“Forget what it costs ... memories are priceless!” 5 of 5 stars

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
121 attraction reviews
“Forget what it costs ... memories are priceless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

This was our second BridgeClimb and it was just as exhilarating as the first. How lucky we were to have the perfect weather. Our climb started at 8.55am and by the time we did the safety briefing, geared up and climbed, sunshine on a breathtaking harbour greeted us at the summit. Every one of our group of 11 was gobsmacked! Our guide was informative and fun and all of us had the best time. Yes, it is expensive but so are so many other worldwide attractions too. When you consider the preparation, safety and insurance that covers something as unique as this, you can appreciate the high cost. Don't worry if you're afraid of heights, it's not an issue as the walkways are actually wider than you'd think. You also get plenty of rest stops so you won't get too out-of-breath. I'll never tire of doing the BridgeClimb and am already thinking about doing the night climb. Do yourself a treat if you are in Sydney, because really there's nothing else like it. As for memories, the kind in your heart are priceless however the material kind i.e photos are something else. You will receive a certificate and a 'group' picture complimentary, however for those individual pictures for show and tell .. well, they'll cost you around another $50!

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“The whole world, in your hands...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Even if you're not a fan of heights, this is well worth the climb - it's the best view of Sydney and possibly even the best I saw in Australia. I'll always remember being at the top - it really was magical :-)

Sydney, Australia
“Got to do this - at least once.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Although I live in Sydney, I did think about climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the beloved "coat hanger", which is the epithet Sydneysiders give to the main link between northern and southern Sydney. My cousin-in-law from overseas did it in 2006, but didn't sway me. My wife was looking for something different and unique, so she chose the Bridge Climb for me.
In summary, you enter at the office and present your booking, sign the disclaimer form, and then are briefed on the procedure before you change into your jumpsuits and protective equipment prior to the climb. There are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 hour (x2) options); we chose the former.
All the way along the climb, each climber is secured to a harness system/ From the southern approach along the Bradfield Highway, one climbs a stairwell inside the pylon (which by the way, serves no structural purpose) to the level of the roadway, then on the inner (main arch), then a flight of steps to the outer arch, eventually reaching the summit, where a group photo is taken. The return journey is taken on the opposite Western side. All in all, the 2 1/2 hour passes quickly. Once you reach the apex, the sense of exhilaration maked you forget about the effort expended in reaching the top. It was a clear day, and one can see all 650 Sydney suburbs.
Worth doing at least once. Twilight is the most expensive, as you see the sunset, and the city lights coming on. As the company have a monopoly on this business, the only complimentary photo is the group photo taken at the top; others cost extra, but can be accessed on a website for one month after the climb. Photos can be purchased either hard copy or on CD ROM.
By the way, you are given free tickets for the pylon lookout, which has been running for a long time, as I remember visiting it as a child.

Sunnyvale, California
5 attraction reviews
“The best views of Sydney!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I had a great time and I would recommend this anyone visiting Sydney! Our guides were great, good sense of humor and great stories about the bridge/Sydney. We did the sunset climb which was beautiful! There are two drawbacks to be aware of, it is pricey and they do not allow you to take your own pictures so you have to buy theirs in the end if you want them.

Texas
32 attraction reviews
“Wow! Amazing! Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Yes, it's worth every penny. I'm a bit nervous of heights but once I got across the catwalk at the beginning and up those darn ladders I had the time of my life. I spent more (around $60) at the end to get four photos of myself on a CD, figuring prints would get creased in my luggage. The weather was perfect and in the afternoon the sun is in the best position to get nice blue sky over the opera house and the city skyline. I don't know that I'd do it again ('cause of those ladders) but I can honestly say I'm glad I did it.