“QT - Love It” 5 of 5 stars
Review of QT Sydney

Save Saved
You added QT Sydney to your Saves list
QT Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Market Street | Cnr Market and George Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #14 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Balgowlah, Australia
“QT - Love It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Being a Sydney-sider, I was looking for somewhere fun and different to book for my wedding anniversary weekend. After spending hours searching on the net, reading reviews, I decided to give the new and funky QT a go.

Their website is great - you can actually see what your room will look like! Something many other Sydney hotels could learn from. And we were not disappointed. On the day of our arrival I called to see what time we could check in - to my excitement we could check in EARLY - I mean like midday as our room was already ready!

We joined the QT club (free) and were given an awesome sized room (I mean HUGE) overlooking George street and up to the Town Hall building - nice view for a city hotel. We had a King room with all the bells and whistles you would expect from a new hotel - the decor in the rooms is so fun and quirky. The bathroom was to die for - something else that I discovered was lacking in other hotels.

We also paid for valet parking ($60/night), which if you are a local having a weekend in the city I would fully recommend as Market Street is very busy. All we did was pull up and there were people there to take care of us.

As they knew it was our anniversary they had left a lovely bottle of complimentary champagne for us to enjoy - what a great way to start a stay.

All the staff were very professional and very friendly, making you feel special and at ease - no pretentiousness here - just helpful and happy staff. Another advantage of the QT club was the late checkout 1pm - fully recommend that!

The decor is what makes this place so special - Art Deco to the hilt! The old Gowings building has been totally transformed to make some very special rooms and common areas in the hotel. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy their stay in Sydney, whether a local or tourist, you'll love it!

Room Tip: Join the QT club - you can receive advantages such as better room, view and late checkout

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

As we were checking in our room rate was $380 and after paying them in full they demanded a further $200 on the spot deposit to be refunded in 3-5 working days?! So basically $680 for the night? In a non-5 star hotel? I don't think so. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hiya,

Thanks so much for your review. While this is a very narrow report on your stay (one that doesn't address the property or its services apart from a deposit query), we still appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your concern.

It is absolutely common practice to take a deposit for in room charges - particularly in a hotel were guests receive free range access to spa services, charges for dining and beverages, in room charges. We completely understand that this has taken you by surprise, but know that as you travel you will find this to be the norm.

I hope that the rest of your stay was wonderful.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

wow this is somewhat crazy in all aspects such a stunning place to visit your greeted by gorgeous girls in a crazy uniform n red wig and the cutest bellhops in such a chilled attire makes it seem so welcoming and grounded . as you enter the lifts u are greeted by crazy lift music that changes by how many guests are in the lift at any one time.

i stayed for 2 nights at the QT Sydney over all the experience was great a few teething problems as it is all so new but certainly minor hiccups that you simply over look.

the art deco is stunning the rooms i have to say , top of the line my favourite by far.

the only downfall and i hate to say it is the concierge she is some how unpleasant in her ways and comes across fake or unnatural i think id prefer to much rather use the concierge app or just use a computer to organise things rather then deal with her

never the less i will be back to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear mick24,

What a wonderful review! We seem to have ticked all of the boxes for you, and that is a fantastic thing to hear!

We love that you will be back, and we really appreciate you creating a profile just to review us. It's so awesome when people do that!

I'm going to do a secret squirrel mission and check out the concierge. With an environment that beautiful it would be hard to be unpleasant so we need to nip that one in the bud!

Big thanks and have a ball this silly season,

Far North Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently stayed as a couple at the QT for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The whole hotel has a funky feel about it and the room we had was as per the hotel photographs. The rooms were very clean, relatively spacious and well appointed including a nespresso machine. The beds were extremely comfortable however given the age of the building you can sometimes hear the lift throughout the night.
The restaurant and bar on the facilities is very popular and would recommend booking in advance if you intend to stay over a weekend. We found the breakfast menu to be fairly varied and the food was of a high standard along with service staff.
Parking on the premises is not cheap so factor that into your room rate if required.
The hotel is located adjacent to the Pitt Street Mall which was excellent for shopping. The mono rail is also in close proximately to the hotel.
My only suggestion for improvement would be to advise guests checking in to book for the restaurant if they intend to dine there.
Overall, a very well located hotel with good facilities.

Dear Rosco_FNQ,

I completely agree with you about letting guests know to book. We are so busy in Gowings Bar and Grill that bookings are absolutely essential. We will get onto that straight away for you.

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was as it should be.

Please come back soon!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just finished a little staycation weekend at QT Sydney with my partner, who lives in LA. Wanted to finish off this visit with something a little fun/different.

It's a great location if you want to camp in the CBD and the hotel itself is super cool. Room layout and decor is amazing. It's kooky without feeling forced. We stayed in a junior suite on the State side and absolutely loved it. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I wanted to steal half of the furniture.

Service was friendly but not intrusive. Free wi-fi was rock solid. Food both in-room and in the restaurant was good, though the room service menu is light-on (but available 24 hours. Yay.)

