“Total Luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Sydney Wentworth to your Saves list
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61-101 Phillip St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #37 of 183 hotels in Sydney
Espoo, Finland
“Total Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel offered one of those "whoa" - moments when entering the lobby. Beautiful, big, but still peacefull lobby, gave us a hint what's coming. Genuine friendliness by the staff. excellent concierge team, you just gotta love them! I enjoyed one of the suites on the 9th floor, beautiful! I wish I could've stayed longer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I was delighted to read your comments and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we constantly strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations and I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

3,421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Position was excellent, walking distance to most venues. Staff very attentive and courteous. Another comfortable chair would of been welcome in room. Buffet breakfast was sumptious, waiting staff once again delightful. Check in and out was made easy.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, April 21, 2013

At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we constantly strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations and I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the products and services available at the Hotel, such as Garden Court Restaurant.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sofitel Wentworth for my husbands 40th birthday and had a beautiful evening. We had an easy check in and received a complimentary drink at the bar downstairs, which was very comfortable. We then went back upstairs to get ready for dinner and found complimentry champagne, strawberries and chocolate, which was an absolute suprise and just lovely.
The rooms while on the small side were comfortable, and our room was very quiet. The bed was sublime, so soft- I want one! I also loved the location as in the morning we got up and went for a walk around Circular Quay, the Opera House and Botanic Gardens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It is with great pleasure that I read your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

I am delighted that your enjoyed your experience and I am most pleased that we lived up to your expectations.

It is always wonderful to read that our guests enjoy the Sofitel My Bed; a feature of all Sofitel hotels world wide and that we were able to celebrate a special occasion.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Loved this stay. Location is fantastic. Service is friendly. We were looked after with complimentary champagne, strawberries & chocolates as it was my mum's 60th birthday. Only fall back was mum n dad's room wasn't the cleanest which was very disappointing but we were compensated with free breaky the next morning. Our room was of the the standard you can expect from the Sofitel brand. Overall, we will definitely be staying here again. Especially if we can get it at $125/night again!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

While I am very pleased that you were impressed with the service and were able to celebrate within our hotel; I sincerely apologise for the cleanliness of your parents rooms. I will certainly share your comments with our housekeeping team to better ensure the Sofitel standard.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Fantastic location for easy access to Circular Quay, The Rocks, City Shops, State Library, Art Gallery, Botanical Gardens and Opera House precinct. All easy access by walking.
Rooms quiet and very comfortable if a little on the small side for 5 star hotel but food, position and service make up for this minor detail. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows are heaven! We thoroughly enjoyed our too brief stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to share you lovely comments.

I am most pleased that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and that your stay lived up to your expectations. I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for you and am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel ‘My Bed’, a feature of all Sofitel Luxury Hotels.

Again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. The room was clean, the quality of the bed was high. I had a wonderful night sleep. As I had business in the city the location was excellent, it was an easy walk to the office.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I was most pleased to read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience. Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

The Hotel certainly is centrally located and I am glad that this was convenient for your needs. I am also pleased that you enjoyed you Sofitel ‘My Bed’ experience. The ‘My Bed’ is a feature of all Sofitel Luxury Hotels and enjoyed by many around the world.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was put in a pokey room next to the lift shaft and had an awful night's sleep due to the constant movement of the lift. When I checked out I was not asked if I enjoyed my stay so I didn't bother to tell the disinterested staff about my experience. No comparison between the rooms and service I have expereinced in Brisbane and Melbourne at the same price. Bad bad bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I am disappointed that your experience did not live up to your, and our, expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your stay and invite you to contact me on h3665-gm02@sofitel.com so that we can focus our attention on improving our offering for future guests.

Thank you again for your comments and I do hope to hear from you in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth? Share your experiences!