The location is near the train station, and a nice walk to many areas in the central business district, with the bonus of being quiet. the rooms are nice and spacious, but as other reviewers mentioned, some of the finishes are worn -- for instance the bathroom door is rusted with breaks at the bottom, which doesn't affect the integrity of it, but it is just not something you'd see at a top notch hotel.
The biggest nuisance is the exorbitant charges for internet access. If you purchase the daily rate for internet, it only applies to one device, meaning you can't switch between your ipad, computer or phone, unless you buy separate plans for each. At $22 per day, that's way too much, and who wants to buy hourly plans continuously? Not ideal for a business traveler who needs to work from the room for a few hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, getaroom.com, ACCOR, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney