“Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, fantastic location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of QT Sydney

Save Saved
You added QT Sydney to your Saves list
QT Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Market Street | Cnr Market and George Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 183 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, fantastic location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our 4 night stay at the QT Sydney was nothing short of pure bliss. The staff went out of their way to make our stay with them one we will certainly remember. Upon checking in we were asked what brought us there and after mentioning it was a holiday to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we were delivered two glasses of champagne and a hand-written anniversary card within minutes of checking into our room! The staff always greeted us with a smile and were more than happy to help out with any questions or recommendations. We ate at the Gowings bar and grill for four different meals and could not fault any of them...the food was fit for a true gourmand! We will definitely be staying here whenever we find ourselves in Sydney. Thank you QT!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear PattifromPerth,

Sounds like a perfect stay all round! Happy anniversary and we are so delighted to have been a part of making it such a wonderful time.

Every time we see a really warm shout out to our staff we know that every effort to pick the nest of the best has been worth it because they really are a dream team!

Hopefully we will get to take care of you same time next year!

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed two nights at the hotel QT Sydney for a weekend getaway and shopaholic trip...
The staff were fantastic. Always attentive, fun and nothing was too much of a hassle. We will stay again just for the service!
The beds were comfy, bath was great (thanks to reception to talking me into the european bath). Coffee pods for first thing really beats instant (thank you so much... saved my sanity!).
The day spa treatment was great. My partner had the shave (the don??) but wasn't as happy unfortunately (but he really did enjoy the steam room).
Amazing decor... amazing staff... We will definately be back soon.

Room Tip: Go for the larger bath unless you are petite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Yvonne P,

You set up a profile just to review us! That is such a magnificent thing to do. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Love that you loved everything. Well, almost everything! I would be really interested in your review of the close shave. It would be the only one I've seen, so if we can improve, we certainly want to. Please email me on sas_rowlands@qthotels.com.au if you have spare minute and let me know what the story is. That way we can have it perfect for him next time.

Thanks again so much. Hope you've checked out the QT Gold Coast! Love that place!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Fantastic Hotel - rooms very funky and lots of little touches that make it so differenf from a traditional hotel room .

The reception area with the gorgeous array of old items from suitcases , tv and many other period items was amazing

Gower Bar and restaurant was also wonderful good selction of cocktials ( thanks Bree ) and food last night was also great
all in all a very sensory experience and one i will not forget

Dear TedHorner,

Personal shout out to Bree! Whoop whoop! Thankyou Ted. I will pass that on for you.

Aren't the design details amazing. Every time I walk into a QT Sydney room I am guaranteed to see something I haven't noticed before. Some of the beakers and vases are unbelievable. It was an incredible build.

We would love to see you back with us Ted. Sounds like you were right at home with us.

All the best of the best to you and yours
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wife and I stayed one night, fortunately we called ahead about check-in parking and arrangements for overnight parking - it gets a bit hairy in Market Street around lunchtime! Check-in was very smooth and the "Chaos Managers" did their jobs with our bags and the car well (after a little nervous confusion at the start about who did what with the car. They'll no doubt get over that once the hotel is more than 5 weeks old). Rooms are a total hoot but finding room 25 on our floor was a trial. It's the only room not mentioned on a directory sign. Loved all the detail stuff in the rooms and the bed was super comfortable and, despite the location, the room was super quiet. That's two out of four of our essentials taken care of. Tip-top cleanliness and tight security are the other two so four out of four for all that. Our fifth star always goes to the fine detail and there are some small "misses" (like two bathroom basins but only one cake of soap and a smoke detector directly over the bed that blinks two lights all night). We'll be back at some stage to enjoy the amazing decor and musical lifts and anticipate that we'll be able to award a perfect score then! Great concept, Qt.

Dear Bloke48,

So cute that you have a pic of your wife as your profile image. When I saw the 'bloke48' I thought there'd be a fishing pic for sure!

Back to business - what an awesome review. Sounds like we nailed it. A few bits and bobs we can fine tune, and I'm betting that we will make short work out of these improvements.

We would love to see you back at the hotel with your lovely lady, and thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.

