“Sofitel continues to impress...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

You added Sofitel Sydney Wentworth to your Saves list
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61-101 Phillip St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #48 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Sofitel continues to impress...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Recently stayed for two nights and found the service and quality of the hotel to be professional and welcoming and in line with other Sofitel hotels that I have stayed in. They acknowledged my Le Club Platinum membership without any prompting. My room was very clean, with modern furnishings and a very comfortable queen bed. Did not eat in the hotels restaurant but it seemed to be pretty busy most of the time. Pretty central location to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Bonjour,

It was delightful to read your review your review and I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for your needs and offered you everything that you required for a pleasant and trouble-free stay. Receiving feedback from our Le Club Platinum loyalty guests is very important to us and we want to ensure that we provide you with an exceptional service as our valued guest.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Booked a special low rate through their web site each time I stayed there over 3 years and each time was more expensive due to higher AUD, therefore compared to other similar European properties of the Sofitel brand was expensive.
The hotel itlself looks dull from inside but once you get inside the common areas are beautiful and superbly maintained. The reception is sophisicated as well as the nearby bar and restaurant.
I experienced a special feeling all over this hotel which is a special smell which I cannot describe. I experienced this feeling as well with all linen in my room. I stayed in several rooms, sometimes had to change rooms too, but the scent was there. It was in the detergent used for washing. Brilliant!
I was assigned each and every time the same type of room and the same number but the floor. The size was small but in a different shape (like triangular) with a large king bed. The view was to the wall of the same hotel building so no views! That was probably due to the rate paid.?
But hey, the room was excellent, with nice TV programmes, working desk, wonderful bathroom and fridge.
I did not eat in the hotel but had a nice sushi dinner in my room, bought in a nearby shop!
The coffee and the cream was complimentary, but the internet was expensive and did not use it at all. The business centre Pc s were not free either.
The hotel has no pool nor spa, which was a pitty.
The staff was second to none, on all occasions. They were proactive, helpful, professional, smart and impecably dressed and groomed.
I forgot some clothing in another Sofitel in Melbourne where I stayed on the night before, but the bellboy and conceirge arranged everything, so the parcel was delivered FREE of charge to my room in 3 days!! Thank you very much, it was one of the best things I ever experienced!
The only thing that was annoing was noisy neighbours in next rooms and I was awoken meny times during several visits at this house!

Defenitely a perfect location for exploring Sydney by foot.
I would have rated it 5* but with no pool, spa and small room, it is a superior 4+!

Room Tip: Try the rooms off elevators and at far end of the corridor for a better sleep
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bonjour,

It was delightful to read your review your review and I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for your needs and offered you everything that you required for a pleasant and trouble-free stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and please rest assured that I will pass your comments on to our entire team and am certain that it will serve as motivation as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Sofitel over several years and it continues to provide great, understated service and some of the best beds I have slept in. The staff are consistently welcoming. Rooms can vary in size and quality. The TV is on the small side. They care about their customers and will try to address problems that inevitably arise. I would also recommend the Radisson.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour,

Many thanks for sharing your comments about our Hotel. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel and that are staff were able to be of assistance to you. It is through positive comments such as yours that our staff are encouraged to continue striving to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth? Share your experiences!