“Great base for exploring - relaxed and modern” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown Street

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown Street to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown Street
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   359 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia   |
Ranked #42 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great base for exploring - relaxed and modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Adina was the perfect base for a week away in Sydney on business - great rooms that were tidy, airy, clean and well thought out! Very nicely decorated too. The service was friendly but not overzealous which is just the way I like it. They were there if you needed them, but stayed out of your way otherwise. Good pool and gym facilities. Room service from Bills was excellent! Bills food is amazing, definitely try it, although the service in store could be better. My room was off Crown Street but still close by nd had no noise issues
Perfect location to try the many bars and restaruants in Surrey Hill

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joseph S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown Street, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Ashley F,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street.
I am pleased to read that you found the location of the hotel to be perfect and our rooms to be tidy, clean and nicely decorated. Thank you also for your comments in regards to the service I will make sure this is passed onto our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina in the future.
Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tamworth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Located on Crown Street and close to Oxford Street, the Adina offers the convenience of an apartment with kitchen and laundry facilities, together with a living/dining area and separate bedroom. Although Crown street is busy, I didn;t find it too noisy, although I did not use the small balcony off my third floor bedroom.

Downstairs are three excellent and well regarded restaurants: bill's (available as room service), Marque and Billy Kwong's (with Kylie Kwong's innovative Chinese cuisine). There are lots of other restaurants and cafes within an easy walk.with cuisine ranging from Vietnamese to Mexican and all points in between!

Cabs are readily available on Crown Street, as well as bus services to the CBD which is also in easy walking distance, It is also very convenient for Randwick Racecourse or the Eastern suburbs and beaches. Access is also easy from the airport

There's also a small complimentary gym and a pool.

I will certainly stay here again as it is clean, reasonably priced, well located and not as confined as normal hotel room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear morewindOZ,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street.
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a handy location and hope you had the chance to experience some of the great restaurants we have in such close proximity to the hotel.
The team and I are so pleased we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Adina is perfectly located on Crown street amongst great pubs and restaurants and is an easy walk into town or Paddington. Having Bill's restaurant downstairs is a bonus as its a great place to have brunch or for a meal with friends. Our room was a bit tired with a few niggles but generally ok. We did feel a lack of warmth or hospitality, it seemed like unless you were handing over money there was no connection with staff, no smiles, no acknowledgement on entry etc. We don't necessarily go looking for this but it was noticeably absent in this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear NFitzdelfini,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel with all the great pubs and restaurants close by, however I am disappointed to hear the service you received during your encounter with the front desk did not meet your expectations and would like to apologise. We do take pride in our guest service so I was surprised to read we were not up to standards on your stay.
I want to thank you again for your feedback. We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit is up to the Adina standard we pride ourselves on.
Please contact me directly on 02 8302 1000 if you wish to discuss you stay in more detail.
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Close to lots of great dining options, spacious modern apartments, city view available.

Must eat at Bills downstairs for relaxed modern australian food.

Close to walk into city or jump in a taxi to waterfront or bondi (both 5-10 mins away). Lots of cafes, shops etc nearby and not too "touristy!"

Only place we stay in sydney now!

Park across the road too if you have kids with you and an out door pool area. If taking little ones to sydney hire a car with car seats as taxis will not pick you up!

Room Tip: Some city view rooms have a huge outdoor terrace... try and get one!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Becowens,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments about your recent stay at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write it.
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be the perfect location to explore Sydney.
The team & I are delighted to read that we will be able to welcome you and your family back to Adina soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stay here regularly and I am always impressed with the service and cleanliness. If ever I need anything the staff are quick to respond and are always friendly. Neat hotel and good location. With Bills Restaurant linked, the room service is fantastic and reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Alex A,
The team at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and loved our location.
I am very pleased to read that you are a return guest to our hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with this positive feedback
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina in the near future.
Central Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We've been staying at the Medina Executive at Central once a month for the last three years for my wife's work. Occasionally they're full, and we get overflowed to the Sebel Surry Hills. This month they overflowed us to the Adina on Crown Street, which was supposed to be the same quality. Not even close - we stayed on the 5th floor, and the corridors were positively claustrophobic :( Ceilings were 8 feet high (if that), and and the light fittings hung a foot out from the wall at head level, making things even tighter.

