“Location better than expected - service really good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BLUE Sydney

Save Saved
You added BLUE Sydney to your Saves list
BLUE Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Cowper Wharf Rd, The Wharf at Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia (Formerly W Hotel)   |
Ranked #34 of 183 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Location better than expected - service really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for one night on our return from Sydney. Check in staff very friendly. Room spacious and inviting with a great bath. We loved the location, we were able to walk into the city from the hotel and then onto Darlinghurst and near a lovely park as well. Breakfast had some good healthy options. We enjoyed our stay and we stayed on a Saturday night, but we were not disturbed by noise like other reviews - perhaps we were really tired! It is also convenient for some nice restaurants if you don't feel like going far.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by a friend and we were looking forward to our first weekend without kids in a long time. We requested an early check in as we were going to the races but unfortunately there was no room available. The front of house staff tried very hard to accommodate us offering an alternative room and to press our clothes.
When we arrived home at the end of the day we were very pleased to find a beautiful room with large timber beams visible, a view of the water and a sea breeze in the morning was lovely.
The location is just amazing, so close to the city and front of house staff really did go the extra mile for us.
My only critisicm is the quality of the toilet paper! Very unusual in my experience for a 5 star hotel to have such poor quality paper! We will definitely be back for a longer stay in the future but will be packing some Kleenex toilet paper!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Collaroy Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been to this wonderful hotel 8 glorious times. Do I sound full of exaggerated hubris? Well I am. A must for the Romantic, sheer luxury for a 'girls' night away, I took my elderly mother there one year, a wedding anniversary another year. The location - a luxury marina in Wooloomooloo, The choice of 11 different rooms, Luxury Marina Loft rooms, Deluxe Pier, Superior Wharf Room , all aesthetically pleasing, great bathrooms, immaculate. The Waterbar :truly beautiful , stunningly contrived , shimmery and blue,'cocktail lounge' & restaurant, in service 24/7 - I recommend the Rogan Josh! Beds like you've died & gone to Heaven! Close to all the good things like the Opera House, Harry's cafe de Wheels, do some Celebrity Watching, Art Gallery......, really good robes & toiletries- no I didn't take one! The Staff make everything seem effortless, so genuinely compassionate, always ready to listen to any special requests. The 'Blue' has put the 'B' back in Boutique! Small, beautifully understated, subtle, blend into the foreshore & meditate, return from a conference, hit the heated pool,bliss await.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'll keep it short:

- Location is perfect
- Our room was great - it had 2 floors and very high quality interior
- Staff was amazing. Younger guy at the front desk, forgot his name - super helpful with everything.

Only 1 negative was that we arrived early and were unlucky with the lady upon check-in - we had an overnight flight and arrived at 10 - she made us wait till 1! "No rooms available" - then other guests came and they were allocated rooms, so then her superviser corrected the customer unfriendly lady and her mistake. So only suggestion would be to advise them up front with requests, so that you are not dependent on your luck as to who does your check-in. We were simply unlucky with that lady - she in no way represents the rest of the staff of the hotel.

Room Tip: get a room on the left side of the building if you are standing in front of it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked in here for my first night in Sydney. I arrived early in the morning after a long flight, and no luggage.
My room wasn't ready but the check in staff and concierge were very helpful allowing me access to the fitness suite to change and suggesting the best places for brunch and to pick up some emergency supplies.. They also called me whilst I was out to let me know that my room was ready.
The room was a good size and very comfortable with well stocked mini bar. I didn't need to use this though as the hotel bar is very cool and did well made martinis.
There are also any number of restaurants on the wharf which meant I didn't have to go far for my dinner in my jet lagged state.
The area is beautiful and relaxing in the morning but gets very busy in the evening.
Not amazing value but given the good facilities you should hardly expect a budget hotel.

Room Tip: I booked into a loft room as I was only staying one night. There is no view but it's a very goo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

All of the rooms face into the hotel bar, which basically turns into a base-thumping nightclub on the weekends. The room in generally is pretty poorly insulated, I can hear everything going on next door and it sounds like there is a herd of elephants upstairs.

The room is very large and the bathroom is nice.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor, further down the wharf.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New Castle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very cool, contemporary design. Spacious, comfortable rooms with decent view. Great staff that always went above and beyond with recommendations for restaurants, attractions, etc. Conveniently located next to decent restaurants, botanical garden and within walking distance Sydney Opera House and Harbour Ferry Terminal. Wi-fi left a little to be desired, was relatively slow. Outside of that would definitely recommend and would def. stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BLUE Sydney? Share your experiences!