Stayed for one night in a standard queen room (room 20) for a concert at the Hifi Bar (Entertainment Quarter at Fox Studios).
- Old-world charm! The hotel is a converted grand old mansion in Darlinghurst, so the rooms and corridors have interesting period architecture and fittings. It's certainly a big change from the usual identical modern hotel chains.
- Handy location. To get to the hotel from Central Station was a pleasant 20-minute walk through Surry Hills, while the Moore Park precinct (SCG, Allianz Stadium, Fox Studios) was 15-20 minutes walk. The hotel is located on a busy road with plenty of people about, so I felt quite safe walking back there after midnight.
- Friendly staff. Check in/out was smooth and efficient, with staff kindly offering to take my bags to my room on arrival, and arrange for a taxi on my departure.
- Cleanliness. Although the building is old, and has some maintenance issues (eg broken brass latches on windows, some water damage to the ceiling) my room was very clean. The bathroom was modern and spotless, linen freshly laundered, and carpet clean.
- Good choice of pillows
- Water pressure in the shower was quite low
- No elevator. Although it was no problem for me to take the stairs up to my room on the first floor, if you have mobility problems request a room on the ground floor.
- Reception closes at 10pm
Overall, I would happily stay here again for the right price. Although it doesn't have all the mod cons (eg 24 hour reception, room service, lifts), this is a clean, secure, comfortable and very unique hotel in a handy spot in Sydney.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.