It is exceptional for my wife and I to return to the same restaurant twice when we are on vacation. The pub's lamb burger is heaven, the beer divine, its claim to being the oldest pub in Sydney unverifiable--2 others make the same claim--but the claim to best beer, I have no doubt!
You can't make reservations that I know of but perhaps if you're a guest at the hotel you may. We were there only for the food and beer. You walk in and hope to find a seat or, stand and drink if you're not having food.
We ran into a couple English expats living in Sydney who said this bar is their favorite English style pub. I can see why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydneys Oldest Continually Licensed Hotel and Microbrewery. Brewers of fine natural ales, purveyors of delicious pub and restaurant fare and boutique accommodation. Established 1841. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel
- Lord Nelson Brewery Sydney