A friend & I stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend.
We chose it due to the proximity to Central Station & the fact that it was one of the few affordable hotels with both a pool & a gym. Most hotels we looked at had one or the other.
We got there at 11:30am & were happy to find that the room was ready- we didn't have to wait until 2:00pm to go up. They offered to split the bed into two singles, which we accepted. It took until about 3:00pm, but we didn't mind- we went shopping.
The room looked exactly as it looked in pictures from their website. It's very clean, but they don't supply many toiletries (a bath but no bubble bath or body wash?). The beds were very comfortable.
I'd seen lots of noise complaints with this hotel on TripAdvisor, but it's just normal street noise. We were on the 7th floor overlooking Central Station, where it's most noisy, but it's easy to sleep through. It's just part of being in a city.
A guy at the desk booked zoo tickets for us, which I appreciated, & they held our bags for us when we checked out.
All in all a good stay. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Priceline, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney