“Fantastic hotel, great service, appealing decor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of QT Sydney

You added QT Sydney to your Saves list
QT Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Market Street | Cnr Market and George Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Portland Vic Australia
“Fantastic hotel, great service, appealing decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Found this new hotel on Expedia and it looked interesting. Well, were we impressed. Quirky Goth/Art Deco type interior. Out there and very different. Top quality furnishings and staff were very helpful and friendly at check-in. Room was very quiet and the bath was lovely.
For a 7 week old hotel. this place is rocking!!
We had breakfast on the sunday and walked upstairs not knowing what to expect and the place was buzzing. i reckon there were around 10 chefs and about the same number of staff buzzing around. All staff were busy and very attentive.
A pleasure to stay and would highly recommend for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Andrew W,

Wehooooooo! You loved it! We see so many couples coming into the hotel for a cheeky weekender and we just know that they are going to love it.

It's like the most gorgeous house you've ever been to, with an owner that it quite eccentric, and a lot naughty!

Hope to see you again asap.

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff who make you feel welcome. I was also affected by the power cut but it was clearly nobody's fault and there was adequate emergency lighting. This is a new hotel, so teething problems are inevitable and the power went out on a Saturday evening, so it's quite understandable that it took a while to get the electricity company out to fix it.

More than making up for it was the attitude of the staff, who were all genuinely nice and apologetic. Also on the plus side was the fact that the power was working in one half of the building, where there was a free bar offering unlimited drinks and cocktails as a way of making up for the problem. Worked for me and I'll stay there again. Great place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dbjbrennan,

Oh, thanks god! A reviewer who thought we did ok during the power cut. Big virtual hug coming your way! I'll pass this on to the team straight away to make sure they know they hit the marl with you while the hotel was without power.

We will definitely have the drill downpat should it ever happen again (fingers crossed it doesn't, because I can tell you that there were a few of us who were wishing we could shine the Batman symbol into the sky that day!).

Big love and thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the QT for just one night last week. Due to a last minute work trip, there was not much accomodation available and the QT seemed to be the cheapest 5 star room in Sydney that night! I must admit that I was somewhat dubious after checking out the website - very busy and looked a little cheap (almost rent a room by the hour sort of look)? But I was so glad that I did stay. Without rehashing everyone else's comments about decor and service, I will say that those comments are spot on. The fitout is amazing and completely unique! The service was brilliant!
There are still a few teething problems but nothing you won't get over in a few minutes. When I rang for room service, no-one answered my numerous calls but when I rang reception, she took my order straight away and was very apologetic and friendly. The room service menu is very limited - this may be deliberate to get you out of your room and into the bars and restaurants on site. What I had was great though!
I have seen comments about only bar of soap in the bathroom and I found the same thing. Somewhat annoying when you have to keep moving the soap between basin and shower but not a big deal in the scheme of things.
The one thing that I do suggest they review are the pillows. All my pillows were foam pillows and far too fat. I much prefer the down pillows. A hotel of this calibre should have a choice of pillows, if not a pillow menu as well.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to justify the rates for future business trips but will definitely be booking in a long weekend for a personal trip! Overall, a fantastic stay and congratulations to the team behind this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Andrea H,

It's awesome that you got to try the hotel! I'm getting that you didn't love the website and that we've got to check out the pillows because they are extra fluffy. We'll have a look at the pillows and see what can be rejigged to make them comfy for everyone (it might even be good to have a couple of more streamlined options available for people if they request them?). Onto it.

We hope that you are able to come and stay with us again while you are having a fun trip to Sydney and thanks so much for the kind comments about the service. They really are a dream team!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

How exciting to find a funky hotel in your own city that reminds me of something I have stayed at in Berlin, Athens or Nice.
Fantastic welcome, did valet parking, pulled up, jumped out, got greeted by happy girl in theatrical uniform and orange hair, lifts had cool snippets of music. Reception area full of fantastic wall design and cool lounges. We had booked a suite and were not disappointed. Comfy bed & pillows, cool art, loved the top hat night light next to our bed, great big bathroom beautiful.
Wherever you look in this hotel you will find brilliant interior design, from the entry, to the rooms, to the hallways to the restaurant.
Love the fact they included old parts of the original building, it really works.
The have put together an amazing selection of staff, every single one was surprisingly knowledgeable and very happy.
Cool bar area, great, simple wine and cocktail list, food in Restaurant seriously hard to top. Really affordable too for what you get.
I cannot remember the last time I had such an all around amazing experience at a hotel.
Would go back without a doubt.