The room wasn't any less claustrophobic. The kitchen is JUST big enough for one person, don't bother trying to have two people organising the kidlets breakfast. The light switch for the bathroom is out in the entryway, on the same faceplate as the main room lights - yes, you're going to accidentally wake the kids up when you get up to go to the loo at 2am.

The bed was a double - yes a double, not even a queen - and I'd say it was the second hardest mattress we've ever slept on. (Hardest would be the time I mistakenly booked into the Formule 1 in Canberra!).

The lounge room was TINY, and there were no drapes, so using a computer/tablet/phone from 6am-8am was a no-go as the sun was shining at you from two directions (the wall against the kitchen bench is a full-height mirror..). I *DO* like the wrap-around corner couch here though - much more practical than the stiff two-seater plus single that is standard at the Medina!

The parking was REALLY good - only 2m clearance, so I'm glad we brought the wife's car - but LOTS of parking, It was also nice not to have to double-park with a note on my windscreen, and go back down at 9-10pm to find a permanent spot, which is the usual dance at the Medina (though being able to leave the roof basket, antennas, etc on my fourby offsets that a lot of the time at the Medina :).

If you were a couple without kids, or a worker staying while on an out-of-town trip for work, this would be the hotel for you! But as a not-stick-figure couple with two kids, it's not somewhere 'comfortable' to relax at the end of a day, or to wake up in the morning - at 7:30am on Saturday morning, I was positively jonesing to get outside where there was some space to swing a cat!

The Staff however were GREAT! Miss 3 scored a little bag with colouring book, sticker sheets, and a pencil set upon checkin, and they offered to send someone to help me with the bags, which was a nice change to the Medina's usual 'Oh, if you hang around in the corner over there, a trolley should turn up eventually..', when looking for a trolley :)

I gave three stars, as while we would never stay here again as a family, I'd happily stay here if I had to spend a few days in Sydney for work..

Room Tip: I'd suggest asking for an even numbered room - that'll put you on the side away from crown s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear TheRealRendrag,
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed comments about your recent stay at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street.
At Adina we pride ourselves on our guest service and I am pleased to read that you found the service and the team to be great, however am disappointed to hear that the room did not meet your expectations.
We always appreciate guest feedback and I will share yours with our team. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Sydney.
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Friend and I booked a 2 room apartment for 4 nights at the Adina Crown St. Location fabulous and staff very helpful and friendly. We paid about A$380 per night and thought we would be in a really fab apartment. It is a real shame that the Adina owners have let maintenance slip. There were issues in our room with a tap handle coming off, one of the showers was so old that it was difficult to slide open and shut, one of the light switches had been carved into with a razor and the paint at the bottom of the servery was peeling. The corridor walls on the 3rd floor were marked and in need of painting.
A couple of issues we bought up were dealt with by housekeeping immediately but the overall look, once you get past reception is out-dated. The gym facilities were great. I guess we paid the price for location but did not think it was worth all that we paid. In saying that I would recommend the hotel but point out you could be a bit disappointed in appearance. Reading the other reviews I am sorry I did not check out other floors - maybe it was just the 3rd floor that needed updating?? Great restaurants around and pleasant walk to Paddys Market, CBD and Darling Harbour.

Room Tip: I would ask if the room had been updated recently
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PeppyAuckland,
Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at Adina Apartment hotel Sydney, Crown Street.
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I was pleased to read you liked the location of the hotel and the gym facilities.
I have noted all your comments in regards to maintenance at the hotel and wanted to assure you that this feedback will get passed onto the relevant departments to be actioned, however I am glad that housekeeping were able to act on the issues you brought up immediately.
The team and I hope that we get an opportunity in the near future to show you what we are truly capable of as your experience is not at all indicative of the Adina standards that we pride ourselves on.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to learn more about your stay.
Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown Street? Share your experiences!