on a tour of the entire hotel, helping me arrange what was soon to be the most pleasant and exciting few days away. The room was absolutely breath taking. So much attention to detail! We didn't want to leave! Thank you James! And thank you QT. I can't wait for any excuse to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I use to do business with the Gowings Bros store, so it was a unique experience to revisit that space in its new format. The hotel lobby, cafe & room offered a quirky point of difference which is a must to experience. The service at the bar did not stack up to the rest of the venue thus the reason for my rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear QT Sydney guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the QT Sydney on our wedding night, and not only were we blown away by the suite, we loved how polite, friendly and helpful every single QT employee was...and the very thoughtful touch of leaving a congratulations note and bottle of bubbles in our suite in anticipation of our arrival after the wedding. We also loved the fact that we could bring a posse of wedding guests back to the hotel to continue the celebrations post wedding at the various bars at the hotel. Not a single thing we would have changed about our stay and we're already plotting our next stay...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

QT

Been to QT Sydney? Share your experiences!