Room Tip: Suites are fantastic
Dear Julia H,

That is such a wonderful hotel experience you described in your review. Far out! I know we sound like we are pushing a company line on here, but it really is that amazing, isn't it!? For people who love design and architecture I just don't think you can beat it!

After all the painstaking placement of every bulb and beaker, a review like yours plasters a big smile on our dials and we are really grateful that you took the time to share it with us.

Thanks so much :)

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I travel to Sydney a 2-3 times every 2 months on average. I tried the QT. It was stunning hotel, however the average nightly rate is just not something I can justify. Will be back for a special occasion or something.

Great beds, pillows, wonderful large bathroom and such. Elevators are cool too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear OzBJM,

Thanks for a great review! We would love to take care of you when you are next in town for a weekend away! Make sure to try out the fun food and spa options at the hotel so you can enjoy your downtime QT Style!

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have to begin by saying that my expectations for QT Sydney were very lofty indeed. Prior to our visit, we stopped by Tripadvisor to read reviews, and spent a lot of time pouring over the QT website. Despite this, our expectations were somehow surpassed.

We stayed only one night, but managed to get a great taste of all that QT offers. Beginning with a Skin Rescue treatment in their spa, it was clear that service standards were sky high, and without a word of a lie, the treatment itself was possibly the most enjoyable, seemlessly executed spa packages I've had the pleasure of partaking in. Hats off to the staff, specifically Lilly, the very brave spa decor, and the experience as a whole.

Next stop, check-in, even though it was before the 2pm check-in time. This was again, seemless, fast and friendly. On our way to our corner suite, it was a pleasure to take in the design detail. Arriving at our enormous, light, and gloriously appointed room, it was clear that the attention to detail wasn't just reserved for the common areas.

Undoubtedly, the thing to be most appreciated about the design of the hotel, is the integrity they've retained from the original Gowing's building. Remnants of these heritage details are in abundance throughout the hotel, and whilst this approach is unlikely to appeal to everyone, it's certainly appreciated by myself and my husband who have spent the last couple of years concerned with what would become of this treasured icon.

The food, and certainly the cocktails, were amazing. I love the fact that their integrity extends beyond design, and can be found in their procurement of produce and their proud support of biodynamic, organic and free range farming practices.

QT Sydney is a very refreshing, welcome addition to Sydney's hotel scene. Fun (did I mention the tailored soundtrack in the lifts?), quirky, and friendly, this hotel has no stuffy pretence, but a whole load of personality that is otherwise lacking. I for one will be on the look out for any and every excuse to return. Starting with a client dinner next weekend.

Love your works guys, keep it up!

Room Tip: Splurge on a corner suite, and don't worry about traffic noise. The double glazing is amazingly...
Dear Tough_Job,

What a brilliant review! Thanks so much for letting us know that you loved your stay.

That's a really fabulous insight into spaQ as well. I can't wait to get in there and try something out. I see ladies coming out of there looking fresh as a daisy and it looks absolutely sublime.

Maybe you could write a little piece for us for our social media! Maybe I'm stretching the friendship :) I hope your client meeting went well, and that we impressed again.

I feel like you are going to be a regular, and I love it!

May your christmas be full of many trips taken with frequent flyer miles.

new zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We loved this hotel. The interior design is fantastic: amazing furniture and fabulous, quirky objects and art. The staff (who were all very attractive) were incredibly helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant and thought the food was great. It also has an amazing location: next to the Pitt Street Mall. Go on, try it!

Dear slb36,

Thanks so much for a short, sharp, and delicious review. Sounds like you got to enjoy the action and the designer decadence of the hotel.

We would love to take care of you again next time you are in the country.

P.S How awesome is the proximity to Pitt Street Mall?! Can't even tell you how many time I've decided I need new shoes at lunch time! 10 minute shopping trip, tops!

QT

Been to QT Sydney? Share your experiences!