“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

You added Sofitel Sydney Wentworth to your Saves list
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61-101 Phillip St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase Offer
Ranked #46 of 184 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had been a little concerned after reading some of the reviews for this hotel but I had a lovely stay. The reception staff were helpful from check-in onwards, the room was lovely and I had no issue with size of room. I upgraded to Club and it was well worth the money, the staff in the clubhouse were friendly, helpful and made you feel very welcome. The concierge tried to help plan a trip for me but unfortunately it was a little short notice but he then went on to offer some alternative solutions.
I am due to return there on the 16th February 2013 with my daughter to celebrate her 21st and I cant wait.
Thank you to all of the staff there for making my stay so enjoyable

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. I am truly delighted that our location was suitable for you and that you had the opportunity to experience our Club Sofitel offering, which is certainly something that we are very proud of.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate in February.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Sofitel Wentworth hotel is an ideal place to stay whilst in Sydney either on business or for pleasure. We stayed there for 3 nights as a sightseeing short break. The hotel is situated in the financial district of Sydney which is basically a short 5 minute stroll to circular quays of which to the right you have the Sydney Opera house and to the left, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and 'The Rocks' - beautiful. The hugh shopping centres are appox 10 mins walk whilst Darling Harbour is a further 5/10 minutes stroll from there. This is a perfect location for all the sightseeing trips in and around Sydney.
The hotel itself was great, the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. When we asked for more towels (as there were 3 of us in the room) we were provided with more towels. Furthermore whilst there, it was my father-in laws 70th birthday treat and to our surprise a basket was provided in their room with champagne, strawberries and chocolate - what a lovely gesture!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will definitely return to the Sofitel on our next Sydney trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed the birthday celebrations and Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. I am delighted that the Hotel was conveniently located for you and that the service provided to you was of standard.

Again, I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your comments and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Griffith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel Wentworth for 1 night when I was in Sydney for a work seminar. The French welcome was lovely. My room was beautiful, nice bath, and very clean. I enjoyed my short stay very much!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience; thank you for taking the time to write.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future for another positive stay.

Kindest Regards
Broome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife & I were 1st timers in Sydney. We found the location was excellent, just a short stroll down to Circular Quay. I'm glad we got a bonus night's stay because I would have been dissapointed with the price for what the room was. It really was just very adequate, nothing flash just a nice bed, no view just the buildings across the road. Would we stay here again?... absolutely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of your complementary night and I thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased that the location of our Hotel was convenient for your needs and that you enjoyed your Sofitel ‘My Bed’.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming back on your next stay.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth? Share your experiences!