“The perfect hotel for a birthday celebration” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Sydney Wentworth to your Saves list
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61-101 Phillip St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Receive up to 30% Off
Ranked #36 of 182 hotels in Sydney

3,229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We are Accor members and were able to take advantage of a special offer that gave us excellent value for money and we were well looked after, even though the hotel was booked out with a large delegation from China.
Great hotel in central location

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Bonjour,

It was delightful to read your review your review and I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for your needs and offered you everything that you required for a pleasant and trouble-free stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and please rest assured that I will pass your comments on to our entire team and am certain that it will serve as motivation as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Rotorua, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked our honeymoon to Australia thru a travel agent and had the selection of numerous hotels to choose from but chose to stick with Accor as we have had a long and enjoyable track record with them and know that they always work towards a high bench mark.

Since it was our honeymoon we decided to chose the Sofitel on name only with out doing any research as we had been so busy and had assumed we would not be disapointed and decided to pay the extra to be upgraded to the superior king.

Before I start with the things that disappointed us I think its only fair I share the qualities of the hotel that convinced us not to give the Sofitel a lower rating:

-Concierge were great to deal with and extremely helpful.
-The breakfast was world class.(bar the long queue to be seated and the place being short staffed on a saturday morning)
-Lobby was well designed and gave an enjoyable welcome
-There was a nice bottle of bubbles, strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce on our arrival.
-Convenient Location

Now on to the things that really let the place down and put a dampner on the week of our honeymoon we were in Sydney;

-THE BED WAS HORRIBLE!!! it was so worn down in 2 spots we might as well have been in single beds.

-The bathroom was ridiculous, Stupid curved walls reducing potential space, cumbersome mini double doors and a tiny bath tub.
-As we said we upgraded to a superior king so we would hate to see how tight a king would be.
-Carpet in the bedroom was long over due to be replaced,(public areas as expected)
-Not only was the build quality/finish in the room below what I would expect of a Sofitel or any other 5 star hotel but the furniture was heavily warn and the edge laminate of desk had peeled away leaving daggy exposed MDF.

In summary we enjoyed our stay in Sydney as we were right in the thick of it and the concierge sent us to some great places to eat, drink and explore but we never really felt like we wanted to rush back to our room for that luxurious experience we were craving.

Room Tip: Do a little research and I am sure you will find a much better place to go in Sydney for a romantic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Bonjour,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I am disappointed that your experience did not live up to your, and our, expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your stay and invite you to contact me on h3665-gm02@sofitel.com or 02 9228 9188 so that we can focus our attention on improving our offering for future guests.

I am very sorry that we have failed in giving you an enjoyable and memorable stay most especially during your honeymoon. We are known for our fantastic "My Bed" being very comfortable but after reading your feedback, you certainly did not enjoy your bedding which we have addressed with our Housekeeping team to investigate.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am most pleased that the location was convenient for you and that you found the services of our Concierge team memorable. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed on to them.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I just love staying at the Sofitel.
I regularly travel and stay at many five star hotels around Australia for business and I have to say this is one of the best. This is also the preferred stay for most of our office too.
The beds are just like sleeping on clouds, the service I have found to be excellent and I know the staff really do care about you. On this point it is the staff who can make your experience depending on their professionalism and ability to just welcome you in a friendly manner, especially after little sleep, high intensity work and commuting via flights, taxi etc. Thanks for this :)
I am booked in again and looking forward to a longer stay in September.
Cheers,
Michael D

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour,

It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am most pleased that the location was convenient for you and that you found the services of ou team memorable. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed on to them. I was also very glad to read that you enjoyed our Sofitel ‘My Bed’, which are a feature of all Sofitel Hotels.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to serving you once again at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Townsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

An overnight stay whilst in transit to Adelaidte. I had booked weeks previously for a room with 2 x double beds -was travelling with a friend. The day before I received a call from Reservations Manager to advise the booking was not available with the 2 x double beds. They could upgrade but it would be a king bed plus a rollerway (I should mention Sofitel it my preferred choice of accommodation in Sydney and Brisbane - mainly for their most comfortable beds) As my friend had not had the "my Bed" experience with Sofitel I gave her the large bed and I slept on the most uncomfortable rollerway. We were offered as compensation 2 x complimentary drinks (these were appreciated after a long day of travel) and complimentary breakfast the next morning. We advised we would be departing at 7.00am the next morning and were told breakfast starts at 6.30am. On upon arrival at the restaurant at 6.30am we were told by the staff that breakfast was not available till 7.00am..so we missed out. All in all a big disappointing stay from a 5 star hotel...I have to stay this is my first stay at a Sofitel which has been unsatisfactory but I was quite disappointed in the way it was handled.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bonjour,

It is with sincere regret that I read your comments regarding your Sofitel experience. I cannot apologise enough for the issues that you encountered and I encourage you to contact me directly to further discuss your stay on h3665-gm02@sofitel.com or 02 9228 9188. Your comments have certainly highlighted a number of areas of concerns and please rest assured that your feedback has been addressed with our management team.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is through honest and constructive feedback such as yours that we are able to better improve the service we offer our guests. I truly hope that your experience has not impaired your trust in Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel again for a truly magnifique stay.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth? Share your experiences!