“Special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BLUE Sydney

You added BLUE Sydney to your Saves list
BLUE Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Cowper Wharf Rd, The Wharf at Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia (Formerly W Hotel)   |
Ranked #35 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
“Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Very nice hotel, right on the water, good choice of restaurants below the hotel. They added a complimentary bottle of champagne upon learning that it's our wedding anniversary. Nice touch! Our room faces the road rather than the water, which is a little noisy but nothing to complain about.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My partner and I stayed at the Blue hotel for 11 nights at the end of April this year.
The hotel itself was aesthetically pleasing and unique to any other ive stayed at, but i dont think what the hotel had to offer was like any other hotel ive stayed at before either. it felt like as soon as you had breakfast the place seemed to offer nothing but room service at night and a bar on the weekend.

ON ARRIVAL after a 24 hours travel to australia, we arrived at the BLUE hotel late at night around 11pm, checked in at the desk and were told we paid in full so nothing had to be paid...... HOWEVER the man at the reception desk asked us for a further 200$ dollars for each night that we were staying as a holding on a bank card etc.
for 11 nights this means he asked us for $2,200 dollars. I was stunned we had paid in full i didnt know we were going to be asked for such an amount i expected something as to cover costs etc at the room expenses but nothing like this!
We had just traveled from the UK so we didnt bring any cards with us just our spending money CASH to which the desk staff seemed willing to take until we had to say this was our spending money not holding money for the duration of stay. so they agreed to take half our money which we would get back at the end of our 11 nights $1000 dollars. after a long flight i was so angry and felt really put off at the start because this was never explained. also our family in australia said they've never been asked to hold this much money at a hotel before.

STAFF were very kind always happy to help, esspecially one gentleman on breakfast he was always happy and made us feel very welcome.

THE BAR was only open friday saturday and sunday so you had no where to go any other night if just wanted to relax in the hotel. The pub across the road was handy but for a hotel shouldnt this be custom?

THE ROOM was absolutely stunning floor lessly clean like the rest of the hotel get a marina view because you get a view of the city and at night its just so beautiful.

POOL, is lovely nice space to swim but my partner and i were never in there with anyone else if we had it probably would be crowded, but there is a spa to sit in which was very relaxing.

FOOD, we ordered hotel room service twice it was probably to best food of the whole holiday hich is why i dont understand the hotel doesnt have a restaurant? first htel ive been to that does breakfast only and room service. plenty of restaurants and bars outside but extremely pricey otherwise the italian across the road and the pub was the best for close food and drink.

LOCATION, was the best feature about the hotel its a 30min walk to the opera house and harbour which is so beautiful. plenty of food places and tourist attractions advertised by the harbour definitely recommend the bridge walk.

OVERALL better for a short stay than a long one.

Room Tip: marina view is a must the city at night is beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Adam T, General Manager at BLUE Sydney, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sara_CM92,

Thanks so much for dropping by and reviewing your Blue experience.

I am pleased to read that you loved your room, the hotel, the staff, the location....and I think it was Michael at breakfast. He certainly is delightful - even that early!

I am sorry about the confusion at check-in in relation to the bond. It should have been stated on the confirmation you received when booking. I am sorry if this was overlooked. I assure you though that as we commence our refurbishment next month I will also be reviewing all of our processes and policies. I will be sure to take your comments on board in relation to this.

If you do plan a stay in Sydney again, please get in touch and I will be sure to look after you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a place with lavish services, facilities... My favorite is Gym section and last but not the least the food which can not be compared on any basis. It's on the top of the list from my side!! The entrance infrastructure and living ambiance is like entering in the real palace!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Eve K,

OMG - yay you for you!

Thanks for the great wrap. Now that you say it, Blue is a little like a palace. Does that make me the King?!?! Just kidding.

I am so delighted you fell in love with our beautiful little hotel, just like we have.

I do hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Blue is a hidden gem of a hotel. Surrounded by fantastic eateries, with fantastic views and walks around the harbour, quiet and close to the Sydney CBD and North Sydney precincts, Blue has everything I need for a pleasant AND productive business trip into Sydney.Quick check in and out and first class service!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Antony U,

Thanks so much for the admiration! The team are chuffed.

We agree Blue is a gem, which is why we love when guests like you tell the rest of the travelling world! We would love to share the beauty of our hotel and the location with as many people as we can.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The overall stay was pleasant and comfortable. The room was spacious and and clean. The amenities provided were satisfying. Stayed at a Deluxe Pier View King Room, the views from the room was not as good as expected. Got more of the views of the street rather than the sea. The TV cable was not very stable, the friendly engineering staffs came to try fixing it and was told that nothing can be improved.

The hotel is just conveniently located near Royal Botanic Gardens, and an easy walk to Circular Quay and Opera House. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Connie L,

Thank you for the review!

I am sorry to read that you had issues with your TV during your stay with us and that it could not be rectified on the spot. I can confirm that when we start our refurbishment all TV's will be replaced and will also have AppleTV connectivity.

In relation to the view, the Marina side rooms generally have the more popular viewpoint as they all face the city skyline. When you come back to stay please let me know and I will see what I can do about an upgrade for being a return guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Beautiful Warf, perfect to explorer the City, to the Opera beautiful walk true the Park. From there a must the habour Tour :-) Dont forget a drink in the Waterbar in the Hotel.The Gym and the Pool is remarkable, perfekt to unwinde. Have Fun in Sydney, Australia is so relaxing, warm and friendly people.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Helmut B,

Thank you so much for the rave review! We love those here at Blue.

I will be sure to make a fuss over Natascha and Sam - they are both fantastic at their jobs, and wonderful ladies to boot. I am lucky to have them on our team.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future, perhaps after the refurb to see the changes. Or even DURING the refurb to witness the transformation in action?!

Thanks again for taking the time to post this.

Bingil Bay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were booked into BLUE in a Deluxe Pier View Loft Suite for a 2 night stay. The rooms itself was fine without being anything special; very narrow but with the bed and bathroom upstairs there was plenty of space downstairs. The aircon was set very low and, later that night, we discovered why...the upstairs gets hot really quickly with people sleeping up there. TIP...keep the aircon cold, at least at night.
The bathroom was very small but the shower was fine and there is another toilet downstairs. So far, so good.
Our first night was as quiet as a church and, despite having to crank the aircon down in the middle of the night, very comfortable. Had we stayed just that night my rating would have been 4 stars.
Unfortunately our second night confirmed what I had suspected; the walls are paper thin. On this night we had neighbours and when they got home around midnight the sound of doors and people on stairs was so loud we both woke up convinced they had come into our room. Fortunately they went to sleep quite quickly (although not before we'd had a chance to hear everything in the bathroom first!); had our neighbours stayed up watching TV or even talking it would have been a different story.
Had this night been our only experience I would have been rating BLUE a 2 star. So, on average, I've given them 3 stars.
Hotels which have been converted from old (timber) buildings can often have issues around noise (see the Henry James in Hobart as another example). The "funky" feel of the place really doesn't extend beyond the main public space,
Location is exceptional; you're an easy 10-15 min walk through the Domain to Martin Place, a cruisey 45 min stroll along the water to the Opera House or a quick 5 mins up the steps into Potts Point. Just make sure you've got no one in the rooms either side of you!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Missi0nary,

Very interesting name by the way!

Thanks so much for your review and feedback following your recent stay at Blue.

Given that I do not think that is your actual name....I would appreciate if you could get in contact with the property to advise of the room number so that I can look into this further for you.

Thanks again,

Adam Taloni

Been to BLUE Sydney? Share your experiences!