“Great Place For An Overnighter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

You added Sofitel Sydney Wentworth to your Saves list
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61-101 Phillip St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #48 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney
“Great Place For An Overnighter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and each time the experience has been great.

The staff'sriendly French greeting as well as the beautiful scent in the foyer is always a nice beginning to the stay.

The rooms are clean and the beds are the best I have ever slept in. The location of the hotel is central to everything.

The first time we stayed we had dinner in the hotels restaurant and this was quite nice, the breakfast however was fairly basic and I would recommend a trip down to the rocks for a nice breakfast with a view instead of the buffet on offer. I am not a fan of breakfast buffets and much prefer being cooked something fresh and hot.

Also, the mini-bar is quite over priced (as are most mini-bars), there is a convenience store across from the hotel and it is much cheaper to buy your snacks and drinks from there.

The valet parking is very expensive however not much can be done about that.

Room Tip: If you want more space, upgrade your room from a basic to the delux suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I was very pleased to read your comments regarding your Sofitel experience and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of the Sofitel Standards including Sofitel scent and the French greeting and glad to hear that you were pleased by those feature of all Sofitel Luxury Hotels.

It is disappointing that you were not able to enjoy our breakfast buffet, however I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel to experience this in the near future as we also do offer a la carte menu for the hot breakfast upon request.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed 4 nights here on a work trip, the mattress of the king bed was terrible, I should have asked to change rooms after the first night but didn't want to make a fuss. There was a major dip on both sides of the bed so it was very uncomfortable and disappointing for a 5 star hotel. The rooms also need a refurb. Room service menu pretty limited. Staff however were lovely.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I was disappointed to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations due to some aspects. We are currently planning the refurbishment throughout the hotel including the beds, and I trust you should be able to notice a marked improvement in future. I also have brought your comments regarding In Room Dining Menu to the attention of our Director of Food and Beverage and Head Chef so that they can investigate further to improve it. I am however, delighted that you felt our staff are lovely.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I travel a lot for business and spend at least 4 months a year in different hotels around the world and this is definitely one of the best! From the ease and friendliness of check-in, to the room upgrade, to the level of service, to the comfort of bed.
Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Many thanks for sharing your comments about our Hotel. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel and that are staff were able to be of assistance to you. It is through positive comments such as yours that our staff are encouraged to continue striving to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel was well located , taxies were very accessable and the hotel facilities were very good, staff were very helpful and friendly. Shops and circular quay were walking distance. The breakfast was very nice and we had dinner there one night which was also very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I was very pleased to read your comments and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we constantly strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations and I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the products and services available at the Hotel. Our Hotel certainly is centrally located and I was also glad to ready that its location was convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth soon.

Berowra Waters, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed the night as we were attending the Rose of Tralee Ball.

The venue was superb and of high standard, our room for the night was immaculate, beds so comfortable. It really was a home away from home.

This is something we have been used to at other Sofitel accommodation, however it is great to see, once again, our expectation wasn't tampered. The breakfast and food while dining at the ball was second to none.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

It was most pleasing to read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the true Sofitel experience at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth as well. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed on to all our staff as I know it will be the great encouragement to them. I was also very glad to read that you enjoyed our Sofitel ‘My Bed’, which are a feature of all Sofitel Hotels.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel; it is in a great location and is a make over of a hotel dating back to the 1960's. Some of it shows but on the whole it is OK. Greetings always in French. Seems to have lots of airline staff there. It is very competitive at the high end. In this regard, this hotel makes the grade but does not really excel. It is also priced fairly high up the food chain.

Room Tip: Suitable if you have a car to park. Discounted rate excellent value.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that the Hotel was conveniently located for your needs. I am most appreciative of your comments on hotel grade and the price and will share it with our management team.

Again, thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Location excellent for the Opera House. Soiree a relaxed option for pre-dinner drinks or a light meal . Garden Court a lovely dining venue with good wine options by the glass to complement the menu.Spacious well appointed room and a seriously comfortable bed.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
It is with great pleasure that I read your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. I am delighted that your enjoyed your experience and I am most pleased that we lived up to your expectations. We are very proud of the Soiree Lounge and are delighted that you enjoyed it and were able to enjoy its offerings.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth for another truly ‘magnifique’ experience.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth? Share your experiences!