“Good location, poor service and small rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel Rushcutters

You added Vibe Hotel Rushcutters to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Bayswater Road, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia (Formerly Rushcutters Harbourside)   |
Ranked #88 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Arezzo, Italy
“Good location, poor service and small rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Vibe is in a great location , literally next rush cutter park , and few minutes walk to kings cross and Darlinghurst . Very poor reception at arrival . Room ok but quite small . Gym and pool are in need of a TOTAL redesign . Super expensive wifi at 119 dollars per week, really seriously all over the world is free!!

• Stayed January 2013
Jessica B, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Paolok66

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our great location. On your next stay with us please consider our Deluxe or Executive suites which provide a more spacious environment than our standard rooms. In regards to the wi-fi service, we do offer a variety of Wi-Fi packages through an external provider and unfortunately this is not a complimentary service.

Please accept my apology that you found reception to be poor on arrival, please be assured that I will share your feedback with the team today. However, we are surprised to read your comments relating to our roof top pool and gym as we often receive great feedback from our guests.

We would be happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be more enjoyable than the one that you have described above.

I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Relief Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here on a very good family deal - interconnecting rooms and buffet breakfast. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. The rooftop pool was a bonus although the people smoking up there took away from the atmosphere, especially since we had kids with us.
Great location and service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jessica B, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear paolok66

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our fabulous location.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Rushcutters sometime soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel seems to cater for a lot of tour groups and airline staff. Having stayed here a few times reception staff are either great or not so good. Refer below for the best rooms. If you get a room at the back you will look directly at the apartment block next door which is very close. Rooms are on the smaller side and not very well sound prooofed. Beds are comfortable but the rooms can get warm. The duvets don't help here. Blankets can be ordered. Parking underneath can sometimes get quite full as much of it is given over to local firms for parking during the day. Breakfast there isn't a lot of choice but the quality is good. Average hotel in nothing is really great about it, but nothing is terrible either.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park are best. Avoid rooms at back of hotel as they are very close to and look dire...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Syd675,

We are delighted to that you choose to stay with us when you are in Sydney. Please note that our standard rooms are 22 square metres in size however on your next stay with us please consider our Deluxe or Executive suites which provide a more spacious environment than our standard rooms.

Thank you also for your comment in regards to your parking, breakfast and reception team, I have shared your feedback with the entire team this morning.
If you would like to discuss your stay in more details then please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly.

Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not much to say about this hotel that is good. It was all to much for the staff, not once did I get a smile, no use of name at check in or any other time, Breakfast would have to be the worst I have ever had in a hotel!
Must say that its a great location in Rushcutters bay but most rooms face the main road:(.
Would I return! NO would I recommend this hotel, NO its just a wee bit prefab but still charges far too much for what it is. So you don't always get what you paid for!!!!!

Room Tip: You may request one room but you will get another with some poor excuse to why you have been changed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kentavir

We are disappointed to read that your experience with us did not exceed your expectations. We pride our brand standards of having a smile and using guest names and to have fallen short on this occasion is extremely disappointing. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with our entire team this morning.

In regards to our breakfast, we have recently introduced hot plates along with a new exciting menu and refurbished the look of our buffet area. We were also are delighted to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me personally, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 8353 8988.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked in September for my honeymoon in late November/Early December... we stayed two nights, one in november and the other in december after returning from our cruise (cruise was fantastic). When I booked I was promised a King Deluxe View Room with a view of the bay. What we had the first night was a pokey little first floor room with a view of quartz stone and some dying plants. They were rather aware it was our honeymoon. The night of the return from the cruise (also my husbands birthday) we were given a higher level floor after I complained about or first stay with a view of... the highway. Was this again my DELUXE VIEW?? To top that off, the staff lost our checked coats and it took them easily half an hour to find them AFTER calling a girl whom was off that day.

The rooms, for an apparent four star hotel are tiny, the bathrooms old and outdated, there was paint chipping off our walls and mold in our tub. I couldn't connect to the wifi and there were no details about services in the hotel or nearby. It was definitely not worth $150 a night for a room I could have paid $80 - $100 for elsewhere. I thought I was treating my husband and I, clearly I was not. It left us feeling rather disappointed at the start and end of our honeymoon and the loss of jackets almost ruined the entire trip.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MatthewJRichardson, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear DeannaTorres,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvsor review on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the problems experienced with the room and your misplaced clothing items.

In regards to your room allocations, the hotel has standard and parkview rooms, along with suites. - I am at a loss to explain how you were informed our Deluxe View rooms have a view of the bay. - this is unfortuantely not the case, please accept my apologies.

We strive to continue to improve our service to guests, and this is assisted through constructive feedback like yours.

Regards

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Due to one factor, I will not even bother to comment on the location, facilities, staff or anything else. I wanted to call home, in the US, using my calling card that uses an 1800 number - ie, a free call. I saw nothing in the hotel literature about 1800 numbers, but decided to check with the desk. They told be that 1800 numbers have an 80 cent charge. But this is not a connection fee, but a per minute charge. So had I not checked, my fifteen minute call to the US would have been $19.75 rather than 82 cents. To charge an arbitrary 80c per minute for a free 1800 number, and especially not to disclose this, is the sort of skullduggery that causes me to drop any business that indulges in it. A small connection fee is understandable - phone line provision costs, although like electricity and water this is simply part of the running cost of a hotel in my mind. It costs the hotel nothing for me to be on the line on an 1800 number as opposed to the phone sitting there unused, so I can see no basis for the charge. I can only assume this is across the board at Vibe hotels, so they are off my list, off my clients' list, and hopefully off the list of anyone who I tell or reads this. Taking underhanded advantage is not a way to treat customers.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MatthewJRichardson, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear auspemburung,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

My apologies it seems there was a miscommunication as the 1800 numbers are actually free of charge. We have communicated this with the entire team to ensure that the correct information is being given to our guests at all times.

I would like to thank you again for your review, we would be happy to welcome you back to the hotel again.

I can assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed for 5 days at the Vibe towards the end of November. The rooms are small but functional. I was on the 3rd floor and had a view out onto the main street, not very inspiring. That said at no time was I aware of the noise of traffic. The room contained all the amenities you would expect in a 4 star hotel. There is a large park beside the hotel which is great for an early morning walk. I walked into the city every day and it took around 20 minutes at a fast pace. I did Circular Quay in 30. Beware there is quite a steep hill leading from the hotel into the Cross. I used the buffet breakfast which was pretty good. No free wifi, though you do get a range of free morning papers. The roof top swimming pool affords great views to the harbour and surrounding suburbs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear akmacca,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

The team at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters is pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is beautifully located and the rooftop pool is one of our best features.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Been to Vibe Hotel Rushcutters? Share your experiences!