“Charged me Double now wont give it back!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rydges Sydney Central

You added Rydges Sydney Central to your Saves list
Rydges Sydney Central
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Albion St | Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia (Formerly The Sebel Surry Hills)   |
Ranked #74 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Charged me Double now wont give it back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed there for a wedding, They charged me twice for the room and an extra $100 bond and now wont give it back just keep ignoring me which is highly unacceptable especially when i told the staff member on check out i had already been charged and she proceeded to ignore me and charge me again. It felt like an expensive formula one, the water pump in four of the rooms that we used made the most awful noises all night.

Room Tip: Go across the bridge (North Sydney) you get the same view and entire apartment / Suit for half the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sebel S, Front Office Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Sam664

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am very disappointed to read about the problem that occurred during your stay. I would certainly like to resolve the problem and discuss the details of your stay further so that we can ensure a problem like this does not occur in the future. If convenient please call the hotel on 02 9289 0000 and ask to speak to myself, or email H8792-FO@accor.com and we will contact you to discuss.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Kind regards
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here in the past and enjoyed ourselves then. This time was no different. The staff were great and the room was large, clean and comfy. My only criticism is that there was no low dryer. Really unusual for a four and a half star hotel. Regardless we will stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

A decent hotel for a one night stay, was upgraded to a deluxe sweet.. (Wouldn't want to see a standard room) as the deluxe was nothing to brag about. Comfortable and clean besides the bed, I read that you have to be lucky to get a comfortable bed, unfortunately this didn't happen to me, waah! Staff were kind, rooms were clean, parking overnight was expensive.

Recently stayed at Citigate central and I feel for the same star rating it was much more conveniently located with larger more comfortable rooms

• Stayed November 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in Oct. From reception staff to restaurant to housekeeping, everyone was so helpful and professional. We arrived very early in the morning, but a room was made available for us. Reception staff explained all the amenities of the hotel and local area with good recommendations for restaurants and attractions. Free wifi in the room was great. Best service came from manager, Luke Kingston, who looked after all arrangements when I became ill and needed hospital treatment. Cannot thank him enough for his help. Hotel's Pub next door looked after my husband and son very well too!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sebel S, Front Office Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Julia D

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Sebel Surry Hills Sydney. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team, especially Luke. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Rooms Division Manager
The Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
Newcastle NSW, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Purchased this room on Wotif as a mystery. Not sure if it lived up to the 5 stars they gave it. Room was clean and tidy. Check in wad quick. Tv reception was terrible with static coming through the channels. Felt more 4 star then 5, but horses for courses I guess. We used this as a spring board to the international airport and it was quite good for that. The best thing was the beds. Probably the most comfortable king motel bed I've ever slept in.

• Stayed October 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights (17-19 October 2012) on the morning of the 18th, the fire alarm sounded at 6 a.m. We vacated our room and saw some guests vacate their rooms too but no staff was in sight. Guests were outside waiting for the fire trucks to leave as it was a only false alarm but we didn't receive any explanation or apology from the staff on what happened - it felt like they didn't really care about their guests. There was also drilling and hammering during the day (reception said the rooms were being maintained). Overall, okay... but bed is lumpy. I gave it two stars only because room service was prompt and at least their fire alarm works.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sebel S, Front Office Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Mrs D

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Sebel Surry Hills. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel.

Front Office Manager
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

l have been going to sydney for about 20 years over the past 4 years have been spending time in the city. Have stayed at many 4* & 5* places. For my last 5 visits have stayed at the seble in Surry Hills l have highly recommended this place over the past few travels, but this visit was a disaster. The sleep quality the beds is really bad, most beds are 2 x singles which the join and add some sort of pillow top then a matress protecter (which was really old) and then a sheet, unfortunately this does not work the bed had a large hump to the centre, and sags its like sleeping in a boat. For 2 nights l did not fall asleep before 3am, my room was changed 3 times past midnight. Never again.

Room Tip: 904 aircon really bad fan very load. 801 dont bother very small room and broken bed 818 first nigh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear papas1983

Front Office Manager

Been to Rydges Sydney Central? Share your experiences!