“1 IMAX every IMAX” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #91 of 415 Activities in Sydney
Type: Movie Theaters, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: SEE MORE, HEAR MORE, FEEL MOREIMAX is the ultimate movie experience. With crystal clear images towering eight stories high, and 15,000 watts of digital surround sound, IMAX has the power to take you to places you may have only dreamed of visiting.Located in the heart of Darling Harbour, the IMAX Theatre Sydney is home to the WORLD'S LARGEST CINEMA SCREEN! With a wide variety of stunning blockbuster feature films and classic IMAX documentaries - screened in both 2D and 3D - IMAX has something to suit all ages and interests. Climb with adventurers to some of the world's highest peaks. Experience the weightlessness of space alongside astronauts. Dive into the undersea world of the most fearsome great white sharks. Only IMAX lets you feel like you're really there!
Mexico City, Mexico
27 attraction reviews
“1 IMAX every IMAX”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Is like any other IMAX around the world, so just pick the right movie and there is no way you will not enjoy it :)

Visited June 2012

Karur, India
9 attraction reviews
“Get a Good Seat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We got to see two movies - Hobbit 3d and Skyfall in a span of a few days and there was a big difference in our experience between the two mainly because we got a very good seating for one of the movie and the other one was near the end in one of the bottom rows. So, make sure that you get good seats especially given how much we pay for the tickets.

Sydney, Australia
“3D movies a bit too much...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Watched The Hobbit in 3D here. Amazing movie and effects, however screen was too big to fully appreciate the 3D experience. Had to remove glasses a few times to give my eyes a break! Otherwise cool place to go.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“fall over”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

It was so dark inside before the movie that I almost fell over trying to get to my seat. The show began later than the stared time. After the show it was dark I almost fell again. Also when I put my complaint through online the person did not answer satisfactorily

Frome, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I saw The Hobbit here and it was an amazing experience. My daughter had bought brilliant seats but it is my impression that everyone really rated the experience. It felt like you were in the film or on a ride. There was a moment where I thought I would get motion sick but that passed quickly and I became totally absorbed. I just loved it and can't recommend it highly enough. In fact on my return home I went with my other children to an Imax near our home to see the same film. I don't think I want to see a film any other way now! The 3D effects are brilliant and really enhanced the whole cinema experience.