“Gotta do it one time - but it costs lots of $$$” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BridgeClimb

BridgeClimb
5 Cumberland St | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (City Centre)
61 0 2 8274 7777
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Home Base - Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Gotta do it one time - but it costs lots of $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Climbed the Bridge yesterday with my daughter. I had always wanted to do this on one of my many trips to Sydney. Yesterday was the day. The process started at 9:15 in the morning and we finished at noon. The entire experience is very well organized and led. The views are wonderful and different. My main objection is that there is too much waiting around once you start the climb. You walk for a bit, then you wait for a while. This pattern repeats itself too often and as a result for us it took away from the experience. I am glad I did the climb, however it is not something that I would do again given the cost (very expensive) and all the waiting around.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
los angeles
11 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

I had a great trip to Australia, and this was definitely one of the highlights. When I first heard about the Sydney BridgeClimb, I didn't understand it. It sounded so difficult and dangerous, I worried I wouldn't be able to do it....In truth, it's much easier and more fun than I'd expected. Our guide was friendly and encouraging, and she pointed out details of Sydney, of the bridge, and explained some things about the experience (no personal cameras, no watches, nothing that could be dropped on the cars below; the jumpsuits are part of the contract that climbers will not wear anything that might distract drivers, etc.) I'd read a few reviews where people balked at the price, griped about the no-camera ban... Forget about those folks. It's not cheap, but it's an unforgettable experience, and I paid the extra money for a photo of myself on the bridge, which has impressed all my friends. I feel like I want to do this every time I go to Sydney, but at different times of the day. I loved it.

Broomfield, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

This was SO worth the cost! Something I will remember for the rest of my life! If you are trying to plan your trip around sunset, be advised there is about a 30-40 minute "gear up" time. You are fitted in your suits and equipment, then do a sample climb up some stairs before you even touch the bridge. We missed the sunset, but the city at night was amazing!

Salem, Massachusetts
“Absolutely the best thing in Sydney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I've wanted to do the Bridgeclimb since it first started in 2008, and finally for my most recent birthday, I did! It was well worth the wait and the most fantastic experience I've had in Australia. Luckily we had a perfect day weatherwise, with a great team leader (Damien). It's a very smooth, professional operation, and never once did I feel unsafe. And once you get to the top, those views are just amazing.

I'm no athlete but would say that to do this you would have to be reasonably fit, as there's not just the incline of the bridge to ascend but narrow passageways and skinny ladders getting to the climb itself. Be sure to check out the Bridgeclimb website for the details but honestly, if I managed it, anyone can!

I'm totally flummoxed as to the reviews that say don't bother, it's too expensive, not worth it...WHAT?! It's worth every cent and what's more, I would pay to do it again. Nothing else in Sydney - and maybe even Australia - compares to it. Cannot say enough positive things about the whole experience!

US
4 attraction reviews
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Let me start off by saying, I enjoyed the bridge climb, BUT not for the price. There are some awesome views of the harbor, but I don't feel it was worth the price. You can get the same views from the pylon for a fraction of the price ($10 for adults, $4 for children). What you're paying for with the bridge climb is the novelty of being on the bridge. I suggest getting the view from the pylon & taking a harbor cruise. You'll pay the same price for a family of four on the harbor cruise as you will for one person on the bridge climb.

Also, with the climb, you can't take your own cameras with you so the only way you can get photos is to purchase them from the company which they took during the climb. One photo costs $25 for print & $30 if you get it on CD. Each photo after that is $10 each regardless of whether you get it as a print or put on the CD (which is ridiculous because it doesn't cost anymore to put any additional photos on a CD). I recommend if you're with a group to pay for one print & scan it when you get home so everyone can have a copy. Complete scam.

Bottom line, it was ok, but I wouldn't do it again unless I got an awesome deal on it.