Happy couples time to you!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The lovely bell staff added to both the sense of 'arrival' and an anticipation of an exciting stay. We found all staff to be friendly and proficient without being overly intrusive. Throughout our stay we enjoyed 'discovering' different decorative items and "objects d'art" that we hadn't previously taken in (check out the evening gown constructed of 1950's type corsets on display in the downstairs coffee shop). Whilst there was an undoubted air of excitement in the hotel we did find when checking out the bar/grill that perhaps we were the wrong 'targeted' age demographic for the hotel. Both levels of the grill were crowded with people obviously enjoying themselves. But the noise level, both music and from guests (perhaps some acoustic mitigation needed), was overwhelming. The wait staff tried to find us a quieter corner but we could not find somewhere where we thought we could hear each other to relax and catch up on one another's day. We enjoyed our room which again felt like there was a lot to discover and also had everything we needed. We also liked the 'retractable' door which allowed one partner to talk to the other whilst one in the bedroom, the other in the bathroom. In summary we very much enjoyed our stay but would have liked to 'eat in' at night in comfort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Sydney, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Beppi from Brisneyland,

I have got to agree with you. The bar and restaurant are absolutely pumping, especially later in the week. We have had some really great, high-level press loving the food and drinks which has meant that these offerings are positively bustling at the moment. Many apologies that you didn't get to chill in at the se venues while you were with us.

As for the the rest of your stay, it sounds like we really hit the mark. The corset dress in the display case at Parlous Lane Roasters is one of my absolutely favourite pieces in the whole hotel. Truly naughty and very on theme with the property.

Next time you visit us, please send me an email at sas_rowlands@qthotels.com.au so we can look at making sure you get to have a relaxed and enjoyable evening. It might even be an extra special in room dining experience built just for you!

Loving that you loved the undies dress.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What an unbelievable property ! Decorated by Lewis Carroll, after he had gone down the rabbit hole, the most surprising mix of colour, objects and textures make the whole property a sensory overload.
The bar was incredible, although the service left a bit to be desired, terrific atmosphere and this place is clearly the place to be seen at the moment.
Front desk and door staff were friendly and informative.
Rooms were like the rest of the property, the only down point was the bathroom. Great layout, although the lack of a door on the toilet might be an issue for some, but awful lighting. I struggled to have enough light to shave in the mornings, even with the curtains in the room thrown wide open.
Overall, a terrific property, I'll definitely be back !

Dear Petefromrye,

When I describe the property to my friends, I always reference Alice in Wonderland. Oversized high backed chairs in the brightest of bright colours, tea sets, costumed staff. I completely agree with you, and I think that is one of the best compliments I have seen written about the property.

I'm delighted that the staff were their gorgeous selves and took wonderful care of you. Even more delighted that they knew their stuff as well! Not just pretty faces, the QT Team!

We've had a few questions about the lighting in the bathrooms. There is a light on the side of the mirrors that creates light specifically for applying makeup and shaving. We might need to give a little pointer out in the rooms methinks, as it's now a proper recurring question mark on this site!

Please come again soon, 'when you're lonely in a world of your (sic) own'!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and I'm sure that no one will find such an interesting designed hotel in whole NSW. The decor is eleven out of ten. The reception staff was fantastic, room and bed are amazing. A great mini bar with every thing you can think of. But the decor is to die for - unbelievable!
My only complaint will be the bell boys and girls standing on the entrance - rude and full of themselves. I came in and out more than 10 times and never got even a nod in the head. They are standing there and talking with each other and just don't care about what is going around them.
Even when I was looking to check in I had to ask for their attention in order to get some help regarding the reception location.
I will love to come back through the back door...

Room Tip: Before you make a booking join their loyalty club so you will get a better rate and a late checkout...
Dear Oron R,

Holy Shazaam! That is one mighty impressive Trip Advisor portfolio you have going there! 61 reviews! I love that you are getting on here and sharing with travellers. Legendary.

Before I address your praise of the hotels design and and internal staffing, I want to say that I am horrified (horrified!) by the staff at the front of the hotel being snobby towards you. I have to say, every time I have been in they have been nothing but nice (yes, I work there so that's not a true representation), but it has been noted in other reviews that they were awesome too. So, I'm thinking we may have:

a) some staff being flirty pants with other staff and forgetting why they are standing there (to take care of you).
b) a serious case of a mass bad service day.
or,
c) an alien invasion. Something like body snatchers. Where our perfectly groomed and painstakingly trained staff were taken over by evil beings who made them forget everything they had learned.

I am betting on a mix of all three. Just kidding, it's probably a little from column a and a little from column b. I will comb through the footage to make sure this is not a regular occurrence, like the creepy lady that I am!.

Now to the good bit - you loved us. You loved the decor, the internal staffing, and the minibar (how good is the petrone!).

Please come back Oran. In fact, let me know when you are coming, and I will watch the monitors to really creep them out! (Just kidding again, sort of).

You're fun and we want you back!
QT

Been to QT Sydney? Share your experiences!