One minor issue which maybe points to a new property with some process issues to iron out - our first night the minibar had not been restocked and upon checkout, all of the missing items were added to our bill, totalling more than $200 in charges. But the staff member removed the charge with a minimum of fuss and said they'd call if there was any issue, so hopefully that's that!

I'll certainly be recommending this property to friends coming to town.

One extra tip: sign up for their free membership program to get discounts on the rates and a free late check out entitlement (you'll still need to claim it with reception)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear VSau,

Thanks for a wonderful review. The language in there points to you being a seasoned traveller (an international one if I hazard a guess based on where your partner is from) and we are beyond delighted that the hotel hit all the right marks for you.

The suites are absolutely epic. I completely agree!

We would love to see you again next time you are in town for the weekend, or just want to get away.

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

First the positive comments -

Stayed for a two night package for husbands birthday - we loved the room facing George St. - fun and funky, new and the best location for shopping, Queen Victoria Building, transport around Sydney and cafes- card and cupcakes a nice touch. Staff helpful, plentiful and friendly. Anna on front desk followed up all enquiries well. Really great coffee at Parlour Lane(downstairs cafe) and the SpaQ treatments were well worth the price. Dinner at Gowings was superb with the finesse and finishing touches of the very experienced John, made it a night to remember. I strongly suggest, if you wish to visit, to join the loyalty program - its for free and we had price reductions on room rate, food and beverage as well as late checkout.

Unfortunately - the finer details - I had an enquiry and not only could front desk not tell me the details of their own offer, neither could the restaurant. This is where the lack of training and or inexperience was noticable. Due to the lack of knowledge on package details we missed out on our welcome drinks. The cake of soap in the bathroom was not new and left for our use. The Nespresso machines in the room are fab - but not if you drink decafe - room service do not supply it - milk missing from fridge. We literally walked across the road to the Nespresso shop on the corner and brought our own - shame the staff couldnt do it. Suggested to front desk and room service to supply decaf - will wait to be seen. By this stage I suspected the bill would not be correct - front desk did a good job of adjusting the package and discounts - after I pointed this out at check out. The biggest shock, when I got home and checked my banking details - that the authorization amount was the full price of two nights plus an extra $200. This is not stated on any paper work nor told to me by front desk. A hefty price to tie up your credit card for 10 days at Christmas time - let alone pay fees on it. I was also charged my 20% discounts !!! Called Adam and he was very helpful - he will contact my bank and have those charges promptly reversed. So --- I am very patient and relaxed - this did not cause stress - I will hope they will have it all ironed out by the time I return - for I shall!
Tracy

Dear TracySSydney,

Another local shout out! It is so awesome to see our Sydney contingent getting in and enjoying the hotel. It is amazing how even being 10kms from hom in a hotel can feel like a whole different world when you have someone to make your bed for you!

Thanks for all the notes, both positive and those that needed working on. These are definitely fresh hotel hiccups and will level out as the processes become smoother and we gauge what is exactly needed by our guests.

I hoe your hubby had a beautiful birthday and that you might consider making it a yearly thing!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just stayed for two nights along with about 20 others for a business trip. I was amazed when I arrived from the decor in the lobby and stunning room. I wanted just to touch every finish and surface as it was so inviting. I had breakfast which was really 5 star. So delicious and no request was hard for staff to meet.

We made use of the two gorgeous bars as well as the more relaxed 'honestly bar'. I was really blown away by how beautiful this place is, and I could not stop snapping photos of the decor [particularly as I work for an interior finish product so it was so well fit for us to be staying here].

I love the attention to detail - even the music and quirky quotes and sounds played when you arrive at your level. Mini bar was also fantastically stocked and I thought very affordable for a hotel of this calibre [thanks I made great use of this!]

The only two things I can say that may be looked at is I would have really liked the option for some brighter lighting in the bathroom. The mood lighting is beautiful, but putting making on at night was really hard and I could not see very well [maybe a vanity mirror with lighting would be great].

Also the staff were really friendly and nice [and I loved all their clothes and presentation - all gorgeous!], but it took the valet 1 hour and 15 mins to retrieve our car. So we stood out the front the entire time and were told it would only be 15 minutes when we originally called from our room to request it, which unfortunately made us late for an appointment and kept people waiting for us.

All in all, I was very impressed by my stay. My room was a little haven of luxury, which was quiet - I felt like there was no one else on my level! beds were amazing [pillows may be improved a little], bath and shower was spectacular.

I was disappointed I did not have time to visit the spa - but I will def be doing that on my next return.

Unique, beautiful and inviting!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nicky R,

It is so flattering that you created a profile just to review us. Thank you so much for this effort, and also for your gorgeous review.

It is wonderful to hear from a design industry insider that you loved your stay and that we have hit the mark on all our choices.

We will get onto the bathroom lighting issue and make sure that the ladies are able to get their makeup done perfectly!

Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Sydney.