“Convenient location for exploring Potts Point & Kings Cross” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel Rushcutters

You added Vibe Hotel Rushcutters to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Bayswater Road, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia (Formerly Rushcutters Harbourside)   |
Ranked #88 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient location for exploring Potts Point & Kings Cross”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Living outside of Sydney, we only needed 1 nights accommodation to attend what we knew would be a late-finishing Opera House Concert on a Monday night. As usual, we read the T.A. reviews but, not having explored the area for many years, we wanted to be close to Kings Cross / Potts Point. Secure, u/cover parking is a must for us & was located in the basement car-park for $25/night. We also wanted to be within walking distance of Kings Cross railway station which it is.

Yes, it's up an incline, but, unless you're infirm, it's not a steep climb & worth the walk to take in some colour of The Cross. Besides, coming home late as we knew we would be, it was downhill.

The hotel backs onto the very attractive Ruschcutters Bay Park. Ideal for an early morning jog or stroll along with the many others who were taking advantage of its lovely setting.

Hotel staff were very welcoming & helpful; the parking is secure & easy to access rooms from the basement lift.

Now, as some have already reported, for some odd reason, any noises or voices from the corridor transmit into the room as if there's no door. We were fortunate that this wasn't an annoying problem for us as our fellow guests were predominantly quiet. And yes, our room on the 4th floor faced Bayswater Rd., the main arterial road from the City to the Eastern suburbs. Traffic noise was noticeable but not overbearing,

The room was modern but a little "tired" around the edges (if you looked), was very clean as was the bathroom which included a bath, a drying extender-line, a convenient, tiled shelf along 1 wall behind the toilet in addition to the vanity top which was a good size for toiletries. The bed was very comfortable, the window to the street very large, flooding the room with natural light, but with double blinds if that's not what you wanted.

The roof top pool & gym are excellent. Unlike many other gyms, this one enjoys a full height glass wall overlooking the large & delightful pool with great views of Potts Point, the Park with glimpses of the harbour.

The big surprise was the breakfast. I expected the usual breakfast cereals, toast, eggs blah-de-blah, BUT, what a pleasant surprise. Besides the size of the breakfast room which was flooded with natural light, it enjoys a delightful location surrounded by trees, greenery & the Park on one side, capped off with a broad SELECTION of foods, even bircher muesli. Yes, the obligatory cereals, eggs etc, but a selection of breads, sweet buns, fruit juices, fresh fruits &, even an Asian breakfast noodle dish which was delicious. Unfortunately, the coffee, dispensed from a machine was most forgettable.

Overall, we'd recommend it & stay again, but am saddened to read that we may not get that opportunity as it may be "closing down" (Yes / No??)

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the Park. Meander up the hill towards Potts Point / Kings Cross & exp...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear AntiquesOnTour,

Thank you for taking your time to comment about Vibe Rushcutters. We are thrilled you had a great stay and your feedback is valuable to us.

I can confirm that the hotel is no longer closing down so plenty of opportunities for you to come visit us again, feel free to contact me directly for your next booking and look forward to hearing from you.

Kristina Dundovic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Queensland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have read with interest many of the poor comments regarding this hotel. I too have not been a satisfied customer here on several occasions. I have heard through hotel insiders that this property is due to close in 2014 and will be renovated into apartments. This may explain the lack of service and short fall of service. I'm interested to know if this is indeed true. What date are you closing for business?

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear andy02,

Thank you for taking your time to post about Vibe Rushcutters and appreciate your feedback. I would like to hear more about your stays so I can assist you further so please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988.

We are pleased to say that the Hotel will not be closing down and if you would like more information I am happy to speak with you, look forward to hearing from you.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I quite liked my room, but there is no view whatsoever and the room overlooked balconies in a next door property so there was a lack of privacy. The room and bed were comfortable, and the room was neat and clean. The main problem with this hotel is the location, particularly if you are dependent on public transport as you are not near a bus or train route and it is quite a climb up the hill to Kings Cross. There is a restaurant in the hotel, which I didn't try, but there is really no other dining choice within easy walking distance of the hotel.

Yes, you can get taxis, but my sister was meeting me for dinner and she found it difficult to park. Right next door is Rushcutters Bay Park, which is very pleasant, but there are too many other negatives regarding its location to entice me back.

Unlike others, I had no problem with staff or noise - in fact, I found the staff to be very pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear The_Grumpster,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time. We love hearing about staff being helpful and friendly as we pride ourselves in this, I will be sure to share with the team.

Please contact me directly to discuss your stay further on (02) 8353 8988 or kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au, I look forward to hearing from you.

Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My stay here was below what I expeted. The location is not convenent to anything. The doors slam and I was awakend every day by 5 am by slamming doors, people banging suit cases down the hall, and yelling. The hotel should put someting on the doors to soften the closing. Some indoor sound proofing would be nice too. The bed was so bad I might as well been trying to sleep on the floor. The cafe and bar were never open. Our key cards stoped working. The hotel sent me a review link for feedback, in order to do this I would have to set up an account at a 3rd party site. This was a disapointing stay for my first time in Sydney.

Dear MadDogTraveler,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time and feedback.

I am sorry your stay was disappointed and does not reflect on our usual high standards. I would like to discuss your stay further and find out some more information so please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 or kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

From Check in to Check out this hotel was a horrific experience. Staff are ignorant. House keeping is poor. Bar is below today's standards. Management are the ruination of the experience.The picture of the pool on the website does not reflect the actual size. Rubbish bins not emptied. Noise from the hallways at night/ smell of stale beer / parties into the middle of the night. All in all, do not stay at this hotel

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear daisybuckl,

I am sorry your stay was disappointing and does not reflect on our usual high standards. I would like to discuss your stay further and find out some more information so please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 or kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Check in was a little slow and I don't know if he was a trainee or not but two people were checked in next to us while we were still being checked in! I will always forgive someone if they're new but he didn't have a badge stating this so check in was a bad first experience. Upon entering level 2 where our room was, music was literally filling the hallway from a room and it seemed there was a party going on - although the housekeeping people around did not seem to mind and were saying hello to us. As well as this the hall stunk of stale alcohol and body odour - from the room mentioned. I must say the only thing that made me give this hotel 2 stars is that the beds are comfortable and the roof top pool. Housekeeping does need to keep an eye on pool though as there was rubbish everywhere! Other than that room was small and basic and from the arrival impressions this hotel was not worth the $300 we paid for one night!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Matt W,

I would like to discuss your stay further so please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 or kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Wellington, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hi, Just returned from a three night stay. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WITH YOU or you like to go to bed before 11pm. The hotel is very noisy at night - there were lots of inconsiderate tour groups arriving at all hours of the night and the most disappointing evening was on Saturday where the hotel was holding a function with a live band! We were on the second floor and it was like the band was in your room. There is no sound proofing and although the Hotel Reception staff said they would ask the band to turn it down at 10pm they carried on at the same level until 11pm. We had to be up at 5 am for an early flight so it was very frustrating for me and my 11 year old daughter.

There were also lots of teenage groups coming back in the early hours of the morning - drunk and shouting down the hall ways.

In terms of amenities - the pool was nice and the gym was ok. The breakfast was average and the reception staff were average. Overall this was like a low 3 star hotel. Not great for families and too close to Kings Cross.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Slater74,

Kristina Dundovic

Been to Vibe Hotel Rushcutters? Share your experiences!